eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Import Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by JudesNiceThings View Post
    I agree with Huddy.

Although I have had over 1000 transactions on feebay, with 100% score over about 7 years (I'm an individual seller) - I think that 'score' is ONLY relevant to feebay, not to eBid.

I've only been buying and selling on here since about last September, and I'm quite proud of my 70+ score, as it was quite hard going (as everyone knows)

I won't be importing - people will have to judge me on my EBID-only performance!
    Quote Originally Posted by wizbooks View Post
    That's the way I feel as well.
    I won't be importing mine either, I'm also proud of my feedback earned here.
    Maybe the Feedback page needs another filter now for Imported Feedback
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

I was hesitant to import my feedback as part of me thought that "it didn't seem right", but I thought about it again and decided that this is feedback I earned. This is NOT feebay's feedback; it is MY feedback... I earned it. So I should be able to take it with me (or at least the numbers) wherever I go... much like taking letters of praise with you if you have a brick and mortar store in a shopping mall. If you close that store and open elsewhere, you would still want to take and post those letters of praise you received in the past.

Also, as much as I don't care for the concept, there ARE those people out there that base some of their decision making on the amount of feedback a seller has. If importing feedback helps me make a few more sales, then I'm all for it. The kitties need catfood and it ain't getting any cheaper!!!

Still, I fully understand the reasoning for those that do not wish to import, and am very glad it is an optional thing. I sincerely hope that no ill will develops between those that don't use the option, and those that do.

Records, VideoDiscs, Tapes, Books, Puzzles, Gifts

Quote Originally Posted by klj View Post
    Have you all noticed the import feedback tab on your feedback page? Allows you to add all the feedback you have from Repatoo.

Thanks for that though I already had my Repatoo button on my me page.

Now to go and see what my Feedback page looks like!

Quote Originally Posted by WindsorBear View Post
    I was hesitant to import my feedback as part of me thought that "it didn't seem right", but I thought about it again and decided that this is feedback I earned. This is NOT feebay's feedback; it is MY feedback... I earned it. So I should be able to take it with me (or at least the numbers) wherever I go... much like taking letters of praise with you if you have a brick and mortar store in a shopping mall. If you close that store and open elsewhere, you would still want to take and post those letters of praise you received in the past.

Also, as much as I don't care for the concept, there ARE those people out there that base some of their decision making on the amount of feedback a seller has. If importing feedback helps me make a few more sales, then I'm all for it. The kitties need catfood and it ain't getting any cheaper!!!

Still, I fully understand the reasoning for those that do not wish to import, and am very glad it is an optional thing. I sincerely hope that no ill will develops between those that don't use the option, and those that do.
    My feedback on here is 477, over there it is 841. I don't feel the need to bring it over here, I'm looking forward to hitting the 500 mark and then surpassing my feebay total.

I don't see it causing problems between sellers. I will often check out newer sellers feedback over there if they give their username.

As for the cats, don't they bring in their own food in like mine do. They brought me a lovely rabbit the other day.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wizbooks View Post
    My feedback on here is 477, over there it is 841. I don't feel the need to bring it over here, I'm looking forward to hitting the 500 mark and then surpassing my feebay total.
    Me too.

It's over 5,000 over there.

Bear - I hear you and understand.

Personally, I don't look at the NUMBER of feedbacks, unless they are VERY low -eg under10, when I go further and check over what has been written.

In the other place, I have had successful transactions with people with low feedback and negative feedback - after I'd checked them out and decided they were worth the risk.

Unfortunately, a lot of people don't use their common sense, do they?
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

View harold69's Feedback (+369)
    All-About harold69
    View harold69's Listings
    Forum Posts

I started to use Repatoo and it asked for my password for the sight i was going to get my feedback from, i stopped it there. Didn't trust it

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by harold69 View Post
    I started to use Repatoo and it asked for my password for the sight i was going to get my feedback from, i stopped it there. Didn't trust it
    You don't need to supply a site password. There are other ways to verify your selling acounts. Usually by placing a piece of marker text in the account profile. See item 3 of http://www.repatoo.com/faq.php#whatisrepatoo

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

There's a fairly persistent claim, around the net, that it's failures that can't make it on feebay or scammers that have been kicked off that are joining eBid. The more sellers that import feedback the easier it is to show that this isn't the case. It's a useful tool for the site in general. IMO sellers would be doing each other a favour by going ahead and importing.

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well I have more feedback from ebid anyway so it#s not really a problem for me
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Thread Information