eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: HI guys any one know about washing machines.

Forum Lurker
    Edinburgh, Edinburgh (City of), United Kingdom
    View doggiemad's Feedback (+1408)
    All-About doggiemad
    View doggiemad's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: HI guys any one know about washing machines.

thankfully all dogs accounted for and all coats. remember i have a 17 year old who has a hefty lot of clothes and i would say i use the washing machine on a daily basis not so much daily but atleast 4-5 washes in a weekend or a week if that makes sense so not industrial but well used and atleast 3 times more than my parents. that should help.

so far so good still working scared to try it on the 59 min wash thoughl ol

We had a problem with ours and it was the losd not being balanced evenly, also seem to remember something in handbook about having to do a wash on 90 now and again to clear soap residue out.

Forum Lurker
    All-About doggiemad
    Forum Posts

thanks i do occasionaly do a wash at 90 for towels and i know about the balance feature. Thank you for your imput all helps. it's on the 59 min now so we will see mabye it was the £1.25 causing the problem. seems fine on the 40 degree at an hour and 30 mins cycle now.

we don't have a problem with water hardness and such.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Glad it's working better now, knock wood and that all doggies are accounted for.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Here is a possibility that no one has mentioned. My machine wouldn't do the final spin and we discovered the lid lock was not working so it would not spin. It would do the earlier spins as they are less and the lid didn't need to be locked.

Of course, all makes are different. Mine is a Fisher-Paykel.

LOL oh yeah mine is never off LOLxxx

View shelleywelley's Feedback (+391)
    All-About shelleywelley
    View shelleywelley's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    Here is a possibility that no one has mentioned. My machine wouldn't do the final spin and we discovered the lid lock was not working so it would not spin. It would do the earlier spins as they are less and the lid didn't need to be locked.

Of course, all makes are different. Mine is a Fisher-Paykel.
    It didn't occur to me until I visited USA that appliances could be so different, I assumed a washing machine was the same all over. I think of USA machines as that similar to the old twin tubs we used to have before automatic machines.

Name:  washer.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  13.0 KB

This is a typical UK machine, the door should automatically lock when the programme starts and releases a few seconds after programme finishes. Bit of a pain when it doesn't drain properly and there is still water in there, then we have to use the little square flap at the bottom. Tends to mean water all over floor lol.

Forum Lurker
    All-About doggiemad
    Forum Posts

well guys update everything seems to be working again thank goodness i really couldn't afford a new one or to repair and the spair credit card dad uses for me when i need a bulky item ran out of date. so thankfully whatever happened has sorted itself.

i'm £1.25 richer from what came out mabye the cause then mabye it just need a few cycles to sort itself again. either way i hope that is that.

I'm really greatfull for all your help all sounded reasonable and helpful. and gave me ideas where to look and what to look for. again all woofies accounted for lol though if they evver find a way to stick one in so i could wash them and they'd come out fine and dandy then that would be a bonus. save all the wet hairs everywhere.

as much as i don't miss the old twin tubs they did wash better lol and it was funny watching them do their job.

here's something i found out in america you call the old wash boards the glass king we have them here and we called them the glass queen. I guess mines going back in the cupboard will come in handy one day.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doggiemad View Post
    well guys update everything seems to be working again thank goodness i really couldn't afford a new one or to repair and the spair credit card dad uses for me when i need a bulky item ran out of date. so thankfully whatever happened has sorted itself.

i'm £1.25 richer from what came out mabye the cause then mabye it just need a few cycles to sort itself again. either way i hope that is that.

I'm really greatfull for all your help all sounded reasonable and helpful. and gave me ideas where to look and what to look for. again all woofies accounted for lol though if they evver find a way to stick one in so i could wash them and they'd come out fine and dandy then that would be a bonus. save all the wet hairs everywhere.

as much as i don't miss the old twin tubs they did wash better lol and it was funny watching them do their job.

here's something i found out in america you call the old wash boards the glass king we have them here and we called them the glass queen. I guess mines going back in the cupboard will come in handy one day.
    Glad to hear it all came out in the wash, (sorry couldn't resist).

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information