Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Attracting More Buyers to eBid

Default Re: Attracting More Buyers to eBid

I know kreative, but i am sure that there will be a set mininium once all the testing is done, I have nothing against eBay or eBid or Amazon, just getting tired of all the posts bashing one site over the other, each site is going to operate the way they want & if people don't like it they either need to stop complaining & move their business or adjust to the sites new rules & make the best of it. I still believe that no one should put all their eggs in one basket & should sell across multiple sites.

I don't bash or blame eBid for not having any sales here, each venue takes a different approach to sell & not everyone has the time needed to make every site work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    I know kreative, but i am sure that there will be a set mininium once all the testing is done, I have nothing against eBay or eBid or Amazon, just getting tired of all the posts bashing one site over the other, each site is going to operate the way they want & if people don't like it they either need to stop complaining & move their business or adjust to the sites new rules & make the best of it. I still believe that no one should put all their eggs in one basket & should sell across multiple sites.

I don't bash or blame eBid for not having any sales here, each venue takes a different approach to sell & not everyone has the time needed to make every site work for them.
    If people spent less time complaining and a little more doing something about it then it would be better all round, but the forums would be a heck of a lot quieter.

As for eBid having a minimum upload value to Google Shopping, I hope not. It will hardly affect me up to maybe £5, but I think it would be a bad move on the part of eBid for a couple of reasons:

Firstly the low value sellers are the most disgruntled on the other sites, so the most obvious targets for eBid.

Secondly the low value items are frequently multiple sales. I have heard frequently that coin, stamp, postcard and comic sellers have had sales of 5, 10, 20 and I think once about 70 items to a single seller. So a single click that eBid pays for might be for a low value item, but could lead to a significant sales revenue for the seller and FVF's for eBid.

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    If people spent less time complaining and a little more doing something about it then it would be better all round, but the forums would be a heck of a lot quieter.

As for eBid having a minimum upload value to Google Shopping, I hope not. It will hardly affect me up to maybe £5, but I think it would be a bad move on the part of eBid for a couple of reasons:

Firstly the low value sellers are the most disgruntled on the other sites, so the most obvious targets for eBid.

Secondly the low value items are frequently multiple sales. I have heard frequently that coin, stamp, postcard and comic sellers have had sales of 5, 10, 20 and I think once about 70 items to a single seller. So a single click that eBid pays for might be for a low value item, but could lead to a significant sales revenue for the seller and FVF's for eBid.
    I agree with you, I am going to try & list my high end items on the bay & my lower priced items here on eBid & see how that works for me.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't bash or blame eBid for not having any sales here, each venue takes a different approach to sell & not everyone has the time needed to make every site work for them.[/QUOTE]

Well…I think one of reason (big reason) why many complains about eBay is because: A little while ago many who complains this days in these time selling pretty much big numbers on eBay and make it some higher money for extra income and some of make it living from that sales….

And these sellers’s selling everything and anything and anything in that time can be sold pretty much quick…

And after ‘’all dust settle down’’ these items end up all around BUT guess what?
    NO more not even close these income or that kind of the money for exactly same items, doesn’t matter if many around has free listing, low FVF, accepting any payment as like….

And now I am wondering how many will exchange high traffic on any alternative sites rather to depend on Google…

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=kreativebargains;1548073]If people spent less time complaining and a little more doing something about it then it would be better all round, but the forums would be a heck of a lot quieter.

Well...’’kreative’s’’ as I say many times before I move myself and in about 2 years time from 50 listed items I reach more of 12,000 , listing every day, I post 1 thread and list 10 or 20 new items a day minimum and many follow me BUT with listing 1 items and 10 -20 threads a day minimum…

And here we go after all….we are now with total listing numbers like we have 2 years ago…
    And 2 years is pretty much enough time (730) days…instead to jump on 20-30 millions we have pretty much good numbers of posting threads…

At least I try and try hard…and I don’t look if I am sold something or nothing I keep listing ever 24 hours not skipping one day in that time….

I promote my items every 24 hours on eBid threads which is pretty much better because is ‘’tied’’ with eBid web page…I post my promote and is top BUT only couple min. after that comes ‘’usual’’ stuff threads what someone drink, eat, cook, where is been…weather…news…and so and so on…and only after hour or two daily my thread is buried far away from buyers eyes…

But I keep listing and after more of 2 years I say enough is enough…12,000 items for sale in here vs 12,000 news, weather, drink and so on can’t work anymore for me….

And now I am ‘’practical person’’ you can ask me anything from ‘’social’’ stuff, news, weather I will know because I learn that in here….

P.S. And by the way ‘’kreative’s’’ how is weather in your place..?
    In here in Nashville in the last 5 days every day we have some rain about 7-8 inch. on average in total…

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    Not sure i agree ....here is why. when looking at the Ebay sellers who have made a habit of loading the shipping costs to counteract a low headline price, and as a by product of this have avoided a fair slice of the final fee element, i don't think that this new move has been introduced to combat these types as the DSR system has weeded the biggest majority out....remember that it doesn't take many low scores (1 or 2's) to see a selling restricted indefinitely (forever), by now all of the worst offenders have now effectively seen themselves banned from selling.

My take on the soon to come changes is that Ebay do not see much in the way of short term growth in the UK ....in terms of actual sales, and are looking to avoid a straight increase in final value fees (again)....which would see increased incidents of postage gouging , which would be difficult top directly control,and have instead decided to cover all bases and include the shipping cost.
    Also don't forget that recently the UK saw an eyewatering increase in RM postal costs and Ebay see postage costs running away with inflation come privatisation of RM, this in turn will depress actual sale prices on the site while seeing the total transaction figure rise sharply for some time to come.
    Here they want to benefit from this.....like i state there is a distinct lack of the much hoped for growth that Ebay were hoping to achieve.
    Yes, you have hit the nail on the head exactly . Many can see it for what it is, although there are still comments on the forums blaming the "postal gougers" as that is what they have been told. Still, as others have said above- you just have to adapt to the changes or move on rather than just complain and do nothing. Many people want it all easy and can't be bothered to do their research. The reason I have come here is because I realise that some of my items will no longer be viable on ebay...as mentioned above, I will also try listing some smaller items on here and some higher priced ones on ebay when they have a free listing weekend and see how that goes. Onwards and upwards,lol :-)

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

While there are too many posters over on Ebay's forums pointing the finger of blame towards the postage gougers,....what we need to realise is that these particular individuals are therefore ill informed.
    What is referred to as postage gouging over there and is a term that you will not hear elsewhere, is very tightly controlled by the draconian DSR system, lets not forget that the question that is asked is "How reasonable was the charge". Buyers are legendary insofar as they appear to believe that any charge made for postage is unreasonable and all sellers who charge a visible cost are seeing their DSR score drop in this respect.

I reached a stage where i realised that the only trouble free way to sell over there is to offer what is laughingly called "free postage"....this guarantees an auto rating of 5 stars and also guarantees that i will see very few multiple sales within the same transaction as it no easy task to create a multi buy shipping discount.
    There are other negatives also, but they are less relevant.....right at this moment i like Ebid over Ebay, sure enough i'd like some more sales each week, but if the long term is important then this site has to be worth the effort.

Forum Newbie
    View peddler's Feedback (+1237)
    All-About peddler
    View peddler's Listings
    Forum Posts

I joined a few years ago and had some ebay feedback migrated. I have some sales, a bit slow, There are quite a few sellers from ebay moving over but is buyers that are needed t get a good balance, I still sell on ebay

Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
    View booja41's Feedback (+134)
    All-About booja41
    View booja41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    But....there has to come a point where the future has to be worked on and considered. For example if every Ebid user were to say that it is pointless selling here due to small or no sales then this site as well as other alternatives to Ebay will surely fail and ebay will be the only selling venue.
    When reading Ebay's forums many state how they wished there was an equivalent alternative site....yet they don't wish to make the effort to assist in building these other wished for venues.
    For the time being for those who need to sell regularly there is still no harm in using both Ebay and Ebid as selling platforms, why not add some other sites too?.
    I've been there. I understand that slow or no sales is a issue for many, but here I am a seller AND a buyer. And I try to support eBid every chance I get but the things I'm looking for just is not here. But guess where I can find them.... I hate having to buy from the other site because I know the sellers are getting ripped off by that site. I've been harping about more listings here for a while now. I've added so many to my favorites just to find out that there are 0 listings from them. What's up? I'm here to pull for eBid and I'm sticking to it. I don't just want to sell... I want to BUY!

http://us.ebid.net/items/booja41
    http://myoh-mix.ebid.net/
    http://from-home.ebid.net/

Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
    View booja41's Feedback (+134)
    All-About booja41
    View booja41's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just randomly checked out 3 of us who have recently had something to say in the forums. Shocking! All 3 had 0 listings.....????

iwiw60, Thank you for having so much for me to shop from.
    I do visit your listings often! ☺
    Last edited by booja41; 10th August 2013 at 03:28 AM.

Thread Information