eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What did you buy elsewhere and why?

Forum Saint
    View RonOne's Feedback (+4296)
    All-About RonOne
    View RonOne's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What did you buy elsewhere and why?

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Most (maybe all) DVD players can be hacked to make them Region Free.
    Mine was made that way........ie not hacked

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RonOne View Post
    Mine was made that way........ie not hacked
    So was mine. The right combination of button presses on the remote changed it from Region 2 only to Region Free.

I would expect all DVD players are intrinsically Region Free, and the restriction to a particular region is buried deep in the controlling software - and set for the market that machine is to be sold into. If you know the right commands you can reprogram it.

If you search your player's make and model you will likely find the method to change it to Region Free.

I think there may be a limited number of times you can change the region though - before it is locked at the last selected.

View selkab's Feedback (+1297)
    All-About selkab
    View selkab's Listings
    Forum Posts

Some people are missing my point to this thread.

My point was defiantly not to say "Oh Look what you can buy on these other sites"

I was thinking more along the lines of letting the sellers on eBid.net see what we have had to look for on other sites and maybe, just maybe, they would think, "Hey I have on of those sitting in the back of my closet. Maybe if it had been listed, I could have sold it".

I'm hoping people don't look at some of the posts and say "Hey I should go out and buy 30 of those items that the one buyer went elsewhere and bought one of"

Too Late the person already bought the item.

My point being is to list as much variety as you can in hopes that when a buyer searches here, they will see and buy the item on eBid.net and not elsewhere.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

All DVDs Players is build with free region code and all other codes exist on it
    Region 1
    Region 2
    Region 3
    Region 4
    Region 5
    Region 6
    Region 0

So…Manufactured of the DVD player already build free region on it, why not use it…?
    It is not illegal, if manufactured company don’t build in codes and build in only one Region code which is for sale on particular market no way to change it but manufactured company already give to you choice…
    Peoples around don’t know and regular DVD players is cheap but Multi region DVD players is not, so just buy one for $20-$30 ( or your existing DVD Player) and set up codes on it and ready to go…

Here what you can do it’s very simple and cost nothing…

Power ON your DVD Player
    Open disc tray with NO disc on it
    On the remote press ‘’setup’’
    Press ‘’preferences’’
    Press number key: **** ****** (some DVD Players use 4 numbers, some 6)
    After that completely new set up screen will appear on your TV and that setup you not see ever before
    On new setup screen you will see;
    Region 1
    Region 2
    Region 3
    Region 4
    Region 5
    Region 6
    Region 0

Use the remote’s up or down arrow and scroll it to region which you like to set up your DVD Player to play in the future DVDs…
    Press setup to exit the menu…

And that’s all….

P.S. Catch is you NEED TO KNOW correct 4 numbers or six numbers for your DVD players but is very easy to find it…that information is all over the Net……

P.S. I go for my job...''storm'' is coming but I like it.......I wish you all good sales and good health....and ''easy'' set up codes if anyone try to make own DVD Player for ''Multiregion DVD Player''........

Forum Lurker
    View MelmacALF's Feedback (+76)
    All-About MelmacALF
    View MelmacALF's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    All DVDs Players is build with free region code and all other codes exist on it
    That is not correct, the vast majority of dvd players can be made multiregion BUT there are still some out there that can not be changed using the remote control.

So if you are buying a new dvd player and you want to play all region DVDs, it is best to check that it can be made multiregion before you buy it :-)
    Last edited by MelmacALF; 20th July 2012 at 06:56 AM. Reason: too many thes lol

I have to admit I have bought a designer dress.
    Couldn't find what I wanted on Ebid I did look.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MelmacALF View Post
    That is not correct, the vast majority of dvd players can be made multiregion BUT there are still some out there that can not be changed using the remote control.

So if you are buying a new dvd player and you want to play all region DVDs, it is best to check that it can be made multiregion before you buy it :-)
    Well...it’s your opinion and I respect that…and if you like just buy expensive Multi region DVD Player go for it, but anyway if you or anyone else has or have the plan to buy ANY DVD player just buy it and I change for you or anyone else just like that to any region which you like, all manufactured make any brand to play DVD disc and that’s is all I need and I will use only remote I guarantee you that…(anything which is made in factory and have on it software can be broken) …is up to only person how hard will try to find….I have about 7,000 different codes because some DVD Players don’t work for one code but I put other one and in the end is always work and I don’t think you will buy exactly one who can’t be changed…and all this is ONLY for regular DVD Players any brand NOT for DVD Blu-ray Players…I not use DVD Blu-ray players and I not look much for that around...

P.S. I can’t change if any DVD Player is made to play only ‘’records’’ like LPs but as you know that kind of DVD player doesn’t exist…...so…’’Let’s roll’’….
    Thanks for your reply........

Forum Lurker
    All-About MelmacALF
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    Well...it’s your opinion and I respect that…and if you like just buy expensive Multi region DVD Player go for it, but anyway if you or anyone else has or have the plan to buy ANY DVD player just buy it and I change for you or anyone else just like that to any region which you like, all manufactured make any brand to play DVD disc and that’s is all I need and I will use only remote I guarantee you that…
    Not my opinion it is a FACT that a small number of dvd players can not be made multiregion by using the remote control, it is simply wrong and bad advice to say that ANY dvd player can be converted using the remote control.

PS Iv seen your posts before and this is the last one I will reply to.
    Last edited by MelmacALF; 20th July 2012 at 09:56 AM. Reason: any not all lol

Quote Originally Posted by Maelbrigda View Post
    I'm now offering collect+ on my heavier items. Its only £3.99 for up to 10kg

£3.30 including vat at the moment through at least 1 site

Forum Lurker
    All-About MelmacALF
    Forum Posts

If you use couriers via another company like this, who do you end up chasing if the item goes missing/gets damaged, is it the company you paid, or the actual courier or might they bounce me against each other ? I once had to chase a courier directly and that was bad enough lol

Thread Information