Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Is there a Discount Code facility on ebid?

Default Is there a Discount Code facility on ebid?

Just curious if there is a discount code facility available on ebid?

Not really sure how this works, but over on "Betsy" I understand the seller can generate a discount code which they can either give to the individual or advertise, on say Twitter for example, to be used to discount purchases at the checkout stage.

As I understand it knowing the code on "Betsy" allows anyone to apply it at checkout, and it applies to all of a seller's listings.

If we put something similar in place here, it might also be worth considering making the seller able to say which listings and/or store a discount code applies to and which buyers can use it.

Like I said, I am not really sure how it currently works on "Betsy", so maybe someone could enlighten us, so that we can discuss how we can put something in place here.

"books"
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Default Re: Is there a Discount Code facility on ebid?

There is no discount code available, but you can give discounts either as a value or percentage and from 1 hour to 45 days duration. You should be able to apply this to multiple listings in My Bulk Edit.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

What kreative said. Another possibility, if you offer discounts, is to mention this in your listings and calculate discounts in the invoice, (I do this for shipping, as I offer combined shipping on jewelry purchases).

Best wishes for many sales to all,

As Sues says you can mention discounts in the listing.

For shipping discounts you can create discount codes for your items. I have a vast range of items from 5g to 10kg and a few cm's to a metre+, so it is difficult for me to do this, though I am trying to sort out how I can sort things out. All these things if utilised properly will make it easier for your buyers to check out quickly and easily and save you having to do them.

Thread Information