Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Attracting More Buyers to eBid

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Attracting More Buyers to eBid

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    That would give you 132-165 worth of listing for just £0.05, a bargain.
    Surely that's 0.05 GBP every repost.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Platinum membership seems to carry all of the benefits of the Seller+ account (free of charge); which would probably include relists x 10 at no cost. The fee of 0.05p per listing appears to be the cost for all that benefit. That is alot of benefit for a small price tag.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes it would be great if more sellers knew about the Platinum listings.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    Is just my opinion…..no big deal…..

And by the way read the post #59 and this is by now best reply on this thread from beginning….
    the problem with people like you is you have zero listings its very easy for you to advocate a listing fee or people with 3 or 4 listings to advocate a listing fee sellers who have listed large numbers or medium numbers of items list because its free to list basic auctions selling on ebid has nothing to do with the cost of the listing its what you sell that attracts buyers if your not selling dont blame ebid look at what your trying to sell i sell mr k sells lots of other sellers sell its always the non listers or people with very few listings who seem to think they know best for us who do list more than 10 items and pay the FVFs which you dont !
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    the problem with people like you is you have zero listings its very easy for you to advocate a listing fee or people with 3 or 4 listings to advocate a listing fee sellers who have listed large numbers or medium numbers of items list because its free to list basic auctions selling on ebid has nothing to do with the cost of the listing its what you sell that attracts buyers if your not selling dont blame ebid look at what your trying to sell i sell mr k sells lots of other sellers sell its always the non listers or people with very few listings who seem to think they know best for us who do list more than 10 items and pay the FVFs which you dont !

Where you been before….

But anyway just read the post #59 again…

And by the way next time I will list exactly 33 items or at least one more from you whatever you have in that time just to see what you going to say after that…..

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LovesVintage43 View Post
    Hey, hang on a minute peeps...I don't think you're being very fair. I had only heard of this site incredibly recently and I only joined up 6 days ago. I am not a business, I am a person who is selling things because I need the money so I have to do what is best for me and I am perfectly entitled to take a little time to look around and do my research to see what kinds of things I can sell here. I will not list on both sites due to the fact that it is against the rules- that is my choice as I will not put my Ebay account into jeopardy. I already had listings set up and ready to go on Ebay and went ahead with this as it was free this weekend for listings £1 and over and my items are more likely to sell quicker on Ebay than here- that's a fact. I don't sell "substandard" items and to be honest, I'm a little cheesed off at the insinuation. The things I was sorting out to sell are not things that are "not fit for ebay" but things I have been planning to sell anyway and just hadn't got round to unpacking and photographing as I had been on holiday ! Anything not fit for SELLING wherever, gets donated to charity,recycled or thrown in the bin.
    I'm really dumfounded by these comments as I don't feel that critisizing and ordering a new member around in a way that they feel the need to justify themselves to complete strangers is very constructive when all I am seeing on the forum is people wondering how to get more people to ebid.

I'm basing my perspective on what i've seen before....and this is that many sellers have come to this site, and listed the items that they simply can't shift elsewhere with all sorts of high expectations. This has resulted in much disappointment and the next step s for the already mentioned sellers to start a thread usually titled "Why can't i sell anything over here".?...from here we're told how great the same sellers are doing on Ebay.
    I was hoping to spare you the trouble of making such a post in a few weeks time ....that's all......so you reckon you've been treated unjustly by me then?, well.... wait until you start a threat about poor sales and you'll be called a troll.

You're not a business?....neither am i i as such, but we all need to make that extra effort to see our listings visible to the outside world. Its a real missed opportunity that you're unwilling to sell and list all of your items across as many sites as possible due to Ebay rules. Incidentally the Ebay rule that you're concerned with is in effect none enforceable as they would not have any way of knowing that you're committing the sin of looking to trade across another venue, i'd advise you to cease worrying about this. i assumed that you were looking to break free of their chains?

I understand all too well that you need and should do what is best for you....hence why i offered my outlook to you as you originally came across as being genuinely interested in listing on this site in the most effective way possible, so from there the advice that i put forward was so that you could serve your interests fully.
    I can't see where i insinuated that you are planning to sell substandard items here....although ....of course i have pointed out that this has been the case all too often, this is a fact, and demonstrates what many serious sellers are fighting against.
    Its interesting that you come here asking that people relate their experiences of this site and its operation, i offer you the benefit of my findings and allegedly i am criticizing and ordering people about?....you therefore don't feel that me relating my findings are constructive?.....i thought that you wanted to sell successfully?

"people wondering how to get more people to Ebid"....this is easy...make certain that you bend to the requirements of Google, this is the first and main step to buyers seeing what you have to offer.
    Shame you find my manner abrasive, but i'd prefer you to do well here with tough advice rather than fail while hearing what sounds more appealing.....best of luck.

Forum Newbie
    All-About naaktgeboren
    View naaktgeboren's Listings
    Forum Posts

As far as I have seen so far, you can only do so much yourself, yes, you can get your listing on Google shopping which is supposed to help things along although the buyer just don't appear to be there. I am selling 2 keyboards on ebid, both are the latest offering from Logitech and are highly desirable items. I have sold many of these on Ebay and mentioned to a fellow seller that I was thinking of trying out ebid, he simply laughed and told me I was wasting my time (even if I sold them cheaper) I did list them... a hell of a lot cheaper than on the bay, I have also offered discounts throughout my sale but people are just not looking :/ The only time my viewing count rises is shortly after I post on these forums (as people look out of curiosity) both my items are viewable on Google, both items have best offer available.

For a site which has been going since '98 that is still struggling for buyers, obviously something is wrong and needs to be changed. I would understand if I was selling crap but for a current desirable item not to sell at a loss to me......... alarming really.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by naaktgeboren View Post
    As far as I have seen so far, you can only do so much yourself, yes, you can get your listing on Google shopping which is supposed to help things along although the buyer just don't appear to be there. I am selling 2 keyboards on ebid, both are the latest offering from Logitech and are highly desirable items. I have sold many of these on Ebay and mentioned to a fellow seller that I was thinking of trying out ebid, he simply laughed and told me I was wasting my time (even if I sold them cheaper) I did list them... a hell of a lot cheaper than on the bay, I have also offered discounts throughout my sale but people are just not looking :/ The only time my viewing count rises is shortly after I post on these forums (as people look out of curiosity) both my items are viewable on Google, both items have best offer available.

For a site which has been going since '98 that is still struggling for buyers, obviously something is wrong and needs to be changed. I would understand if I was selling crap but for a current desirable item not to sell at a loss to me......... alarming really.
    I could comment, but I am just saying this

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Perhaps when people want to buy stuff they don't have time to try several venues ?

I suppose it depends on the item.

If I want to buy computer gear online (which I do) I go to a reputable online store - I would never buy from ebay.
    Last edited by Juliebabe25; 12th August 2013 at 07:37 PM.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by naaktgeboren View Post

I can tell you what i know as fact and that this is currently that many if not almost all internet shoppers are not as forward looking as the media enjoys portraying them.
    For example....many Ebay users are taken in by the sites self spurned propaganda that it is the best source of great deals, in many cases a Google search can show this not to be the case and here Google shopping comes into its own.
    Are many potential buyers using this search?....i haven't seen any figures, but the people that i deal with are almost always newly registered and as i understand it they are finding their way here by using Google.
    A lot of people assume that your listing shows up in Google shopping search only, but it will show in a regular search and within Google images too.

Why haven't you moved your Keyboards?, you're offering them at a lower than Ebay price, and you're showing up in the relevant Google search. You know that they;re selling well on Ebay.
    This leaves only one answer and that Ebid need carry out promotion of the site.But where would they target the advertising even if there were funds to spare.?

My view is that the more sellers who can use the services of Google, then the sales on this site will be easier to come by. For now there's nothing else to be done but take the term view.
    The one thing to think about is that Ebay is becoming a costlier place to use as a selling platform and prices will have to rise to account for the increased fees. I think that this is going to encourage a lot more buyers to start turning to searches such as Google shopping.

Thread Information