eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading as a seller

Forum Newbie
    All-About bkuc9810
    View bkuc9810's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Upgrading as a seller

I am not sure I understand the fees involved. I just registered today and am trying to upgrade as a seller. Does it really cost !.99 every 7 days for the lowest amount for a seller? On eBay, you list for free and then there is a final value fee. They do not charge you $1.99 or more per week. What is the verify seller level? Thanks.....sorry for the questions...I just found eBid today.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Upgrading as a seller

You can become a basic seller for no ongoing subscription fees. Go to:

http://www.ebid.net/us/perl/account....y-credit-cards

and the option should be there.

All sellers are required to register a card - to help weed out scammers. In certain cases additional proof of identity may be requested.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bkuc9810 View Post
    I am not sure I understand the fees involved. I just registered today and am trying to upgrade as a seller. Does it really cost !.99 every 7 days for the lowest amount for a seller? On eBay, you list for free and then there is a final value fee. They do not charge you $1.99 or more per week. What is the verify seller level? Thanks.....sorry for the questions...I just found eBid today.
    You can register as a Seller without payment of any fees. There are limitations, mainly an allowance of only one free photo, which does not show as a thumbnail and there is no access to the integrated Paypal invoicing.
    Fees are payable to register as a Seller+. As a Seller+ you have free listings with no limit, integrated paypal checkout, five free photos and up to five free stores. You can opt to pay for 1 week, 1month, 1 year or a once only payment of approx $50. If you take, say, 1 month as a trial, that payment is deducted from your lifetime payment.

Your "facts" about Ebay are inaccurate and the comparison with eBid is unfair. As a private seller in the USA you are allowed 50 free listings per month. Listings in excess of 20 are charged at $0.30 each. As a Business seller you have to pay for a store. The lowest price at present is $20 per month and allows a total of 300 free listings of which 100 must be auctions and 200 must be fixed price. A lifetime fee on eBid costs less than 3 months basic store fee on Ebay and there are no limits on the number of listings on eBid. The majorities of categories attract an FVF of 6% to 9% on Ebay. On eBid the standard FVF for Seller+ on eBid is 2% and for basic Seller the standard FVF is 3%.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post

All sellers are required to register a card - to help weed out scammers. In certain cases additional proof of identity may be requested.
    Of which I am most relieved that eBid demand this.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    You can register as a Seller without payment of any fees. There are limitations, mainly an allowance of only one free photo, which does not show as a thumbnail and there is no access to the integrated Paypal invoicing.
    Fees are payable to register as a Seller+. As a Seller+ you have free listings with no limit, integrated paypal checkout, five free photos and up to five free stores. You can opt to pay for 1 week, 1month, 1 year or a once only payment of approx $50. If you take, say, 1 month as a trial, that payment is deducted from your lifetime payment.

Your "facts" about Ebay are inaccurate and the comparison with eBid is unfair. As a private seller in the USA you are allowed 50 free listings per month. Listings in excess of 20 are charged at $0.30 each. As a Business seller you have to pay for a store. The lowest price at present is $20 per month and allows a total of 300 free listings of which 100 must be auctions and 200 must be fixed price. A lifetime fee on eBid costs less than 3 months basic store fee on Ebay and there are no limits on the number of listings on eBid. The majorities of categories attract an FVF of 6% to 9% on Ebay. On eBid the standard FVF for Seller+ on eBid is 2% and for basic Seller the standard FVF is 3%.
    Very well explained Tony, imagine 5 stores 'over there' that would cost $100 per month for starters!

Forum Newbie
    All-About bkuc9810
    View bkuc9810's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks Tony...sorry for the unknown facts about ebay that I mentioned here. I only say listing for free on ebay because I do not sell a lot. Just baby clothing and occasional items that I find at a low price or no longer want. On eBay I never sold more than 15-20 items a month..thanks for the explanation....actually now that I think of it, there were a few times I was charged for a seller fee on eBay and now I know why..most likely went over the free listing quota...thanks so much!!!!
    Last edited by bkuc9810; 30th January 2016 at 03:49 AM.

Forum Newbie
    All-About bkuc9810
    View bkuc9810's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks jeweleffects...I have no issues whatsoever with the verify a card, I was just curious what it was. Thanks again.....this has been very helpful.
    Last edited by bkuc9810; 30th January 2016 at 03:46 AM.

Forum Newbie
    All-About bkuc9810
    View bkuc9810's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks Astral276

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bkuc9810 View Post
    Thanks jeweleffects...I have no issues whatsoever with the verify a card, I was just curious what it was. Thanks again.....this has been very helpful.
    Your most welcome. Yell if you need more help. There's always someone around here

Forum Newbie
    All-About dedinsm
    View dedinsm's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post

Yes, and I was selected for more proof of identity and that in my opinion is phishing and will not provide that information.... Passport, DL, really...... not a chance. would like a refund or my account unlocked. This is totally unacceptable.

Thread Information