Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Have you made a purchase from a 'plug' in this thread?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. Only read to check out the competition

2 4.44%
  • No. But if someone plugs the right item I might

20 44.44%
  • Yes - once

7 15.56%
  • Yes- more than once

16 35.56%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many of you have made a purchase from a plug in the 'plug your auctions' thread?

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question How many of you have made a purchase from a plug in the 'plug your auctions' thread?

How many of you have made a purchase from a plug in the 'plug your auctions' thread?

I'm curious because i've never had any luck ( well maybe when i was more active in the YDC world) and the thread moves so quickly theings dont get many views.

If i do this right there'll be a poll attached

Oh for anyone who doesn't know me I have 5 stores on ebid and lots of special offers on just now

http://reality-tv.ebid.net/ For books, music and memorabilla on reality and talent shows

http://skate-dance-sport-heaven.ebid.net/
    Mainly Ice skating books and collectables

http://king-and-country.ebid.net/
    Military and Royalty themed books, postcards and collectibles

http://hannaholly-collectables.ebid.net/
    Postcards, enamel badges, jewellery and lots more

http://hannaholly-bookstore.ebid.net/
    Hundreds of biographies, true crime and popular fiction - but lots of other genres too- including some signed books

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: How many of you have made a purchase from a plug in the 'plug your auctions' thre

I've made a few sales through the Plug Your Auction thread and I've bought one or two things as well.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: How many of you have made a purchase from a plug in the 'plug your auctions' thre

Since this is in PLUG YOUR AUCTIONS, where it should be, since you are plugging your very nice auctions, we really shouldn't be commenting here, or it will get deleted. You could close the thread, but then we couldn't do the poll. You could move the thread to buying and selling, or KT, but it's really a plug thread......hummmmmmm
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, once, can't say I scan the plugs, but if something interesting pops up, I like to check it out. I'm always willing to buy, unfortunately the wallet isn't always amenable.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Why shouldn't the poll be here? i'm plugging my auctions at the same time as gathering useful marketing info for everyone

edit.. ahh- sorry i realise what you're saying- this thread gets bumped. What if i lock the thread? will the poll still work? I'll check back for an answer swiftly!

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yep....I have bought a few items this way

I'm a "visual shopper".......or just plain nosey....take your pick lol

I've also made several sales from "plugging".....although I don't use the thread very often (mainly cos I forget to).

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

I don't read it and have only used it to plug once and that many others then got their threads bumped by mates or started new ones so decided it wasn't worth the effort

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Interesting poll. I voted "No, but would if someone listed right item." [currently 42%]

In general, I feel the plug threads are a waste of time. Have never made a sale from one, and usually get bored with them as no one can interact in there to let me know if it is effective. I usually don't bother to look at them, unless I see certain metals being plugged that are starting below melt value.

It is very interesting to see that some have made sales or purchases through them [currently 58%]. Might reconsider trying it again, if I can somehow avoid being bored out of my skull. :-)

P.S. Sure wish there was a way to lift the ban on "Plug Thread" interaction.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    Since this is in PLUG YOUR AUCTIONS, where it should be, since you are plugging your very nice auctions, we really shouldn't be commenting here, or it will get deleted. You could close the thread, but then we couldn't do the poll. You could move the thread to buying and selling, or KT, but it's really a plug thread......hummmmmmm
    LOL! See, I didn't even look, my response in general to plugs. :-)

Glad to see it is now in the kitchen for more to see...........poll is interesting and helpful.

I've bought from there once, it could be more but I can't remember ! I do a plug thread occasionally but can't say it's a forum I visit very often.

Thread Information