Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Attracting More Buyers to eBid

Default Re: Attracting More Buyers to eBid

Hey, no fair !! I've only just joined this week, lol .Seriously, I will be putting some listings up soon...the stuff I have to sell is on the other site at the moment due to a listing offer I just couldn't pass up.
    I run a facebook group that has 84 members (not a huge amount I know) but I made a post this week telling them about ebid as an alternative and I always keep them updated when I have auctions . I will also make some status updates on my facebook profile spreading the word to my friends- I have over 300 people on my list and they are in diffrerent countries , so I will promise to do my bit to help promote this site :-)

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    While there are too many posters over on Ebay's forums pointing the finger of blame towards the postage gougers,....what we need to realise is that these particular individuals are therefore ill informed.
    What is referred to as postage gouging over there and is a term that you will not hear elsewhere, is very tightly controlled by the draconian DSR system, lets not forget that the question that is asked is "How reasonable was the charge". Buyers are legendary insofar as they appear to believe that any charge made for postage is unreasonable and all sellers who charge a visible cost are seeing their DSR score drop in this respect.

I reached a stage where i realised that the only trouble free way to sell over there is to offer what is laughingly called "free postage"....this guarantees an auto rating of 5 stars and also guarantees that i will see very few multiple sales within the same transaction as it no easy task to create a multi buy shipping discount.
    There are other negatives also, but they are less relevant.....right at this moment i like Ebid over Ebay, sure enough i'd like some more sales each week, but if the long term is important then this site has to be worth the effort.
    Yes, you are right- the star ratings system can leave you with low ratings even if you have not charged anything for packaging, and a couple of those can lower your ratings enough to get your account suspended. I tend to manage ok on this score as a private seller who doesn't sell at high volume I can use recycled packaging from items I have bought, but I feel sorry for the businesses who have to pay for boxes and packing beans - surely the buyer doesn't want their stuff damaged...it's a bit of a no win situation. Obviously this "free" postage thing is absurd,because it is not free at all -the buyer is paying for it,and so is the seller in fees ! They have been wanting to move sellers over to offering free postage and I suppose now, there is no reason to keep postage separate unless you want to list at 99p or they are having a free listings weekend.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LovesVintage43 View Post
    Hey, no fair !! I've only just joined this week, lol .Seriously, I will be putting some listings up soon...the stuff I have to sell is on the other site at the moment due to a listing offer I just couldn't pass up.
    I run a facebook group that has 84 members (not a huge amount I know) but I made a post this week telling them about ebid as an alternative and I always keep them updated when I have auctions . I will also make some status updates on my facebook profile spreading the word to my friends- I have over 300 people on my list and they are in diffrerent countries , so I will promise to do my bit to help promote this site :-)
    Now then....you know this stuff that you are selling on the other site?.....i presume this other site is Ebay?, and you've sensibly taken advantage of their free listing weekend (i haven't, incidentally).

Why then, not list some of it, or throw all caution to the wind and live dangerously by listing it on Ebid also?, lets not overlook the great deal that the platinum listing offers ....for a measly 5p, and for this tidy sum you'll enjoy the benefits that Google shopping can bring...."can" being the operative though. As any Google shopping success is very much in the hands of the person who creates the listing and if you have questions regarding this then you could do well to start a thread for this alone.

The most effective method that you can employ to promote Ebid is to get your listings seen in the outside world and to accomplish this you firstly need to create those listings.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well….I think we will be better if that ‘’5p’’ goes for listing fees….

In that way eBid can collect serious money every month and use some of that money to let know world for great auction site….

Individually in my opinion and in time to time if someone uses platinum listing will collect some money for eBid but far….far….away less how can collect listing fees…

And in other way like I see and I am in here more of 4 years people talk in similar way, promotion this or that…individually is very hard in these days where on Google exist ‘’trillions bunch of stuff ‘’ for sale and keep searching in that way is gong to took ‘’ages’’…better way is : ONE name, EVERYONE knows…and for example after person goes on the Net and goes for personal shopping will go straight on eBid, because eBid.net is the only one name…

Google or other search engines has ‘’trillions’’ items beginning from first page for search and like I say is going to took ages to find something or best deal…

In my opinion only listing fees or big investors can put the business on the top, and by the way even Facebook can’t go trough for USA and rest of the world without investors…

In the end we have pretty much members who try to go trough all alone but in same way in the net has ‘’trillions’’ similar peoples who has own personal stores and try alone but on average anyone can see how is go….

But if particular company in similar business put own name on the top that will be ‘’whole new ball game’’…
    Because again person will go straight on that name buy cheaper or best deal item in a minute and move on with own life rather to spend zillions personal hours to search around zillion pages…

And to put own name on the top in my opinion only ‘’two’’ ways can do that…
    Anyone can see who is the top of 100 worldwide selling sites and each one is not know before some of time in the past, but each one use these ‘’two’’ business options and here we go…

If this not true and if don’t work all this sites will be NOT half empty will be pretty much empty without much customers who selling or only buying…and IF customers is not happy sellers or buyers NEW customers will not come and that mean new items, new sellers , new buyers…

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    Well….I think we will be better if that ‘’5p’’ goes for listing fees….
    I am reading this correctly ?

A man with Zero Listings is suggesting that sellers should pay a fee of 5p per listing.

Or have I misunderstood the statement.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

I would be against a listing fee. And what about the sellers with items at say £1 (or less). Even if they are making a 50% profit after fees then with one relist it is down to 45%, if it fails to sell for 10 they are selling at a loss.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

No improvement here and I have zero faith that this site will become an auction site.. it just never will unless it allows lookers who scroll the sub-categories to easily see bids... with the exact-correct lay out.
    Yakaty yak here leads nowhere look at the last 5 Years here... hundreds of improvements, yet no Bids are allowed to show to scrollers-lookers.. very sad here.Fixin this 'n that does not and will not promote consistent sales here.
    Site needs to get respect from lookers, buyers, sellers, before it can gain auction respect anywhere.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    I am reading this correctly ?

A man with Zero Listings is suggesting that sellers should pay a fee of 5p per listing.

Or have I misunderstood the statement.
    It is never easy to understand this poster. I have read the last posting more than once and still I don't think I can understand what is being said.
    If he is advocating 5p listing fees across the board, I am against this.

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    Now then....you know this stuff that you are selling on the other site?.....i presume this other site is Ebay?, and you've sensibly taken advantage of their free listing weekend (i haven't, incidentally).

Why then, not list some of it, or throw all caution to the wind and live dangerously by listing it on Ebid also?, lets not overlook the great deal that the platinum listing offers ....for a measly 5p, and for this tidy sum you'll enjoy the benefits that Google shopping can bring...."can" being the operative though. As any Google shopping success is very much in the hands of the person who creates the listing and if you have questions regarding this then you could do well to start a thread for this alone.

The most effective method that you can employ to promote Ebid is to get your listings seen in the outside world and to accomplish this you firstly need to create those listings.
    Ooh, you are a hard taskmaster,lol ! I've been spending the last few days trawling the site and the forums researching so I can get it right, as I like to be well informed and prepared ! I do get your point- but I will not list simultaneously. I will have a sort out today and find some things to list here over the next couple of days and anything that fails to sell on Ebay (It's only a 7 day listing) I will transfer over to here. I'm not sure the Google thing will work for all my listings as some items will be second hand, but I will try my best and seek you good people out if I am having any problems :-) x

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    I would be against a listing fee. And what about the sellers with items at say £1 (or less). Even if they are making a 50% profit after fees then with one relist it is down to 45%, if it fails to sell for 10 they are selling at a loss.
    I have to agree on this point- listing fees will be the start of a very slippery slope !

Thread Information