eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Brother is REALLY watching now - This stuff tracks your social network postings

Exclamation Big Brother is REALLY watching now - This stuff tracks your social network postings

You know that every time you go online you leave your tracks in the cyber world, but normally you just don't care about that. This may be because you are so sure you are innocent of everything you can't see how or why anyone would want to keep an eye on you. Or it may be because you think it would be so difficult for people to piece together the information and tracks you leave that nobody would bother doing so. Well, if that last reason describes you, then think again.

Software has been created by a US defence contractor that can very quickly sweep multiple social networks - and other sites - and gather together available data on target individuals. This data can is analysed for behaviour patterns and can even be used to predict your physical location at some time in the future. At the moment this software is unregulated, so anyone who has access to it could have access to your details, routine and location.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...-media-defence

Maybe it is time to rethink your security settings on every site you use and start removing things you wouldn't want shared with just anyone?

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Big Brother is REALLY watching now - This stuff tracks your social network postin

My general rule of thumb is "If you don't want the entire world to see it don't post it"!

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Big Brother is REALLY watching now - This stuff tracks your social network postin

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    My general rule of thumb is "If you don't want the entire world to see it don't post it"!
    BIG A-men to that!

Damian, thanks for the heads up.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

Right then. I am going to start doing some really wierd stuff to confuse anyone looking in on me........I will start by listing a load of things on ebid that won't sell, then I will.........oh.

Quote Originally Posted by kazeran View Post
    Right then. I am going to start doing some really wierd stuff to confuse anyone looking in on me........I will start by listing a load of things on ebid that won't sell, then I will.........oh.
    LOL! know the feeling I must be confusing ‘THEM’ doing the same thing here too
    New items now in my stores
    Check them out, you never know!

Love FILM Store
    Curl up with a good movie
    Lots to choose from here!

BARGAIN BOX STORE

Anything & Everything!
    Grab yourself a Bargain!

... I'll hand that software out to all my potential customers then they can navigate that rats maze search engine and actually find something useful in the first 1 billion pages.
    I remember everything, even what happened tomorrow.

games4mac ~ DragonsRest ~ DragonsRest Lounge ~ Windfall

Meet my avatar: Qu the engineer and enchanter. Who else could invent the armour piercing rabbit (can dig holes through anything) and the duck gun (fires rubber ducks)?
    Join me on eBid here.

God bless eBid and all who sale in her!

I used to teach various computing units at a college, and while doing some research once I came across some of Google's future plans. Apparently they eventually aim to take the hassle out of you THINKING. So for example as soon as you typed 'holiday' into the search bar it will recommend you holidays that are within your price bracket and meet your criteria, simply off your previous web usage. No need to research or have your own ideas, it will all be done for you. And as soon as that starts happening Google will be getting blocked on my computer.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

I used to teach various computing units at a college, and while doing some research once I came across some of Google's future plans. Apparently they eventually aim to take the hassle out of you THINKING. So for example as you as soon as you typed 'holiday' into the search bar it will recommend you holidays that are within your price bracket and meet your criteria, simply off your previous web usage. No need to research or have your own ideas, it will all be done for you. And as soon as that starts happening Google will be getting blocked on my computer.
    And here too.

Well considering I have been updating the theatre company social networks with our coming show dates in April and September, I suppose the CIA can indeed predict where I will be on those dates. Good luck to them.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Announced on the news this morning. The US Government has instructed auto makers to install Black Boxes in every new vehicle leaving the assembly line. Bunch of crap!

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Announced on the news this morning. The US Government has instructed auto makers to install Black Boxes in every new vehicle leaving the assembly line. Bunch of crap!
    We should just go back to horse and buggy - a bit more private. Except the horses would either be microchipped or microwaved.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Thread Information