Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Attracting More Buyers to eBid

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Attracting More Buyers to eBid

Quote Originally Posted by LovesVintage43 View Post
    Thank you for your advice- that is just what I am, someone who sells their own things for a bit of extra money,I do not do this for a living. Thanks for your understanding & support hurryb4itsgone and kreativebargains, sorry if I threw my toys out of the pram earlier, but I felt I was being unfairly critisized .I do understand that some sellers who have been on here awhile probably get frustrated sometimes, but they were all newbies once and I do appreciate all the advice I have been given. Anyway,I am no longer an ebid virgin :-) yay! I have put my first 8 auctions on today to see how they go. As I said, anything that doesn't go on ebay this week for whatever reason will be transferred here- I have 20 current listings on there with 2 sold already and watchers on 3 of the others,mostly fragrance,home fragrance and clothing. I have posted links on my facebook group to ebid and will make sure I promote this site wherever possible- good idea about putting a note in with my ebay deliveries, I will do this.
    a good positive post from your self there ! what i dont think has been said to your good self is give your self time to get established and be known for what you sell, MR K is a good seller more importantly a healthly number of listings with regular sales unlike some of the posters on this thread with no listings or very few either way there activity on the site is 0 and has been for years

its not really that important were you sell its what you sell that makes a sale coupled with your good self / all newbies, time to establish with a diversity of goods if you can

i wish you good luck selling/buying here
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    Would you have paid $120.00 0r $240.00 just to list your 12000 items.

O yea but it will not be THE SAME ITEMS and if ever eBid try to charge listing fees around that amount ($0.01-$0.02) per item I will jump first again with way of different items and no more ‘’usual’’ stuff what we have in here a most…
    That way (listing fees) will change forever things:
    The seller’s will pay ‘’attention’’ daily for own items…
    The seller’s will carefully consider what to list for sale (We always say in here quality is better from quantity…so….)
    The site will have money for advertising…
    The site in while can launch own payment system….
    The site in the future can launch all features pretty much fast (and that software cost money) and from that features will benefit both categories of customers…
    I mean can do bunch of various stuff….

P.S. Long time ago similar fees I pay on other site and I not go broke, and peoples who selling in that time not broke too, because the site in same time advertising own site and from that brings bunch of the peoples on the site ….

Again only my opinion and I know fees in here of that kind will not be implemented…
    Most of peoples are happy with that, so be it, no problem opinion is just a opinion…

I try before and list more and more and more and….Oh well...I just can’t chase peoples on the net 24 hours a day…no time…because I still working…
    And you can see my reply comes ‘’only’’ couple hours after you asking,

Thanks for your reply ‘’MPS16’’…....

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    O yea but ......
    Is that a yes, or a no ?
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

Is that a yes, or a no ?
    yes or no

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

O yea but it will not be THE SAME ITEMS and if ever eBid try to charge listing fees around that amount ($0.01-$0.02) per item I will jump first again with way of different items and no more ‘’usual’’ stuff what we have in here a most…
    That way (listing fees) will change forever things:
    The seller’s will pay ‘’attention’’ daily for own items…
    The seller’s will carefully consider what to list for sale (We always say in here quality is better from quantity…so….)
    The site will have money for advertising…
    The site in while can launch own payment system….
    The site in the future can launch all features pretty much fast (and that software cost money) and from that features will benefit both categories of customers…
    I mean can do bunch of various stuff….

P.S. Long time ago similar fees I pay on other site and I not go broke, and peoples who selling in that time not broke too, because the site in same time advertising own site and from that brings bunch of the peoples on the site ….

Again only my opinion and I know fees in here of that kind will not be implemented…
    Most of peoples are happy with that, so be it, no problem opinion is just a opinion…

I try before and list more and more and more and….Oh well...I just can’t chase peoples on the net 24 hours a day…no time…because I still working…
    And you can see my reply comes ‘’only’’ couple hours after you asking,

Thanks for your reply ‘’MPS16’’…....

i sure your sugestion will go down well with stamp sellers were some stamps only sell for a couple of pence excellent way to loose listings on ebid
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Quote Originally Posted by LovesVintage43 View Post
    Hey, hang on a minute peeps...I don't think you're being very fair. I had only heard of this site incredibly recently and I only joined up 6 days ago. I am not a business, I am a person who is selling things because I need the money so I have to do what is best for me and I am perfectly entitled to take a little time to look around and do my research to see what kinds of things I can sell here. I will not list on both sites due to the fact that it is against the rules- that is my choice as I will not put my Ebay account into jeopardy. I already had listings set up and ready to go on Ebay and went ahead with this as it was free this weekend for listings £1 and over and my items are more likely to sell quicker on Ebay than here- that's a fact. I don't sell "substandard" items and to be honest, I'm a little cheesed off at the insinuation. The things I was sorting out to sell are not things that are "not fit for ebay" but things I have been planning to sell anyway and just hadn't got round to unpacking and photographing as I had been on holiday ! Anything not fit for SELLING wherever, gets donated to charity,recycled or thrown in the bin.
    I'm really dumfounded by these comments as I don't feel that critisizing and ordering a new member around in a way that they feel the need to justify themselves to complete strangers is very constructive when all I am seeing on the forum is people wondering how to get more people to ebid.
    Every forum has a few of them. Ignore them.

It sounds as though you will be listing the same kind of things I sell, so I guess I should be insulted too, but I left eBay a long time ago. Take your time, figure out the logistics, and don't be afraid to ask questions if you need help.

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    Every forum has a few of them. Ignore them.

It sounds as though you will be listing the same kind of things I sell, so I guess I should be insulted too, but I left eBay a long time ago. Take your time, figure out the logistics, and don't be afraid to ask questions if you need help.
    I know! What is it about forums, eh? Lol. Anyway, I sell anything and everything and nowhere near your scale ! I'm just a little fish :-)

Thank you sidthelamp for your well wishes too .

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Is that a yes, or a no ?
    Yes….I am always for it….

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    i sure your sugestion will go down well with stamp sellers were some stamps only sell for a couple of pence excellent way to loose listings on ebid
    Is just my opinion…..no big deal…..

And by the way read the post #59 and this is by now best reply on this thread from beginning….

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes….I am always for it….
    I would be for it also, if it resulted in more buyers finding their way here, and more sales as a result of that. It needs to be measureable.

Thread Information