eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I know I just got here, but.....

All-About wde1361
    View wde1361's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default I know I just got here, but.....

I am not sure how well my items will do here. I primarily signed up for the much ballhooed Google Shopping exposure I would get, and only have one item listed here at the moment, but I cannot find it in Google Shopping at all. Actually, I have seen the item listed on OTHER auction sites instead. I made sure the listing contains all of the criteria it needs for Google Shopping to pick it up, but nada. Additionally, at first blush, it appears that eBid has a larger UK presence than North America, and I am afraid my stuff won't ship across the pond very well - generally too heavy or non-compatible with their electrical systems.

I am not trying to be a wet blanket, and I realize that it is initial impressions I am getting, but I am not feeling very sanguine at the moment. Also, i have browsed through categories I am likely to populate, and there "Ain't nuttin' thar", or not much. i will be moving items over here as auctions close.

Anybody have any thoughts on these points? Am I wrong?

Thanks.

Default Re: I know I just got here, but.....

Does your item meet all the requirements to be uploaded to google shopping? Read #48 on this help page to see: http://us.ebid.net/help_selling.php

Also, regarding the UK presence, of course it is larger since ebid has been in the UK longer than the U.S. But it's presence in the U.S. is growing.

If your item meets all the criteria for uploading to google shopping, you should contact support to ask your question. Perhaps you have forgotten something in your listing to have the item uploaded. There is a link to support below my signature.

Hope this helps.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

(support email is support@ebid.net)
    It looks okay to me, so I would check with ebid support as well.

And welcome

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agree with dark.

Also the more items you list, the better your possibilities for sales. Including international shipping whenever possible is good, too.

Oh and welcome to eBid.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

All-About wde1361
    View wde1361's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks all!

Sorry about the dark tone in my post, I am normally more upbeat than that. I have been dealing with the never-ending saga of Verizon incompetance over 16 fraudulent accounts opened with my partial info 3 years ago. I maxed out my frustration quotient for the day hours ago!

I will re-verify the listing meets the requirements for Google Shopping,- I did have them next to me for referral when I created the posting though.

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Your listing meets Google's criteria but had been live for just over 6 hours when you posted the thread. It's still not even been a full day. It takes time for Google to check and upload data feeds so I wouldn't bother support about it until it has been at least 2 full days.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

All-About wde1361
    View wde1361's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmjewels925 View Post
    Your listing meets Google's criteria but had been live for just over 6 hours when you posted the thread. It's still not even been a full day. It takes time for Google to check and upload data feeds so I wouldn't bother support about it until it has been at least 2 full days.
    Ah, gotcha! I hadn't seen that tidbit elsewhere, but it makes perfect sense.

Thanks!

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Other than the above, what is the long number in your title? I can't see it anywhere on the product and it's taking up one of the prime keyword positions . Including the words Paint Crew 770 might help as that seems to be what Wagner call it.

Didn't find your tone particularly dark (maybe you misunderstood Sues shortening another member's ID to 'dark').

Anyway, to address some of your other concerns -
    Quote Originally Posted by wde1361 View Post
    Additionally, at first blush, it appears that eBid has a larger UK presence than North America, and I am afraid my stuff won't ship across the pond very well - generally too heavy or non-compatible with their electrical systems.
    You can blush until you're red in the face but eBid will remain a UK company that has had a 6 year head start in its home territory against other countries. The US is catching up, though

Quote Originally Posted by wde1361 View Post
    Also, i have browsed through categories I am likely to populate, and there "Ain't nuttin' thar", or not much. i will be moving items over here as auctions close.
    My first boss used to tell the fable of the shoe salesmen. "The salesmen of 2 rival shoe companies were sent to a remote area to see if it would be viable to set up businesses there. The first came back full of woe and reported to the owner that it would be a waste of time because nobody wore shoes there - he'd even been to the surrounding villages and there was no market for shoes in any of them. The other came back full of excitement and screaming from the rooftops - It's amazing! Not one single person within 500 miles owns a pair of shoes. The first company that goes in there with footwear could really make a killing!

Personally, I've done very well with items in a category that was virtually empty before I started listing in it.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

What CME said.

Oh and it's not a bad thing to have a large presence in the UK, they have buyers, too. If I were you, unless it's impossible to ship overseas, I'd include international shipping; let potential buyers decide if they want to pay shipping costs, you never know, some just might.

Good luck with your internet, mine has been wonky all day today, up and down, weather's great, think the modem needs replacing, will find out sometime today.

Best wishes for many sales to al,
    Last edited by suesjools; 27th March 2012 at 05:18 PM.

Thread Information