Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Favourite Foreign / World Music Track?

Forum Newbie
    All-About geolab
    View geolab's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Favourite Foreign / World Music Track?

In my teens, my favourite purchased albums were Deep Purple, The Velvet Underground, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin and especially ELP. I played the guitar and liked acoustic finger-picking, so I also bought contemporary guitar albums of the time, such as Bert Jansch and Ralph Mctell. Later I learned the Bluegrass Banjo and collected many LPs of Bluegrass heroes.

My older brother loved and collected Trad Jazz 78s and I grew to love it too. I went to see lots of heavy / progressive rock concerts including those listed above but also Santana and Roxy music were very memorable.

I lived in Spain for four years form 2002 to 2006 and discovered some good music which not many in the UK ever heard, a shame really. I will put up my favourites on here, which will include some of their pop tunes, but first I will start with something that I have come to love passionately, it is Spanish Flamenco / Folk style by Diana Navarro, give it a chance and listen to the voice control, it brings tears to my eyes.

Have you got a favourite foreign language track?

Last edited by geolab; 20th December 2012 at 03:35 PM.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Favourite Foreign / World Music Track?

Hi and welcome to the eBid forums.

I don't really have a favorite foreign music track, but I'm a huge fan of all types/styles of jazz and classic rock. I also love flamenco guitar music.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Default Re: Favourite Foreign / World Music Track?

Wow what a fantastic voice she has geolab, I was completely spellbound, thanks for posting that.

A bit more on the pop side but I really like Kaoma's version of 'The Lambarda'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8mz9uOvFQA

and I know I'm cheating here as it is not totally foreign but I could listen to Youssou N'Dour & Nenah Cherry singing '7 seconds' all day long !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNIRCNbGjjc

Thread Information