Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Attracting More Buyers to eBid

Quote Originally Posted by LovesVintage43 View Post
    Ooh, you are a hard taskmaster,lol ! I've been spending the last few days trawling the site and the forums researching so I can get it right, as I like to be well informed and prepared ! I do get your point- but I will not list simultaneously. I will have a sort out today and find some things to list here over the next couple of days and anything that fails to sell on Ebay (It's only a 7 day listing) I will transfer over to here. I'm not sure the Google thing will work for all my listings as some items will be second hand, but I will try my best and seek you good people out if I am having any problems :-) x
    Here is where things begin to go down hill.....here is what i mean, you won't list simultaneously, so this means that the net that you'll cast is narrower than it could be.
    You'll have a sort out today and find things to list here?....would these be the things that you originally thought weren't fit for ebay?
    Also....anything that fails to sell on Ebay will also be a likely candidate for Ebid?, so, you'll expect them to sell here then? Whether Google works or not has little to do whether the items are second hand.

Too many people have come to Ebid and listed the items that have failed to sell on Ebay and then stated that there are no buyers over here, and continue to list their best items on Ebay and leave the substandard and hard to sell stuff here.
    I have listed across both sites at the same time, this way you can benefit from the best exposure.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    Here is where things begin to go down hill.....here is what i mean, you won't list simultaneously, so this means that the net that you'll cast is narrower than it could be.
    You'll have a sort out today and find things to list here?....would these be the things that you originally thought weren't fit for ebay?
    Also....anything that fails to sell on Ebay will also be a likely candidate for Ebid?, so, you'll expect them to sell here then? Whether Google works or not has little to do whether the items are second hand.

Too many people have come to Ebid and listed the items that have failed to sell on Ebay and then stated that there are no buyers over here, and continue to list their best items on Ebay and leave the substandard and hard to sell stuff here.
    I have listed across both sites at the same time, this way you can benefit from the best exposure.
    Better still, list everything here. If you must list on both sites, list items which do not sell here on Ebay.

Hey, hang on a minute peeps...I don't think you're being very fair. I had only heard of this site incredibly recently and I only joined up 6 days ago. I am not a business, I am a person who is selling things because I need the money so I have to do what is best for me and I am perfectly entitled to take a little time to look around and do my research to see what kinds of things I can sell here. I will not list on both sites due to the fact that it is against the rules- that is my choice as I will not put my Ebay account into jeopardy. I already had listings set up and ready to go on Ebay and went ahead with this as it was free this weekend for listings £1 and over and my items are more likely to sell quicker on Ebay than here- that's a fact. I don't sell "substandard" items and to be honest, I'm a little cheesed off at the insinuation. The things I was sorting out to sell are not things that are "not fit for ebay" but things I have been planning to sell anyway and just hadn't got round to unpacking and photographing as I had been on holiday ! Anything not fit for SELLING wherever, gets donated to charity,recycled or thrown in the bin.
    I'm really dumfounded by these comments as I don't feel that critisizing and ordering a new member around in a way that they feel the need to justify themselves to complete strangers is very constructive when all I am seeing on the forum is people wondering how to get more people to ebid.

Hey, hang on a minute peeps...I don't think you're being very fair. I had only heard of this site incredibly recently and I only joined up 6 days ago. I am not a business, I am a person who is selling things because I need the money so I have to do what is best for me and I am perfectly entitled to take a little time to look around and do my research to see what kinds of things I can sell here. I will not list on both sites due to the fact that it is against the rules- that is my choice as I will not put my Ebay account into jeopardy. I already had listings set up and ready to go on Ebay and went ahead with this as it was free this weekend for listings £1 and over and my items are more likely to sell quicker on Ebay than here- that's a fact. I don't sell "substandard" items and to be honest, I'm a little cheesed off at the insinuation. The things I was sorting out to sell are not things that are "not fit for ebay" but things I have been planning to sell anyway and just hadn't got round to unpacking and photographing as I had been on holiday ! Anything not fit for SELLING wherever, gets donated to charity,recycled or thrown in the bin.
    I'm really dumfounded by these comments as I don't feel that critisizing and ordering a new member around in a way that they feel the need to justify themselves to complete strangers is very constructive when all I am seeing on the forum is people wondering how to get more people to ebid.
    You go girl! Well said! In fairness to the group ... there is some history that drives these comments, but when it comes down to it they will help in anyway they can. We all want eBid to succeed.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    I am reading this correctly ?

A man with Zero Listings is suggesting that sellers should pay a fee of 5p per listing.

Or have I misunderstood the statement.

It’s my opinion but that much charges is a lot I think a little less would be better and it will work and look at all other sites who has similar charges or investors put money on it what happened in the past couple years: more peoples come, more peoples know, more items comes…

Did people leave: yes….but did new peoples come in greater numbers with greater numbers of items yes….

Before that not much people know for these sites: yes…
    After that much more peoples know and more items comes: yes

And if this not trues all this sites will be empty by now and out of the business…
    I mean I can go on and on and on….

But anyway I just saying only my pinion from which I think it will work, others can say own opinion too no problem by me and I not ordering nothing just saying my opinion …

P.S. ‘’MPS16’’ Thanks for your reply, and if you’re remember before where I have over 12,000 listing in here and peoples who has 0 listing comments a lot day by day for various things and for my listing and selling too and I don’t see you in that time you reply for those guys in similar way….
    Again thanks for your reply….I wish you good luck….....

P.S. And anyway more suitable charges will we around $0.01-$0.02 per item , 5p is too much…and I know this never will happened but is just my opinion and from that nobody should be scare or worry…
    Different opinion is good and healthy conversation is good too…

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    ....P.S. ‘’MPS16’’ Thanks for your reply, and if you’re remember before where I have over 12,000 listing in here and peoples who has 0 listing comments a lot day by day for various things and for my listing and selling too and I don’t see you in that time you reply for those guys in similar way….
    Again thanks for your reply….I wish you good luck….....

P.S. And anyway more suitable charges will we around $0.01-$0.02 per item , 5p is too much....
    Would you have paid $120.00 0r $240.00 just to list your 12000 items.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Very well put LovesVintage43, I highly suggest you take your time & do what works for you because you are the only one who will be affected if you don't make the money you need.
    I would also suggest as you do list items here & sell other items on the bay, I would put a flyer in the packages that you sell on the bay & let them know you have a store on eBid as well.

Also even if you do sell here, I would keep your eBay acct. as well, because it is best not to put all your eggs into one basket.

Hope the best for you here on eBid & eBay
    Last edited by HaleysComics; 11th August 2013 at 07:02 PM.

LovesVintage43:

As some have said, do what is best for you. Some of the other advice relates to how to be a success on eBid, and trust me it works, but if you are only looking to get a bit of extra money through selling a few things then I would sell what you can where you can. One thing about listing here is that even if you go for the Platinum listing you could list for 12-15 days with 10 Auto Reposts. That would give you 132-165 worth of listing for just £0.05, a bargain. But also take advantage of free listing days on eBay.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    I would be against a listing fee. And what about the sellers with items at say £1 (or less). Even if they are making a 50% profit after fees then with one relist it is down to 45%, if it fails to sell for 10 they are selling at a loss.
    Even at the $1 you mention a seller still loses unless of course the sellers time isn't accounted for. There is taking pictures, creating a listing and of course sending an invoice packing, labeling and posting. I can't understand why sellers bother listing at $1, fees or not sellers aren't making money at $1.00 doesn't matter what the item initially cost $1.00 for the trouble isn't worth the effort. Then again to gain sales/feedback maybe it is.
    Also as a hobby listing items at $1.00 is probably quite satisfying for some I just don't understand the point nor how wonderful it is. Now it is true listing my items here on eBid would be a disaster on ebay if they didn't sell after 20 @ 10 day auto reposts. It would have cost me a small fortune to keep relisting but I'm not convinced I would of had to relist for 300 days before they sold. I'm not sure at the present time what it would have cost me there to sell an item at my current Buy It Now pricing but it would have cost me something. I try to imagine what is better for me. Listing for free with millions of free listing items or go back and pay the price to be included in the New Chinese mall/Amazon wanna be auction site.
    Why is ebay trying to rid it's site of small sellers? Why do we always hope when ebay changes/adds fees or removes sellers for low DSRs that they come here? If a seller can cover fees when they list an item for sale and it sells then why the big issue about the fees? I'm really starting to believe ebid is pegged for the sellers who wish to Park their items and if they sell they sell. After this length of time eBid has been around why aren't sellers and buyers flocking here? Why are there so many sellers who come and go? Why shouldn't eBid be a major search engine when folks want to buy?
    Yes I have heard stick with it, promote, send flyers and basically BEG buyers to come and I have done that for the 2 sales I have had here other than YDC.
    eBid US has had only 4 Zildjian cymbals listed in the last 300 days and all 4 are mine (2 repaired and 2 not repaired) prices are low, Google exposure is intact (however ebays and Amazon's listings usually show up first unless I type in the exact listing title of my auctions). I recieve tons of views yet have yet to sell a cymbal through methods advised. I just find this very strange.
    The only part of ebay keeping me from going back is the new agreement about allowing ebay to refund buyers purchase price with shipping without my approval. That is the most ridiculous agreement I have ever heard of. And with that agreement where are the sellers? Where are they going?

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post

P.S. ‘’MPS16’’ Thanks for your reply.......................................

P.S. And anyway more suitable charges will we around $0.01-$0.02 per item , 5p is too much…and I know this never will happened but is just my opinion and from that nobody should be scare or worry…
    Different opinion is good and healthy conversation is good too…
    As a Life time member, I would probably be agreeable to pay a $0.01 to $0.02 listing fee per listng with max ceiling fee. As an increase to the fvf would not be sufficient. These fees should be restricted to advertising or marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    Would you have paid $120.00 0r $240.00 just to list your 12000 items.
    Neither one of those fees would be fair to sellers, who are already struggling to make adequate revenue from sales here. I had suggested that a max ceiling to those fees be initiated to protect larger listers. So for example: A seller lists 500 listings @ $0.01 each = $5.00 max listing fee; listings above this number @ zero cost.

So max listing fee could be minimized to $5; for 3-4 month period (via relist system) for each listing. Multiplied across all agreeing life time members, and the balance of other membership types. This small fee would not crush the average user, and could also collectively generate a relatively healthy marketing account. It would also encourage large listers to continue listing in high volume.

This was only a suggestion, as eBid will make the final decision in the end.

Thread Information