Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are scammer rife on here?

Forum Newbie
    View abbeysinks's Feedback (+21)
    All-About abbeysinks
    View abbeysinks's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Are scammer rife on here?

Hi all you freindly people, especially gazza, who helped me last week.
    Anyway, are the scammers rife on ebid like the other site where they seem to get away with anything they want?
    I ask as I've just had an obvious one. They bought 6 items then sent me a message in bad english, telling me to add on 100 pounds for shipping etc etc, the usual bull.
    They are an irritant more than anything, as I am an experienced seller who knows all of their scams, but was hoping that they haven't really broken into ebid in a big way.
    They are now with a line through their id, so i presume NARU, so can anyone advise, do I wait 7 or so days before reprtin NPB or can i do it now.

Thanks in advance for any comments (especially from good looking men)
    Sharon

P.S I'm working hard at getting all my stuff on and when I do, I'm going to have a go at those happy hour things, they look great fun.

Leave the decision to the management.
    Any auctions with questionable bids should be reported to support@ebid.tv giving full details.

Forum Newbie
    All-About abbeysinks
    Forum Posts

Thanks for replying damian, but i don't understand.
    I was just asking whether to report as NPB now or do i have to wait so many days?
    I wouldn't have thought that they would make that decision for me, I thought that I would have to report it myself.
    The management have already dicided to make the buyer NARU by the looks of it, but I have no idea whether I'd have paid FVF's and if so, how long do I have to wait to report the NPB?
    Thanks for your avice anyway, I appreciate you reading my post.
    Regards
    Sharon

Forum Newbie
    All-About abbeysinks
    Forum Posts

I've just checked, I have paid FVF's, so will send an email to support as you suggested. I don't mind waiting to claim back the fees, but wondered how the situation works on here.
    I thought I'd post on here first to see if anyone knew, rather than email support as I'm sure they're busy, but I'm sure they'll advise me what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by inkandstuff View Post
    Thanks for replying damian, but i don't understand.
    I was just asking whether to report as NPB now or do i have to wait so many days?
    I wouldn't have thought that they would make that decision for me, I thought that I would have to report it myself.
    The management have already dicided to make the buyer NARU by the looks of it, but I have no idea whether I'd have paid FVF's and if so, how long do I have to wait to report the NPB?
    Thanks for your avice anyway, I appreciate you reading my post.
    Regards
    Sharon
    The strike through does not always mean NARU. It can just mean that the actions of the user are being investigated and, sometimes, users may be reinstated afterwards.

The decision as to whether your user is a scammer or a NPB cannot be answered until the outcome of the investigation is known. Therefore it seems right to leave the decision to those people in a position to know.

If you intend to claim your FVF's back you will have to email support anyway, so why not do everything in one single mail?

Forum Newbie
    All-About abbeysinks
    Forum Posts

I will do it all in one mail.
    Thanks for your comments. I obviously can't decide whether the management will view them as a scammer, but I certainly do.
    Someone who buys 6 items and then sends me a message asking me to add £100 to postage and send to his brother in Nigeria, definatley won't be getting th items LOL.
    Here is an email he sent me:

Hello seller..am the wining of your ebid.net item place bid.i really
    happy
    to wining this item as i have promise my parnter that i will get her
    this
    item..but i want your help for helping shipping the item to him in
    nigeria
    as am not in uk right now for my to reciev that item..i wise to ship
    the
    item by myself to her in nigeria.i want you to bear with me and get
    back to
    me so that i can make the payment via paypal..am add you 50pound for
    shipping the item to her via ROYALMAIL to the destination.
    thanks for your understand

I got 4 of those emails, so with respect damian, i don't need the management to decide for me that he's a scammer.

Next i will get a fake paypal email telling me that the funds are waiting to be released to me, but I must first post the items and supply the tracking number before the funds are released.

However, I will do as you said, I'll email support for their advice on reclaiming the FVF's.

Regards
    Sharon

Forum Lurker
    View artlandish's Feedback (+19)
    All-About artlandish
    View artlandish's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think that's definitely a scammer.

Quote Originally Posted by inkandstuff View Post
    I got 4 of those emails, so with respect damian, i don't need the management to decide for me that he's a scammer.

Regards
    Sharon
    Yes, you do. Because unless they do you're not going to be able to mark him as an NPB for at least another week and you won't be able to claim your FVF's back.

Forum Newbie
    All-About abbeysinks
    Forum Posts

LOL damien. I am not looking for confrontation, but it looks like you want to put me down no matter what I say.
    I really dont mind if I eventually lose the FVF's. I'd rather lose them than have a scammer rip me off.
    The management have every right to come to their own conclusion, as I have too.
    After having these scammers at me on a weekly basis on feebay, I don't need anyones permission to class them as scammers.
    I asked how long do i have to wait to apply for FVF's back.That's all I asked. You told me to let the management make the decision. Why, I don't know, because if this idiot isn't a scammer, I'm doris day !!
    Also, I'm sure that if it happened to you, you would soon come to the same conclusion.
    What do you think then? I should pack up the items and send to nigeria and not get paid, just because the management haven't told me otherwise?
    And, when the management decide that this is a scammer or not, will they inform me?
    I'm afraid I would soon be NARU if i was forced to prepare my goods to send to a scammer, in case the management might think he's a nice chap.

Forum Newbie
    All-About abbeysinks
    Forum Posts

Sorry, I forgot to mention, I received a fake paypal message 20 minutes ago.
    from paypal@paypal.com (as if it even looks real)
    dear paypal member (paypal put your name in the "dear" bit)
    you have £*** waiting to be released to you from ****
    please sign in and enter your tracking details for this money to be released into your account.... blah, blah blah

So damien, do you reckon i should log in (giving the scammer my password) click on help and ask paypal if this is a nice chap?

I take on board anyone's comments. Everyone has knowledge in certain fields that others dont, but your comments about this have surprised me.

Thread Information