eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Welcome to New Members

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Nice to see so many from the US. A very warm welcome (even if it is cold outside)

All the newcomers may find reading this thread helpful. http://www.ebid.net/forum/showthread...169#post825169
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Smile New Member

Is this a good place to sell. I need an outlet for a lot of new & used misc items. I also do crafts of all kinds. I can not work due to a neck injury, so I am going stir crazy. I checked other sites but they are so high.
    Thanks, Linda

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View maroy41's Feedback (+1089)
    All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

A very warm welcome to all the newbies
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

Quote Originally Posted by MyJunkShop View Post
    Is this a good place to sell. I need an outlet for a lot of new & used misc items. I also do crafts of all kinds. I can not work due to a neck injury, so I am going stir crazy. I checked other sites but they are so high.
    Thanks, Linda
    The same kind of thing we are offering here. It's slow, but growing fast. After our sales at GreedBay tanked, I checked out a lot of possibilities and decided this was the auction site that's eventually going to be number 1 in the U.S.

Welcome!

Forum Newbie
    All-About marriagebumm
    View marriagebumm's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello All. I am a "Brand Newbie", only a few hours. I am here as I guess a lot of you are. The "E-Bay god" is trying to force me to use their "Pay-Pal god". Since they still owe me $22.00 and refuse to reimburse me, I am here also. What I can't seem to find is, do you have to accept a Credit card or "P P" ? I like U.S. Postal Money Orders and if anyone would go to "That Other Place" they can see my record is spotless and my Grandmother did not write any of the "Feed-Back" there. So if anyone can answer me about cards or the "P P" word, I would appreciate it.

Norm .... threebs2@comcast.net

I would get signed up for Google Checkout as a good alternative to PayPoo. You may find this thread helpful. http://www.ebid.net/forum/showthread...169#post825169
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Quote Originally Posted by marriagebummmarria View Post
    Hello All. I am a "Brand Newbie", only a few hours. I am here as I guess a lot of you are. The "E-Bay god" is trying to force me to use their "Pay-Pal god". Since they still owe me $22.00 and refuse to reimburse me, I am here also. What I can't seem to find is, do you have to accept a Credit card or "P P" ? I like U.S. Postal Money Orders and if anyone would go to "That Other Place" they can see my record is spotless and my Grandmother did not write any of the "Feed-Back" there. So if anyone can answer me about cards or the "P P" word, I would appreciate it.

Norm .... threebs2@comcast.net
    You choose what to accept. All the options are available at the bottom of the page when you create a listing. Check the ones you want. You're in charge here! I set up Google Checkout when I signed up here so buyers who hate PyewPal have a choice.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View maroy41's Feedback (+1089)
    All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

A very warm welcome to all the newbies
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

Forum Newbie
    View FloweredHat's Feedback (+3)
    All-About FloweredHat
    View FloweredHat's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up

Hello to all
    To us Newbies and all you old experts. I am new by 2 months. Have a Store, listed alot of items and still no sales, I am not discouraged. I was with greedbay from the time they first started and they were just an online "garage sale" type business. They hit it big. There wasn't anything else like them at that time and everyone buying PC's got signed up with them in one way or another. I stayed with them until 2 years ago. Got sick of everything there. From reading some of these posts, sounds like it's getting even worse.

I'm in the US, and I know ebid is new to United States, however, I am so grateful your here. I know right now things are slow for everyone, it takes time to get your store known and to get ebid known. Put out business cards, flyers, email friends, talk about it, as you can see ebid is growing daily and more of us from the United States are getting involved. The sales are slow though, and it feels depressing sometimes, especially when you can't pay the electric bill (If I disappear for a while you will know it was shut off) lol, I don't care, I am staying here and I am going to give it 120% of my time.
    To all of us newbies (including myself) I urge you, please, please don't give up, this is not ebay and I pray it never will be. It will be better and when you have certain problems, look through the forums, read, read, read, somewhere you will find the answer, if your in a big hurry ask one of the advanced sellers, they are all so helpful and nice about offering to help. I feel really happy to be here and I love it. One thing that ebay never did when they started was to have a forum and help people, it made it a very lonely start there. Here you have thousands in the forums and around the world to help us out.
    Sorry to be so lengthy, but I hate to see anyone give up without a really good try first.
    GOOD LUCK TO US ALL!!!
    Lynn

Just one more thing...BUY FROM ME!! HA,HA. Really though, buy from each other and help build your feedback, it will be a great help I think. I don't have any money right now to buy anything, I may get a loan to just do that though.
    Last edited by FloweredHat; 2nd November 2008 at 06:54 AM.

Thread Information