My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need some advice....

Syl whatever you do don't send without online traking as paypal will refund them the postage as well if you don't have a tracking number.

I sold a batch of 40 or so magazines to a guy in the US a few months ago. Each magazine was quite large and weighed about 0.5kg so the combined estimated weight of your magazines seems entirely reasonable to me.

As far as I can remember the cost of that package was about £60-£70 using 'p2go' (I'm sure other courier booking services are available blah, blah...) so the cost of the international courier also sounds about right. The package was tracked door to door with a signature required upon delivery. All this was pointed out to the buyer beforehand and everything went through without a problem.

I'm not sure where you'd stand with a Paypal claim as it has never happened to me for a bulk, tracked order.

Rock, Pop, Indie, Dance and more CDs

I would look at the cost of posting by sending them in several lots.

Some times ive posted 2 x 2 kilo packages abroad and its worked out cheaper.

Also make the customer aware of the delays in USA customs.

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BAGHAG999 View Post
    I would look at the cost of posting by sending them in several lots.

Some times ive posted 2 x 2 kilo packages abroad and its worked out cheaper.

Also make the customer aware of the delays in USA customs.
    I tried splitting them up and estimating the cost that way but it worked out much more by RM...so went looking at the courier services which were far more reasonable.

All-About stitchysyl
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hypn0t0ad View Post
    I sold a batch of 40 or so magazines to a guy in the US a few months ago. Each magazine was quite large and weighed about 0.5kg so the combined estimated weight of your magazines seems entirely reasonable to me.

As far as I can remember the cost of that package was about £60-£70 using 'p2go' (I'm sure other courier booking services are available blah, blah...) so the cost of the international courier also sounds about right. The package was tracked door to door with a signature required upon delivery. All this was pointed out to the buyer beforehand and everything went through without a problem.

I'm not sure where you'd stand with a Paypal claim as it has never happened to me for a bulk, tracked order.
    Thanks, at least I'm not far off the mark with costs then.

I've emailed the buyer and highlighted the high cost of postage. Just waiting for a reply.

I would actually prefer to send by courier as the parcel would be tracked door to door.
    I have lost a couple of parcels to the US in the past using RM, and once they leave the UK you are on a hiding to nowt trying to find where they have gone, and worse still, can say goodbye to any compensation...

All-About stitchysyl
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bluejypsy View Post
    I would suggest that the reason they are a new buyer is that they have found your items through Google and have joined especially to purchase said items. I have had many sales this way (many not showing on feedback I hasten to add) so I wouldn't read too much into the new buyer bit. If you do all that has been previously suggested to you and cover yourself every step of the way all should be well. I think someone pointed out in an earlier thread that you can put the tracking number into paypal as soon as items are posted and this speeds up any claim from other parties and works in the sellers favour. Good luck I hope this turns out to be a very positive sale for you.
    Most of my sales have been by new buyers so that isn't a particular worry....I think it was the large amount of mags along with a couple of other items that threw me...

I have sold lots of big quantities of magazines overseas. I always use a courier and have never had any problems.

All-About stitchysyl
    Forum Posts

Its what we thought it might be. A new buyer who hadn't realised the high cost of postage to the USA.

eBid admin have been great.

I emailed them explaining the situation, and that I didn't want to do the reminders and NPB thing for so many auctions, especially as this seems like a genuine mistake by a newbie, and within a few hours the bids on them all were cancelled and the fees refunded. The items are now all relisted.

So all's well that ends well.....although I could have done with the sales, and making some space here....ah well!!!!!

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stitchysyl View Post
    Its what we thought it might be. A new buyer who hadn't realised the high cost of postage to the USA.

I emailed them explaining the situation, and that I didn't want to do the reminders and NPB thing for so many auctions, especially as this seems like a genuine mistake by a newbie, and within a few hours the bids on them all were cancelled and the fees refunded. The items are now all relisted.

So all's well that ends well.....although I could have done with the sales, and making some space here....ah well!!!!!
    Sorry it didn't work out, here's hoping the next big customer will be one with big pockets.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View bluejypsy's Feedback (+618)
    All-About bluejypsy
    View bluejypsy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stitchysyl View Post

Oh what a shame I am sorry to hear that. Better luck next time.

Special items for that special little person in your life.

Click here to visit Blue's Homemade Goodies.

Thread Information