Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Attracting More Buyers to eBid

Forum Newbie
    View retr85wih's Feedback (+269)
    All-About retr85wih
    View retr85wih's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking Attracting More Buyers to eBid

eBid may have more sellers than it does with buyers. But, I may be wrong. Is it possible to draw more buyers, even ones from eBay, to eBid?

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Attracting More Buyers to eBid

yes it is possible, but how ?

What do you suggest.

Many ebid sellers have been on here for years trying to do just that.

If ebid could do it, the owners would be millionaires. (and need about 10,000 more staff.)

Forum Newbie
    View christyc9's Feedback (+290)
    All-About christyc9
    View christyc9's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would like to know how too...

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by retr85wih View Post
    ...Is it possible to draw more buyers, even ones from eBay, to eBid?
    Yes.It's down to the individual seller to persuade them to come here though.What incentive are you giving them to buy from you here instead of elsewhere?Imagine yourself as an old time street trader where you have to attract people to your stall.Your biggest rival is four stalls away & he's got crowds all round him.First of all you've got to make people aware that you're there,start shouting out.Make them look at you.Okay,you've got their attention,now call them over to your stall.Show them your products are better/cheaper,that you offer better after sales service.Anything to make them stay & then,hopefully buy.Shout louder than your rival!
    Be a squeaky wheel,that's the one that gets the oil!

Like bluebedouin says, it is down to you. The main thing is listing well, mainly with the use of strong keywords, that is the equivalent of shouting on the market stall, it will get you seen more. But that is only part of it. You then need to be offering a little more, if you are selling the same item at the same price as somebody else then why should they buy from you? In most cases people have heard of eBay but not eBid. And rightly or wrongly they will trust eBay more. I have always recommended selling at least 5% lower when selling on eBid in order to give buyers an incentive to use it. That still leaves the seller at least 3% better off.

Every buyer you can attract to eBid and provide with a good item, service, delivery, the whole package becomes another buyer who knows of eBid and is likely to use it again. Every buyer who looks at your listings, even without buying becomes a little more aware of eBid and a little more likely to trust it. This is a slow process, but day by day this is happening, and day by day the buyer base is increasing.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    Yes.It's down to the individual seller to persuade them to come here though.What incentive are you giving them to buy from you here instead of elsewhere?Imagine yourself as an old time street trader where you have to attract people to your stall.Your biggest rival is four stalls away & he's got crowds all round him.First of all you've got to make people aware that you're there,start shouting out.Make them look at you.Okay,you've got their attention,now call them over to your stall.Show them your products are better/cheaper,that you offer better after sales service.Anything to make them stay & then,hopefully buy.Shout louder than your rival!
    Be a
    squeaky wheel,that's the one that gets the oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    Like bluebedouin says, it is down to you. The main thing is listing well, mainly with the use of strong keywords, that is the equivalent of shouting on the market stall, it will get you seen more. But that is only part of it. You then need to be offering a little more, if you are selling the same item at the same price as somebody else then why should they buy from you? In most cases people have heard of eBay but not eBid. And rightly or wrongly they will trust eBay more. I have always recommended selling at least 5% lower when selling on eBid in order to give buyers an incentive to use it. That still leaves the seller at least 3% better off.

Every buyer you can attract to eBid and provide with a good item, service, delivery, the whole package
    becomes another buyer who knows of eBid and is likely to use it again. Every buyer who looks at your listings, even without buying becomes a little more aware of eBid and a little more likely to trust it. This is a slow process, but day by day this is happening, and day by day the buyer base is increasing.
    Agree with both of these well thought out posts.

More Private Sellers will attract buyers! Watch soon...more will probably come flooding in over the next few weeks due to the fee changes on ebay, everyone is in uproar at the moment. As a buyer on ebay, I look for something I can't get elsewhere,and like to get a good deal. If all the auction sites are just full up with business sellers,a lot of them selling the same thing, what is there to attract people other than the price?

Worcester, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
    View 3red123's Feedback (+83)
    All-About 3red123
    View 3red123's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LovesVintage43 View Post
    More Private Sellers will attract buyers! Watch soon...more will probably come flooding in over the next few weeks due to the fee changes on ebay, everyone is in uproar at the moment. As a buyer on ebay, I look for something I can't get elsewhere,and like to get a good deal. If all the auction sites are just full up with business sellers,a lot of them selling the same thing, what is there to attract people other than the price?
    Unfortunately, this is said every time ebay make changes that are detrimental to sellers (fairly frequently!), but I've been reading the forums over there since the news of FVF's on postage, and people are talking about closing their online businesses, or selling from their own website, or selling at a car boot sale. For some reason, ebid never seems to be an option for them - not sure why. I think it could be because a lot of people have tried other auction sites, with little success. BUT they don't stop to think that if a lot of them moved over here, and informed all their previous buyers that they now sold on ebid, not only would they make sales but they would increase the virtual footfall for everyone here.

It's frustrating.
    Angie

My eBid stores:

Books Books Books
    http://books-books-books.ebid.net/

Beautiful and unique jewellery from around the world:
    http://incredible-zen-jewellery.ebid.net/

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3red123 View Post
    Unfortunately, this is said every time ebay make changes that are detrimental to sellers (fairly frequently!), but I've been reading the forums over there since the news of FVF's on postage, and people are talking about closing their online businesses, or selling from their own website, or selling at a car boot sale. For some reason, ebid never seems to be an option for them - not sure why. I think it could be because a lot of people have tried other auction sites, with little success. BUT they don't stop to think that if a lot of them moved over here, and informed all their previous buyers that they now sold on ebid, not only would they make sales but they would increase the virtual footfall for everyone here.

It's frustrating.
    You are so right.
    If the thousands of sellers really wanted to leave ebay they would.
    They know how to find other sites.
    They stay with ebay because lots of sles are better than a few sales.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think that the upcoming changes from September are actually far reaching for many Ebay sellers, and their new move is a decent enough promotional tool for Ebid....certainly , it should and i dare say will encourage enough unhappy sellers to give this site a try out, but i hope that they will take Ebid with a long term view and get to know the moist effective listing practices before deciding to throw in the towel.
    Many sellers who may try Ebid out will i'm in doubt be the seller who sells collectibles and general clutter clearer's who lets face it are now no longer welcome on Ebay due to the hard to satisfy dsr system and the impending substantial fee hike.

In fact while looking over the Ebay forums one respected poster noted that perhaps Ebay had decided to add the postage element of all transactions to the final value fee as postage costs now represent the only area for future growth, while this may have stated jokingly i think that there was more than a small degree of truth in the statement.

Thread Information