eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Locked out of main account, can't receive password emails, but can from forum?

The password should be sent to new email address, if not check old one, also check spam/junk boxes

Forum Lurker
    View cvd's Feedback (+10)
    All-About cvd
    View cvd's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,

Thanks for the reply

Herein lies the problem.

I can't get them to change the address (well, not yet) and I can't log in to do it.

The address that is there is good, it for some reason bounces the password reminders. I control my email server filters at my webhost and the filters are off. My webhost also has no logs of unsuccessful emails from eBid... but no logs of any from donotreply@ebid.net, so they are blocked by something inbetween eBid's sendmail and my pop3 account.

support@ebid.net gets through OK.

eBid says they have had no issues with web-mania.com hosting customers before (where my pop3 server is).

So, I suggested they setup my ISP assigned email in there. Since I transmit through the ISP, they can do a reverse DNS on it and prove that it's me actually doing the sending.

But I was told to... get this.... log into my account and change my own email.

*bangs head*

I need a drink, OY!

Cheers!

Escalate ticket to FAO Gazza & Mark.

That is all I can suggest

Forum Lurker
    All-About cvd
    View cvd's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,

Thanks!

Gazza doesn't accept PM's... how do I do this, just mention them in the support email?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by cvd View Post
    Hi,

Thanks!

Gazza doesn't accept PM's... how do I do this, just mention them in the support email?

Cheers!
    Using your existing ticket number, simply reply to it and put
    Please escalate this to Gazza or Mark so that they can sort this problem out
    You should then get a human reply from support saying that it's been passed to Gazza or Mark, or if it's read by G&M then they will sort it straight away (hopefully)

Do you have MSN email (windows live messinger, messinger, hotmail, Pop3, etc)? They just made some big changes and we now receive email on a different system. Could that be a problem?

Forum Lurker
    All-About cvd
    View cvd's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks raindropsies, that's invaluable information if anything like this happens again

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Do you have MSN email (windows live messinger, messinger, hotmail, Pop3, etc)? They just made some big changes and we now receive email on a different system. Could that be a problem?
    Nope!

I have my domain/hosting and my email is received through that, but transmitted through my ISP.

But great news! It has been resolved

Someone must have been reading this thread (I did send them the link initially) and realized what was going on.

They changed my communications email to the one assigned by my ISP and voila!

Three cheers!

Thread Information