eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

That's enough of all that the Penthouse is open!!! Cocktails!!!

Name:  tequila anejo for trish.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  3.1 KBName:  highland park.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  10.3 KBName:  ice bucket with glasses.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  3.4 KBName:  irish coffee.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  4.1 KBName:  Jack.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  11.0 KBName:  Moscow Mule.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  3.1 KB

Forum Saint
    North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    View Tiskets's Feedback (+1051)
    All-About Tiskets
    View Tiskets's Listings
    Forum Posts

A Highland Park would be most welcome - better than spitting nails as I am at the moment! LOL

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    I mixed up a Gin with a bit of tonic before I reread your post let me know if it's acceptable.

Attachment 31139
    Thanks for the gin, I've never found one that wasn't acceptable. The large selection of whisky is necessary because sometimes I feel like a heavy, peaty Islay malt and other times I might fancy a smooth Speyside one or a lighter Lowland dram. Anyway, there's nothing like putting the world to rights over a few drinks, so, here goes.

Apologies for cutting your post but it was a bit long to quote and you know what you wrote (if not it's just a few posts above).

I hadn't really commented on your idea, I was still thinking about it; just explaining the massive numbers of 'guests'. So, I'l comment now. Plugging eBid or just general upbeat posts are a great idea as long as it doesn't make the forum seem full of cheerleaders which can be almost as off-putting to seasoned sellers as a forum full of moaners. Buyers who have no intention of ever selling don't care if sellers are happy as long as they can buy what they want at a price they're happy with. So, done with restraint, it's a good idea.

I do, however, heartily disagree with the frequent moan from one member about there being too many 'social' threads on the forums and have been meaning to post in the 'Promoting eBid' forum about it. So, I'll do it here and maybe move it up later.

The 'business' forums are needed for helping newbies (and not so newbies) with questions about the site and letting admin know about any glitches and suggesting things we'd like to see. Yes, they're useful but all they really do for eBid is take some pressure off support.

The 'social' forums are needed for helping eBid. There are several reasons (and I've probably missed some) so, in no particular order -

Members who are active in the forums are more invested in the site, they feel a sense of community and are more likely to stick around for the long haul. This is why it's so important to keep things friendly and welcoming.

Search engines like new content and chatty threads provide that.

Search engines also like sites that get a lot of page hits so the more there is to read in the forums, the more pages are looked at and the site's ranking increases.

People search for all manner of weird and wonderful items and phrases. The more variety in chat threads, the more chance of someone stumbling across eBid by accident because a thread in the forum contained the phrase they were searching for.

I'm sure there's more but my sausages are getting cold and my stomach is rumbling.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

[
    QUOTE=cmjewels925;1442420]Thanks for the gin, I've never found one that wasn't acceptable.

I was more concerned with the dilution with tonic!

The large selection of whisky is necessary because sometimes I feel like a heavy, peaty Islay malt and other times I might fancy a smooth Speyside one or a lighter Lowland dram. Anyway, there's nothing like putting the world to rights over a few drinks, so, here goes.
    I'm a beer drinker myself with the occasional sip of Tequila (as long as it's the Anejo variety). I had to give up on Whiskey a long time ago as it made me too mean. Still have an occasional vodka (Moscow Mule) and every now and then a good snifter of Cognac but can't handle scotch.

Apologies for cutting your post but it was a bit long to quote and you know what you wrote (if not it's just a few posts above).
    I wouldn't worry about that at all around these parts.

I hadn't really commented on your idea, I was still thinking about it; just explaining the massive numbers of 'guests'. So, I'l comment now. Plugging eBid or just general upbeat posts are a great idea as long as it doesn't make the forum seem full of cheerleaders which can be almost as off-putting to seasoned sellers as a forum full of moaners. Buyers who have no intention of ever selling don't care if sellers are happy as long as they can buy what they want at a price they're happy with. So, done with restraint, it's a good idea.
    There have been a few comments throughout the forums and since the comments are scattered I'll need to somehow find a way to get them all on the same page to try and come up with an ammended idea for a plan. You have some great thoughts there.

[QUOTE]I do, however, heartily disagree with the frequent moan from one member about there being too many 'social' threads on the forums and have been meaning to post in the 'Promoting eBid' forum about it. So, I'll do it here and maybe move it up later./QUOTE]

As do I and most others. Like the Army thread we try not to bring up other areas of the forums good or bad. Kinda makes the thread appear to be a clique which I don't beleive anybody wants. Just a place to chat with friends throw out some ideas and sit back and have a cocktail or 3 with a few tunes. But since you mentioned it IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!

The 'business' forums are needed for helping newbies (and not so newbies) with questions about the site and letting admin know about any glitches and suggesting things we'd like to see. Yes, they're useful but all they really do for eBid is take some pressure off support.

The 'social' forums are needed for helping eBid. There are several reasons (and I've probably missed some) so, in no particular order -

Members who are active in the forums are more invested in the site, they feel a sense of community and are more likely to stick around for the long haul. This is why it's so important to keep things friendly and welcoming.

Search engines like new content and chatty threads provide that.

Search engines also like sites that get a lot of page hits so the more there is to read in the forums, the more pages are looked at and the site's ranking increases.

People search for all manner of weird and wonderful items and phrases. The more variety in chat threads, the more chance of someone stumbling across eBid by accident because a thread in the forum contained the phrase they were searching for.

I'm sure there's more but my sausages are getting cold and my stomach is rumbling.
    All this definately needs to go public ASAP! Why are my responses typed in blue? I don't like typing in blue. I like red. Why can't this be red?

Speaking of Blue here is one of my favorite oldies.

http://youtu.be/8_b6xaVvgeM

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Another thread gone. You can probably guess this tune before you open it.

http://youtu.be/rY0WxgSXdEE

Forum Master
    Penarth, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Salomina27's Feedback (+273)
    All-About Salomina27
    View Salomina27's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Salomina27 View Post
    Hi all. Gotta go to office on other side of town soon onm the bike, rain has just started and wind is letting its force known!
    But Al has cheered me up with this great tune from one of my favourite bands!
    Dont talk to me about postage costs and rises, especially international prices, had a nightmare last week with sending a parcel of crockery to Australia, a challenge enough in itself, weighing 2 and a half kilos proved to be a huge challenge indeed as I grossly underestimated the cost, and also when it gets above 2 kilos the price goes through the roof, and this BEFORE the pending postage rises due a t the end of the month!
    Got it sorted in the end with a very understanding and patient buyer, re-packed it all and learned some lessons too!
    Ok we all need cheering up a bit, Als song has started it, so has the new avatar (LOVE the pic of your handy work too with the big foot cymbal, you clever boy!!!) now I too would like an EM please as like Trish the curiosity is of a need to now basis! So please fill me in too Al on what has been occurring ...
    Catch you all later guys, drinkypoos later on when I return and a song or two, have a good afternoon.

Hi Al and all Im back and STILL awaiting what happened to gain your new avatar and talk of penthouses etc, you know my suspenders are killing me too!
    Ok drinkypoos time meanwhile Name:  drinky poos.jpg

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Salomina27 View Post
    Hi Al and all Im back and STILL awaiting what happened to gain your new avatar and talk of penthouses etc, you know my suspenders are killing me too!
    Ok drinkypoos time meanwhile Name:  drinky poos.jpg
    I sent an email hours ago

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Al, I loved the poundcake story. It made me cry - laughing

Forum Master
    Penarth, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Salomina27's Feedback (+273)
    All-About Salomina27
    View Salomina27's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks Al, got it now.

Well here's another drink for you Name:  cocktails elephant.jpg
Views: 35

Name:  images for Al.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  2.6 KB

and a song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsRxBoDwQFI

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    Al, I loved the poundcake story. It made me cry - laughing
    Christine said it reminded her of me with tomato puree. I always like to have a lot of puree in the house. You know for sauces last minute recipes etc. So every time we go to the store I buy at least 2 cans to have on hand. One time I put 2 cans in the cart and she took them out and said we are overflowing with puree we don't need anymore!

That was the week Bonzo got sprayed by the skunk and you guessed it we used Tomato Puree to get rid of the smell on him. Heh, heh heh...I can buy as much Puree as I want now!

Thread Information