Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newsletter

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Newsletter

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post

The info is there but for some reason eBid mask the email address. I don't know why they do that in direct emails. Even elsewhere, any harvesting software will not be phased by that kind of masking.
    I suspect its the newsletter editor's way of cutting down the number of entries into the comp. Gives her more chance of winning.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Forum Diehard
    View SherMari's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About SherMari
    View SherMari's Listings
    Forum Posts

Can some one provide a link to the current news letter I simply must have deleted it

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    I suspect its the newsletter editor's way of cutting down the number of entries into the comp. Gives her more chance of winning.
    Cheeky blighter! As for the mangling of the address,sorry not my choice. Thank you for any and all kind words. Craig had taken to publishing the newsletter on his web site, so I stopped doing it - there being little point in having it in two places. Has he stopped? If so, I can start again if it helps.

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Cheeky blighter! As for the mangling of the address,sorry not my choice. Thank you for any and all kind words. Craig had taken to publishing the newsletter on his web site, so I stopped doing it - there being little point in having it in two places. Has he stopped? If so, I can start again if it helps.
    HannaHolly and then Raindropsies (may be wrong about the members, apologies if I am) used to post it on the KT for those who didn't receive it. Unless Da Boyz have any specific objection to the practice it would seem the most logical place to post it.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

So i did! That was before I found facebook and didnt have time

View Mountman's Feedback (+122)
    All-About Mountman
    View Mountman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wink Re: Newsletter

Thanks for the info, and glad I'm not alone in finding the address (cancelled my appointment with SpecSavers)

keep well

Steve
    The day my boat comes in - Knowing my luck, I'll be at the Airport!
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/sjn-designs-vinyls

Forum Diehard
    All-About SherMari
    View SherMari's Listings
    Forum Posts

I still want to read it and I need a link to it. Is it not on the forum anyplace?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

You lose all the pretty pictures, but here you go...

eBid Newsletter March 2011
    Lost your username or password? | Unsubscribe | Go to eBid Now

Welcome to our March Newsletter
    1. Happy Easter
    2. Four Million
    3. News from Gazza
    4. Competition Time
    5. Hints & Tips

Where else can you find Zero Listing Fees for Life for £49.49 (incl. free t-shirt)?
    Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime today. One-off payment £49.49

eBidder dardonboi in Boise, Idaho has been telling the world how good she thinks eBid is.
    "I have been selling and buying on eBid.net now for almost a year. I have found it to be extremely easy to use. The support from the administration and fellow eBidders is second to none. I wish my experiences with all the other sites I have sold on would have been this good."
    Whether Easter is a religious occasion for you, or a time for family gifts, painted eggs and too much chocolate, we all hope you have a wonderful Easter at eBid. If you're looking for a special present to mark the occasion, take a look at some of the wonderful offerings in our Occasional & Seasonal section. We can't promise you'll find an island like the Dutch explorer Jacob Roggeveen, who encountered Easter Island on Easter Sunday 1722, but you can expect to see a variety of great items from cuddly bunnies, via hand-carved goose-eggs to a sweet little chick in a box. Why not take a leaf out of Roggeveen's book, and do some exploring?

Yes, it's true! eBid auctions worldwide topped the 4,000,000 mark for the first time this month. We'd offered a little encouragement to you to get listing, and the person to list our four millionth auction was greatlakestate in Michigan, US. Greatlakestate, therefore, is the lucky recipient of our $4,000 prize. Congratulations!
    March has been an incredibly busy month for us (and for you too, if the new record numbers are anything to go by!) At the start of the month we implemented one of the biggest update lists we've ever handled. You can see the full list here in the forum where we publish all our release notes to keep you fully informed. Below you'll find a brief list of just a few of the highlights.

We'd like to say Hi to the thousands of new buyers and sellers that have joined us this month, you've helped make March 2011 our busiest month ever for new users and sales. A lot of our new users are finding their way to eBid via the millions of ads we publish every day around the web. We've been long time advertisers on Google and it's affiliated sites and have this month increased our ads there and also made our largest ever advertising purchases on the following sites : Facebook, Bing, Yahoo, MSN, AOL and Plentyoffish. Our fan numbers on our Facebook page have quadrupled in a month. Give us a "Like" if you can!

Our advertising push is only part of our long term marketing strategy, we appreciate the effort put in by our loyal user base in helping to get the word out and are pleased to announce we have just signed an 18 month commitment to the largest affiliate network in the world, Commission Junction. They will be running our brand new affiliate program for us where we will be offering payouts not just for new members but also for upgrades to Seller+. We haven't worked out the exact semantics yet but a Seller+ Lifetime upgrade for a user that followed your link will get you a nice payout.

For our European users, our recommended payment partner PPPay.com has recently unveiled some significant changes to allow for a smoother service. Card verification by the sender is no longer needed for the seller to accept the money. Card verification fees have been reduced by 75%. Money can now be sent directly from a bank account instead of a card.

While our headline is focusing on Easter at the end of the month, don't forget that April also holds an equally important event: Mothering Sunday. We'd like to take a moment to thank all you hard-working Mums who've discovered that eBid is the perfect way to buy and sell while running a busy home. In our own way we like to think we've helped a bit with that juggling act, so happy Mother's Day from all of us.

Just some of our updates:
    • NEW - Shipping costs for each extra item of Multi-Item sales can now be added with Flat Rate shipping
    • NEW - You can now Close and Delete auctions within a My Bulk Edit bucket
    • UPDATE - Added Verified by Visa and Mastercard Securecode checks if applicable for card payments
    • UPDATE - eBid Spain, eBid Italy and eBid Netherlands items now being uploaded to Google Shopping
    • UPDATE - Search keyword matrix. Misspelled and variations on words now included in search results. eg. ps3 "ps 3" playstation3 "playstation 3"
    • UPDATE - Feedback can now be added for secondary purchases of the same item
    • UPDATE - Improved ISBN/EAN/UPC product details system
    • UPDATE - Customisable eBid Store page titles
    • UPDATE - Customisable eBid Store META KEYWORDS
    • UPDATE - Added eBid Facebook page Like button to front page
    • UPDATE - Added Facebook "Share" and Twitter "Tweet" buttons to more obvious position on auction page
    Welcome once again to the eBid Newsletter Competition. Congratulations go to eesstuff in Norfolk, UK who knew there were over 2.5 million items available on eBid Ireland in March. One eBid Goody Bag will be winging your way soon!

So now for April's Question: When did Jacob Roggeveen encounter Easter Island?
    Was it a) 1066 b) 1722 or c) 1963?
    This month's prize is an eBid Goody Bag AND an Apple 2GB iPod Shuffle. Your entries must include the following details:
    1. Answer to the competition question
    2. Your eBid username
    3. Name and address for sending out any prizes
    Incomplete entries will be automatically deleted. Closing date 15th April 2011. Email answers to competitions at ebid dot net

Buyers looking for a heavy item you'll need to collect? You can change the sort order on items found to "nearest to me".

Sellers you can list one-off items quickly and easily by clicking the down arrow on the Sell tab and filling in the quick-start form.

Forum Diehard
    All-About SherMari
    View SherMari's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you so much.

Thread Information