Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Petrol prices...

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Petrol prices...

I've just had this email through and wondered what everyone's thoughts here are on the subject -

We are hitting £129.9 a litre in some areas now and soon we will be faced with paying £1.50 per litre. So Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign' that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS - not sellers control the market place. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one) i.e. ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If all of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)....and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on. By the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it.....

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all YOU have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all (and not buy at ESSO/BP). How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell,Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons, Jet etc. i.e. Boycott BP and Esso

But the thing is Esso, Texaco and BP supply these big supermakets. So not buying at ESSO, TEXACO and BP really isn't going to make any difference. The only way to make these companies take heed is if everyone who owned a car (NOT suggesting it - So no biting my head off) either walked to work, got a train or even cycled to work for 2 months, not only would petrol stations be seeing a sharp drop in fuel purchases, but there would be too much fuel to distribute that the Government would end up reducing the fuel costs to try and get rid of the excess fuel.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Out of the current £1.30 average at the moment, 88p goes to tax man, 5-10p to retailer, 15p delivery and the rest is the cost price.

It ain't the petrol companies at fault, it's the government getting as much as they can.

Vehicle owners also get taxed and charged too much in other ways.
    Road tax
    Insurance premium tax
    MOT
    084 & 087 numbers to call them

People in the UK are simply being ripped off, and there is very little - nothing that can be done about it.

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

People in the UK are simply being ripped off, and there is very little - nothing that can be done about it.

Try that revolution thing
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@Cleaver

Great idea.
    I am in New Zealand, so can't help or join in.
    I have often had the same idea.
    But why not just pick one oil company that would have a much bigger effect.
    And as Craig says the supermarkets get their petrol from the oil companies.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes and if I was an oil company I would be looking at all the tax western governments add to petrol and saying well they can easily afford to buy our oil.
    They don't have anyhting else to sell.

I think its a good idea specially if transport firms and fleets get on board, its a bit more difficult for drivers in the sticks but they are the ones paying even more through the nose.

If consumers act together they can make things happen.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

morning folks , I believe the price is going up 8p a litre ( approx ) in April....this is just to add a little to the joy of the morning.....???.....fed up already.....papa.

Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View PATRIOT73's Feedback (+173)
    All-About PATRIOT73
    View PATRIOT73's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by papagran40 View Post
    morning folks , I believe the price is going up 8p a litre ( approx ) in April....this is just to add a little to the joy of the morning.....???.....fed up already.....papa.
    papa.............i run m''''wheelz on yorkie bars
    4 bars fer quid
    n the odd guiness
    "WALKING IS DEFINITELY OVERRATED"

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Back in the 70s they had an electric car at Disneyworld, called it 'car of the future.' Guess the future still isn't here yet, sigh...

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information