Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Attracting More Buyers to eBid

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Attracting More Buyers to eBid

Quote Originally Posted by LovesVintage43 View Post
    Yes, this is the main reason given for the new fee. It probably would have been easier to set maximum postage amounts though...:-)
    But that would not have made eBay any more money. All changes are lauded by eBay as being for the benefit of the users. Any implication that they are for the benefit of eBay is despicable.

As you say, flagging up those listings where the shipping is more than the item cost would be easy. Those sellers could then be asked to justify their shipping costs. If they can't... then sanction them.

All auction sites look for any ways to make money, just like eBid setting a mininum price you have to be set at or they don't upload your listing to google Shopping therefore forcing sellers to raise the prices to get Google Shopping exposure. There will never be an auction site that is perfect & make everyone happy. We just have to go with what works for us & make the best of it.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    All auction sites look for any ways to make money, just like eBid setting a mininum price you have to be set at or they don't upload your listing to google Shopping therefore forcing sellers to raise the prices to get Google Shopping exposure. There will never be an auction site that is perfect & make everyone happy. We just have to go with what works for us & make the best of it.
    Maybe, but I would rather they were honest about it and not try to convince me that being continually jabbed with a pointed stick was for my own good.

Not that eBay's shenanigans affect me as I ditched them for selling years ago.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3red123 View Post
    Unfortunately, looking long term doesn't put food on the table today and tomorrow. Even the ebay sellers who are moaning about making less money on their sales are still making money from ebay. If you tell them to put loads of items on ebid, spend hours every week pushing people towards your sales and then expect a trickle of sales for the next six months until they build up an audience of buyers again, and most will be put off - if they use their ebay money for more than just pocket money (and let's face it, that's who we need to attract : the big sellers and not the people who are selling the bits and pieces they no longer want) most of them will not, CANNOT, afford to make the move.
    But....there has to come a point where the future has to be worked on and considered. For example if every Ebid user were to say that it is pointless selling here due to small or no sales then this site as well as other alternatives to Ebay will surely fail and ebay will be the only selling venue.
    When reading Ebay's forums many state how they wished there was an equivalent alternative site....yet they don't wish to make the effort to assist in building these other wished for venues.
    For the time being for those who need to sell regularly there is still no harm in using both Ebay and Ebid as selling platforms, why not add some other sites too?.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    I just want to say that eBid.net is Missing their chance of a lifetime to make this a real Public Online Auction Site.....
    it only takes the one missing element.. of making-showing bids to lookers in all sub-cats where applicable.
    Bids do NOT show on this site when scrolling the sub-catergories and it makes this site very Boring !!!!
    I know I am correct about this... time to take heads out of the sand... site will never have action and disappoint sellers till it
    acts like an auction site... thousands are looking for a new workable home.. that will give consistent sales with an at least 15% sell through.
    I tend to agree with you.
    Whilst auctions are tending to be less popular - they are STILL 30% of ebays sales. (that is a huge amount)
    Many auction sellers on ebay are not happy, if ebid did trying showing auction bids for say a six month trial, and then backed it up with some pr and with some forums posts by us members, it may help boost ebids sales.

None of the main alts do auctions so its a good opportunity for ebid.
    But Auctions need to show the BIDS.
    And after all it is EBID.

The code is already there.
    Last edited by Juliebabe25; 8th August 2013 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    None of the main alts do auctions so its a good opportunity for ebid.
    But Auctions need to show the BIDS.
    And after all it is EBID.

The code is already there.
    Absolutely agree!

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    But that would not have made eBay any more money. All changes are lauded by eBay as being for the benefit of the users. Any implication that they are for the benefit of eBay is despicable.

As you say, flagging up those listings where the shipping is more than the item cost would be easy. Those sellers could then be asked to justify their shipping costs. If they can't... then sanction them.
    Indeed. They have implied that the enemy was the seller listing something at 99p and charging more than cost price for postage, which a lot of other sellers seem to agree with as they see it as fee evasion. The problem is because private sellers don't get a discount on listing fees, by the time they have paid to list the item at the start price they would be happy with, charged zero for packaging materials and then paid ebay and paypal a percentage, they don't always end up with much...I suppose this was their way of safeguarding themselves so they could use the free 99p listings,and at least ensure they made a couple of quid if the item only sold at the starting price.Not to mention the hassle of having to refund,in which you have made a loss before relisting. I can see both sides here, but they are making a scapegoat of these people just to charge higher fees ,and others are falling for it. At the end of the day, I look at total price before bidding and don't agree to the charges only to complain about it afterwards especially if the total cost is still a bargain !

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Not sure i agree ....here is why. when looking at the Ebay sellers who have made a habit of loading the shipping costs to counteract a low headline price, and as a by product of this have avoided a fair slice of the final fee element, i don't think that this new move has been introduced to combat these types as the DSR system has weeded the biggest majority out....remember that it doesn't take many low scores (1 or 2's) to see a selling restricted indefinitely (forever), by now all of the worst offenders have now effectively seen themselves banned from selling.

My take on the soon to come changes is that Ebay do not see much in the way of short term growth in the UK ....in terms of actual sales, and are looking to avoid a straight increase in final value fees (again)....which would see increased incidents of postage gouging , which would be difficult top directly control,and have instead decided to cover all bases and include the shipping cost.
    Also don't forget that recently the UK saw an eyewatering increase in RM postal costs and Ebay see postage costs running away with inflation come privatisation of RM, this in turn will depress actual sale prices on the site while seeing the total transaction figure rise sharply for some time to come.
    Here they want to benefit from this.....like i state there is a distinct lack of the much hoped for growth that Ebay were hoping to achieve.

eBid should also update their ad to show that uploads to google shopping have a mininium price, the way it reads now could be considered misleading & not entirely honest.

Fancy zero selling fees for life?
    50% Off SELLER+ Lifetime August Offer
    $49.99*
    Free T-shirt * Zero Listing Fees * Zero Final Value Fees * 5 Free Photos * 5 Free eBid Stores * Uploads to Google Shopping * Import from eBay * Unlimited Listings * For Life. Click here to activate.
    *24hr offer. Usually $99.98.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    eBid should also update their ad to show that uploads to google shopping have a mininium price, the way it reads now could be considered misleading & not entirely honest.

Fancy zero selling fees for life?
    50% Off SELLER+ Lifetime August Offer
    $49.99*
    Free T-shirt * Zero Listing Fees * Zero Final Value Fees * 5 Free Photos * 5 Free eBid Stores * Uploads to Google Shopping * Import from eBay * Unlimited Listings * For Life. Click here to activate.
    *24hr offer. Usually $99.98.
    The minimum value is a trial. That particular value has ended, but not sure what the next value will be. It might even be that at the end of the day all listings will continue to be uploaded.

Thread Information