Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Uproar on ebay

Default Trouble at mill on eBay (again)

Been reading through some of the community threads on £Bay. There are a lot of angry and dissatisfied people due to the increase in FVF and the changes to the feedback system. What I have found out is that it seems that Amazon may have picked up on this as they are sending emails to £Bay members extolling the virtues of Amazon. A lot of £Bay members are threatening to move.

This is the perfect opportunity for eBid to pick up more members. If Amazon can contact £Bay members direct by email then why don't eBid do the same. Over to you Gazza & Mark.
    Quality Plants.

Plants & Shrubs, Perennials, Climbers and Unusual.

Check my stock out now.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Quality-Pl...Unusual-Plants

************************************************** ********************************************

Collectable Ceramics Old And New

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Collectabl...cs-Old-and-New

Presumably Amazon are emailing existing customers rather than spamming. A fair few sellers already list on other sites, including this one but if a few more came over here with their buyers in tow they'd all be most welcome.

Hi,

I'm from the other side, mainly a buyer and lurk lots on the q & a thread.
    I hope that lots of sellers move here and make it better that greedbay.

If the sellers move so will the buyers :-)

Greedbay deserves a good kickin'

Also if the buyers stop buying there that will help encourage the sellers to move here as well.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Quote Originally Posted by crazykc View Post
    Hi,
    Hi KC, welcome!

I'm from the other side, mainly a buyer and lurk lots on the q & a thread.
    I hope that lots of sellers move here and make it better that greedbay.

If the sellers move so will the buyers :-)
    I wish it were true. The buyers will only move if the awareness rises AND if the search facilities are MASSIVELY improved. Also, if it really happened, and eBid became anywhere near the size of greedbay, the present 2-tier category system would be a disaster, it would need rethinking so as to allow a much finer-grained classification. Sorry, of course I want to see both buyers and sellers increase here just as you do, I just think we have to be realistic and campaign for improvements that'll really make a difference.

Greedbay deserves a good kickin'
    I certainly agree with that.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

As a group we need to look at how eBay grew. It all started with a small group of sellers buying of each other and the rest is history. We should ensure that we look to buy here 1st before using any alternatives. I confess I have not done that in the past, but will make sure I do from now.

I am plugging it to all my friends and will be mentioning it to my customers on eBay before I finally quit. I never sold much on there anyway, it was too much faff. Much simpler and long term will be cheaper on here. I've had a sign up in the last week!

I've also mentioned it in my blog (which is where the sign up came from!)

It's not just the fees, they're removing the seller's right to leave negative feedback!

Just think about it before you buy from an ebay seller, not wishing to damage sellers particularly but it continues to reinforce the myth that that is the only place to trade. Support the alternatives, the savvy sellers will bring there buyers with them. Just start and build the snowball. You know it makes sense.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Forum Newbie
    View Heruur's Feedback (+180)
    All-About Heruur
    View Heruur's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is exactly what i plan on doing! I am ebay seller heruursciences, and have had enough of their fees, their pushing of paypal down people's throats, and buyer is always right even if they're wrong mentality.

Their new *no negs* for buyers makes it very easy for all sorts of chaos from rival sellers negging each to ruin reputations, to newbies who are impatient to pull the trigger, to outright fraud & extortion. It really sounds like ebay is about to commit corporate suicide!

The only good thing about the current system is that it gives people pause so there is time to think and communicate, it gave customers a chance to call or email and get a replacement or refund instead of jumping off the deep end.

Anyway i just registered here o0n ebid today and will list a bunch of stuff during ebay boycott week; Feb 18 - 25. The auctions will start at $9.95 and no reserve, free us shipping on everything, and free WORLDWIDE shipping on most things! Thanks for reading, Chris user Heruur

Smile Newbie here!! Hello

With all the uproar with ebay I signed up Yesterday too. I can say that I'm not happy with you know who .I also sell on ebay.

I was just on the chat board with the rest.and came right out and said, I joined here .other people are angry and looking for other places to sell.So I will tell them about Ebid.
    Good Luck newbies with this site!!!

Thread Information