Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Vonz is in hospital

Default Re: Vonz is in hospital

Thinking of you Vonz. Never mind the hair loss it's your excuse to go and spend a fortune on those really trendy turbans, there are some fabulous ones out there. As for the sickness I expect they will give you some medication to help combat that.
    Keep your chin up gal, just remember you are a true eBid soldier and you NEVER give in. I salute you !

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Finger's crossed - you can beat this

Vonz, we are all thinking about you and really rooting for you.
    Sending positive thoughts and a big hug (((((((xxxx)))))))
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Very best wishes, Gal. Having gone through it with two sisters I know a positive attitude can make a big difference to the journey ahead of you. Also, pay no attention to any timescales you may be given; they are all guesses - even by the best consultants in the business.

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning Everyone ... i'm back again

2 hours sleep seems to be the maximum atm, but what the heck!
    I have always been an insomniac so things now aren't really that much different.

I had a reasonable day yesterday, not too much pain (it's getting under control bit by bit) and had a lovely evening with my middle Granddaughter while the rest of the family were out working - keeping the home fires burning and all that!

I don't really want to turn my situation into some kind of self pitying wallow - i'm not that kind of "Gal" - pmsl Mel xx.
    But, I have been seriously humbled by the kindness of everyone around me.

I have had so many phone calls that i've lost count now .... total strangers bringing their expertise to the fight.
    Things that would never have crossed my mind in a million years, simply because i've never had to deal with them before.
    Joe, my MacMillan nurse is on a mission to smooth as many wrinkles as possible and has fast tracked a Blue Badge, etc. etc!

As for all this "special rules" stuff .... whoever knew??? I certainly didn't, but ye Gads my cancer support nurses do and they have taken everything completely off my hands (angels, every one of them).
    Even my local pharmacist has been on the phone making sure that my pain relief is in place and secure arrangements made for "controlled drugs" to be left for me just in case i'm not at home.
    The list just goes on and on .... and I am so gratefull for everyone's help.

The NHS gets rather a lot of bad press - goodness knows i've done my own fair share of bitching in the past - but now, when push is being shoved, the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Gateshead has come into their own. Every single person from my Consultant to the tea lady has been absolutely amazing .... above and beyond .... and a credit to their hospital!
    I fully intend to write to the Chief Exec and tell them exactly that too!!

Apologies, i'm rambling .... but I do find it quite cathartic, talking to old friends - hope you know what I mean.

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good Evening Vonz,

Glad you had a good day. You seem to be rallying your administrative and organizational side, way to go. You are fortunate to have such a strong support network, including the eBid community. Keep on keeping on.

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

G'day from down under Yvonne!
    So glad to hear you're being looked after very well over there.
    I agree, those Doctors & Nurses are worth their weight in gold, very special people they are!
    Being a cancer survivor myself, I can't stress highly enough, the benefits of the power of positive thought.
    Meditation, relaxation & breathing techniques are also very useful & may help on the "getting to sleep" front. (& pain control)
    You may like to investigate those subjects & I know there are plenty of good books about it out there.
    I used them during my treatments & they worked for me.
    At times I still use those skills, if I'm having trouble getting off to sleep.
    All the very best & just take it one day at a time.
    Cheers, Allen.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Vonz, that's super that everyone is so helpful; you're an angel and you deserve it and then some.

BIG HUGS from me and big W.

Hi Vonz, it's great to hear you are being well looked after by all. Your positive attitude will get you through it all and peeps on here will do our best to keep you cheerful.

All the best, Mel

Thats great news Vonz, you sound like you have a great team around you and so you should, keep cracking the whip and let the others get on with the work hun and you just relax, big Hugs (((((XX)))))

Thread Information