eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet the seller box - please add this feature

Default Meet the seller box - please add this feature

Hi

Would it be possable to have when the seller last visited ebid somewhere in the Meet The Seller box on the auction pages.

I think it's rather hidden in it's current place, and new buyers might not think of looking there, or even know that its there.
    Visit Vizualtouch Vinyl Graphics For Stickers, Decals & Wall Decorations

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree...
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree also.
    The 'last seen' feature should and must be more prominent to buyers before they decide to purchase. There have been too many disappointed and angry buyers not knowing of the 'last seen' date which could have assisted them in their decisions.

x

I agree. We warn new buyers to be careful and check out seller but make it hard to do it. Hard to find last seen.

As said, it would be great right on the about seller page for everyone to see. That page is easy peasy to find even for newcomers.

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    I agree also.
    The 'last seen' feature should and must be more prominent to buyers before they decide to purchase. There have been too many disappointed and angry buyers not knowing of the 'last seen' date which could have assisted them in their decisions.

x
    Totally agree.

Forum Newbie
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View DBSilversmiths's Feedback (+2023)
    All-About DBSilversmiths
    View DBSilversmiths's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree

I Dont even know where the current one is

Dave

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Whilst I'm all for making sites as clear and easy to understand as possible, I can't help but feel that we're in danger of solving the wrong problem. Sure... make it easy for buyers to check a seller is really here, but how much better to do away with the need? Buyers shouldn't *have* to worry about sellers not being active - they do at the moment, and the advice to check is good - but I'd rather ebid spent the time and energy installing a way to prevent absentee sellers staying live on the site. Before they start redesigning the "about the seller" tabs and page layouts I'd rather they put a minimum sign-in requirement in place.

I fully agree, eBid is building momentum now, it would be foolish to throw it away by ignoring the absentee seller problem.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Whilst I'm all for making sites as clear and easy to understand as possible, I can't help but feel that we're in danger of solving the wrong problem. Sure... make it easy for buyers to check a seller is really here, but how much better to do away with the need? Buyers shouldn't *have* to worry about sellers not being active - they do at the moment, and the advice to check is good - but I'd rather ebid spent the time and energy installing a way to prevent absentee sellers staying live on the site. Before they start redesigning the "about the seller" tabs and page layouts I'd rather they put a minimum sign-in requirement in place.

bykimbo, you have a very good point, a minimum sign-in is a very good idea. If a seller does not sign-in within say 28 days all listings are made invisable until they do so.
    However what you are asking is for a new script to be written and installed into the workings of eBid. My suggestion is already written and working, I just think it is located in the wrong place.

But I totally agree the minimum sign-in period is a very good idea that I would also like see happen more than my idea.

As kengillam above says, ebid is deffo building up steam now and it could easily get a bad name for absent sellers.

Maybe both could be done
    Visit Vizualtouch Vinyl Graphics For Stickers, Decals & Wall Decorations

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vizualtouch View Post
    bykimbo, you have a very good point, a minimum sign-in is a very good idea. If a seller does not sign-in within say 28 days all listings are made invisable until they do so.
    However what you are asking is for a new script to be written and installed into the workings of eBid. My suggestion is already written and working, I just think it is located in the wrong place.
    I think you're under-estimating the work involved in either case. But of the two, I'd say it's easier to install a routine that doesn't have a GUI than one that does. Screen real estate's at a premium here.

A lot of us have been asking for a better control system for absentee sellers for a LOOONNNGGGG time now, but we keep chipping away. One hopes they're listening back at eBid Towers, and just haven't had time to do anything about it yet. If the Ninja Lister's approaching pukka release, as it seems to be, maybe that will free-up some resources for tackling the next biggest problem: dump and run sellers. Fingers crossed!

Thread Information