Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Having trouble uploading photos

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I see that you are already sorted...

Yours was a totally different issue. The file extension .jfif ​was invalid. Where it arose from is a different matter. Could you have suffered from fat finger syndrome when you named it?
    No I don't think so I just go what ever it comes up with it's self
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I see that you are already sorted...

Yours was a totally different issue. The file extension .jfif ​was invalid. Where it arose from is a different matter. Could you have suffered from fat finger syndrome when you named it?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JPEG_F...rchange_Format
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Newbie
    View jeffstuff1's Feedback (+7)
    All-About jeffstuff1
    View jeffstuff1's Listings
    Forum Posts

this sounds crazy, I've been doing computers since the 80s. I cannot find anywhere to upload photos from my HDD. I have tried to drag and drop all over the listing page with no luck. There is no button to push that says upload from computer or anything that resembles that. The answer is staring me in the face but I just can't see it. I did manage to list one item last might but for the life of me I have no idea what I did to insert pictures. HELP!

Forum Newbie
    View dizzer4's Feedback (+7560)
    All-About dizzer4
    View dizzer4's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yoloce View Post
    Yesterday I spent a good 10 mins trying to upload a photo to a listing and when it eventually did upload, it went on sideways despite my actual photo being the right way up. Today I am trying to list more listings but each photo is taking forever and a day to upload. I have made them smaller thinking that will help but it doesn't. It'll get to approx 41% uploaded and then nothing or it starts back at 1% again. It has taken me 45 minutes to just list 2 listings in the YDC because of the photos taking forever to upload.

I was wondering if everyone was having the same problem or if there is a problem my end? It is certainly putting me off listing.
    I haven't experienced this problem before but my photos often come out sideways.... what is it with that...??

Quote Originally Posted by dizzer4 View Post
    I haven't experienced this problem before but my photos often come out sideways.... what is it with that...??
    The software for many phone cameras skip actually rotating images to the correct orientation and instead just inserts a tag in the file's Exif header. Some software compensates for that, some doesn't. You can always use an image editor to rotate the image to its correct orientation before uploading to be safe (as well as to resize the photo to a more reasonable size). I seem to recall this was addressed some time ago, but if it is still happening to you, it would be best to send a note to support.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzer4 View Post
    Start a thread in the Website Suggestions forum, requesting a few basic editing functions for uploaded photos. E.g. rotate, crop, brighten. If ebay can do it, why not ebid? Would I have to add a <sarcasm> tag if I suggested Not Invented Here syndrome is the problem?

It really wouldn't be rocket science, and it shouldn't take 4 years. Except that most things on ebid really do.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Newbie
    View jeffstuff1's Feedback (+7)
    All-About jeffstuff1
    View jeffstuff1's Listings
    Forum Posts

How do I upload from my computer? Do I have to move them twice just to get them online?

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeffstuff1 View Post
    How do I upload from my computer? Do I have to move them twice just to get them online?
    When you are starting a listing just go to the bit where it says photos then add files and upload hope that helps
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Quote Originally Posted by jeffstuff1 View Post
    If you are listing a new item, or editing an existing item online at ebid, just go down to the "Photos" section and click one of the "Choose Photo" buttons. This will bring up the "Select Files" form. You can either drag files from your computer onto the form, or click the "Add Files" button to select them from the files on your computer (for multiple files, use hold down the Ctrl key to click multiple files from various places in a list, or hold down the Shift key to select a group of consecutive files). Once you've selected the image files you want to upload, click the "Start Upload" button to copy them to the server online. They'll then be there to use in your listing.

So, basically, it is 1. click "Choose Photo"; 2. Drag or click "Add Files" to grab the images you want to upload; 3. Click "Start Upload" to finish.

If you are using Ninja Lister, there are buttons to select files from your computer. They upload when you upload the finished listing information.

Thread Information