Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does feepay really want to drive sellers away

Default Does feepay really want to drive sellers away

As I have mentioned in another thread, it looks like I am going to have to go back to feepay with my tail between my legs.

So I download and install Turdolister.

Now as I understand things, the whole ethos of turdolister is that it saves you going on line - No, not anymore, it seems you need to go online and log in to feepay each time to use it. Another little browser screen with feepay in it comes up.

then...

get this...

then..

you gets this in the little browser

eBay doesn't recognize the computer you are using. We understand that you may use different computers to access your accounts. However, since you're signing in from a new computer, in order to protect your account, you are being asked to confirm your identity through this phone verification process ...

After having a little browse around to find out what this is all about, it seems feepay track whichever PC you are using

So in other words, everytime you clear out your cache and cookies, (which we all need to do from time to time), or go and use someone elses computer, you need to arrange a phone call from feepay, then they will give you a four figure pin.

Exactly where you have to stick this four figure pin is unclear, but I have a pretty good idea where I would like feepay to stick it.

"If it ain't broke, break it anyway"
    feepay's motto
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

I haven't sold anything on the other side for ages, but decided to put up a couple of 99p auctions to see if they would sell....and had to do this verification thing. They asked for my telephone number ( which is the same one I have had for the past 15 yrs) and it came up as an unrecognised tele no. So I used the live chat facility, the person on the other end of the chat was very helpful and I was sorted out in about ten minutes.
    So not the nightmare that it first seems to be.

Quote Originally Posted by stitchysyl View Post
    I haven't sold anything on the other side for ages, but decided to put up a couple of 99p auctions to see if they would sell....and had to do this verification thing. They asked for my telephone number ( which is the same one I have had for the past 15 yrs) and it came up as an unrecognised tele no. So I used the live chat facility, the person on the other end of the chat was very helpful and I was sorted out in about ten minutes.
    So not the nightmare that it first seems to be.
    If I need to go down that route, is there a Spanish inquisition?

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Quote Originally Posted by booksforsale View Post
    If I need to go down that route, is there a Spanish inquisition?
    Yes, but you won't expect it because . . . .

I clear out my cache and cookies every week - never had a call yet, and i log in there everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    Yes, but you won't expect it because . . . .

...nobody expects a Spanish Inquisition Our chief weapon is surprise. Surprise and fear. Fear and surprise. Our two weapons are fear and surprise. And ruthless efficiency. Our three weapons are fear and surprise, and a ruthless efficiency... .... I'll come in again!

...or something like that

Actually, if speaking to feepay was anything like that it could be worthwhile just for the giggle.

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    I clear out my cache and cookies every week - never had a call yet, and i log in there everyday.
    I think it is a new thing??

In the time between last using feepay, and this attempt, I am using a different computer IIRC. God knows how long feepay have been tracking computers, but perhaps their system 'noticed' that my PC is different from last time???

Or perhaps it just looks for the presence or absence of a cookie (flash cookie apparently whatever that is) since your last session??

It is extra work if this means you do have to keep contacting feepay. It also appears to be another invasion of privacy.

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

they might be logging your computer's UUID which will not change even if you clear cookies, etc, it will change if you have a different computer or re-install windows, etc , or if you replace your ethernet or modem card.

I havent noticed this issue myself- but it may just be UK's ebay? I have no issues logging in from different computers...
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Quote Originally Posted by booksforsale View Post
    I think it is a new thing??
    Since last September when the last major upgrade came in.

I use it it to prepare ALL my listings wherever they end up, and it's been a right pain this last week with my internet connection going AWOL in the evenings.

Defeats the whole object of using it offline in your own time.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I use TL all the time, and never have any problems with it. I have had to do the PIN thing once when I changed something significant (can't remember what now!) and it worked like a charm in about 4 seconds.

I'm sure if I was asked to make a list I could come up with plenty of complaints about sellbay (or any other site) but the PIN system and the log in wouldn't be on there.

Thread Information