eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How can I trust a seller when he has not send any of the items that i won

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: How can I trust a seller when he has not send any of the items that i won

Quote Originally Posted by milly1315 View Post
    I notified to ebids and they have suspend the seller, but, now i'm checking the seller's website, and turns out that he took money from many, many people !!
    How could the people from ebids did not noticed? I'm confused and I do not know if I can trust this web site anymore!!
    Oh come on - be fair! I can understand you being upset at POSSIBLY losing money (there's a high probability that you'll be refunded via Paypal and Google) but you can't reasonably expect eBid to PERSONALLY check every single member's listings or to know what they are up to! (I'm ASSUMING you mean his stores/listings). In fact maybe you should have checked a few things - like feedback, etc - before you purchased anything from this moron.
    Nancy
    Ceud měle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: How can I trust a seller when he has not send any of the items that i won

I would say you can trust this website more than most. The support staff have done what they can to keep scammers out, but a few can sneak in on any site. Ebid probably does not look at every sale made by every seller..........it is always up to the buyer to beware, no matter where you buy from, and only deal with sellers you are comfortable with. This might mean that you email them before you buy, and see what sort of a reply they give. It might mean that you only pay via credit card or paypal so that you have recourse to getting your money back if something goes wrong. As you look around the forums, you can see that an occasional buyer causes the problem, and sometimes an occasional seller. People are people here, on other sites, and in stores around the world. Some bend over backwards to be helpful, honest and provide good service, others take people's money and are never seen again. Some buyers pay right away, others rack up purchases and never pay, leaving the seller with fees and lost opportunity to sell to an honest buyer. Don't give up, just be as careful here as you would be on other sites. The biggest scammer I ever ran into was on a different site. Did I get any help from their support staff???? No. I'm here because this is the best site I have found. Good luck, and I hope you are able to put in a paypal claim for your money. Best wishes!
    Last edited by HerMajesty; 3rd June 2011 at 07:06 PM.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    I would say you can trust this website more than most. The support staff have done what they can to keep scammers out, but a few can sneak in on any site. Ebid probably does not look at every sale made by every seller..........it is always up to the buyer to beware, no matter where you buy from, and only deal with sellers you are comfortable with. This might mean that you email them before you buy, and see what sort of a reply they give. It might mean that you only pay via credit card or paypal so that you have recourse to getting your money back if something goes wrong. As you look around the forums, you can see that an occasional buyer causes the problem, and sometimes an occasional seller. People are people here, on other sites, and in stores around the world. Some bend over backwards to be helpful, honest and provide good service, others take people's money and are never seen again. Some buyers pay right away, others rack up purchases and never pay, leaving the seller with fees and lost opportunity to sell to an honest buyer. Don't give up, just be as careful here as you would be on other sites. The biggest scammer I ever ran into was on a different site. Did I get any help from their support staff???? No. I'm here because this is the best site I have found. Good luck, and I hope you are able to put in a paypal claim for your money. Best wishes!
    Hear, hear! Well put, Your Majesty.

Bows and trips on a kitty.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Milly what was the sellers feedback like when you decided to bid? Did you consider checking the sellers website before bidding?

On any online auction site it's the buyers responsibility to check the sellers feedback and make a choice whether to buy or not. Ebid appear to have suspended the seller once you let them know there was a problem so any criticism of ebid seems unjust.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

In fact- reading the sellers feedback makes me quite annoyed at how stupid some buyers can be. Why on earth would they buy high value items from a zero feedback seller without making any checks- then blame the website for it! Yes the sellers a scammer- but he/she will continue to be a scammer whilst there are mugs stupid enough to send him lots of money for nothing.. sigh..

Thread Information