View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Paul has a link to his Squidoo article on eBid
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=94630
    you can add your store for FREE
    How many stores listed?

Just tried to do mine but can't work it out? I have to log in ? where?

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

Quote Originally Posted by hypnotoad View Post
    The purpose of this thread is to bounce ideas about how we ourselves as buyers, sellers or members of eBid can promote or help raise awareness of eBid (whether that be entirely on our own or with the help of site management). So things like YDC charity auctions, MySpace, dooyoo, newsletters, links to free advertising, monthly competitions etc..
    After reading that i still dont see how we went off topic? I was just pointing out that if you spent X amount of money and time attracting new buyers, odd are they will come along, have a look and leave after not finding what they want. I still think all advertising should focus on attracting sellers, i would expect that most sellers on ebid also buy on ebid if what they want is here which means that new sellers are also potential buyers.

Whilst I absolutely agree with what you have said above it has already been done to death and is a vicious circle imo (sellers list for a while, don't sell and give up due to 'no buyers' and buyers come in, take a look and leave due to 'no sellers').

eBid now has over 500000 items for sale in many different categories so although we could do with another 10, 20 or 50 times that number of listings there is a lot of choice on here and often (hopefully) at a better price than other sites. Add to that yahoo closing down their US auctions I think it's a ideal time to think of ideas to help raise awareness of this site.

So, yes we do need many more sellers on eBid but we also need to see some light at the end of the tunnel for us sellers who are already on here
    Yes, i agree with the rest of that

Can i just point out, the success of the YDC is down to two people.... Shezz and Yorkie. Well actually its down to everyone who participates but what i mean is its currently Shezz who organises and runs it. Before people start promoting YDC dont you think you should contact her? If it starts being advertised via leaflets etc there is the possibility it could suddenly take off and Shezz does already work full time so that wouldnt be fair on her. Contact her before ANYONE does any YDC advertising.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

YDC does not need more sellers. It needs more buyers. Promoting it in the way suggested would bring in more sellers. Now, if ebid were to promote itself as a site where charities can sell decent items for decent prices, that would be different.

Quite a lot of what I list under my charity id is thrown out by other charities. I found this shocking and unbelievable at first but when the item has a charity shop label on it, I have to believe don't I? And these items are not junk. They just weren't in the right shop at the right time and where do the people who get the items to me find them? in skips! honestly!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

mmmm Charity Shops DON'T Get me started...Well for one thing WHY are there PAID staff? I.E Area managers etc....And This is a BIGGY I Knew a guy who worked in a shop and Anything Decent that came in I.E. Beswick Horse He would Put on display at a ridiculous Price I.E. £250? Knowing its true worth of say £100?. Then When surprise surprise It didnt sell after say two weeks the Area manager would let him have it as a job lot at a great reduced rate say £50 for a whole load of stuff (All items Like the Beswick) And Then he would go and sell them down the boot and the money going in HIS pocket! I Really did'nt like that! And It probally goes on Else where too..
    Also ALL the better stuff is ALways picked over by the volunteers first...

Anyway Back to Bouncing Ideas!
    QCpots Did an about me page on Feebay Ages ago Have you done one? See crasherbills about me feebay page.

and collectables

Quote Originally Posted by *artsbanquet* View Post
    Hi Gothicina,

The Ebid MySpace group is slowly growing, but it's growing. Only problem is that many of the members who've joined haven't put much in their profiles. Some profiles don't mention Ebid and some don't even say what the seller is selling! (Guess peeps just haven't got round to it yet)
    Well I'm guilty of that one, it took me until 5am this morning to finally sign up, & my profile has zilch in it yet.

Now, if ebid were to promote itself as a site where charities can sell decent items for decent prices, that would be different.
    Madelaine the review on Epinions by stitchysyl promotes eBid as a great place for charities to set up shops, but it's the only one I've seen so far.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    Well I'm guilty of that one, it took me until 5am this morning to finally sign up, & my profile has zilch in it yet.

Madelaine the review on Epinions by stitchysyl promotes eBid as a great place for charities to set up shops, but it's the only one I've seen so far.
    I AM guilty as charged......just not got around to it yet.

and collectables

View mobymatt's Feedback (+1580)
    All-About mobymatt
    View mobymatt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pete27 View Post
    After reading that i still dont see how we went off topic? I was just pointing out that if you spent X amount of money and time attracting new buyers, odd are they will come along, have a look and leave after not finding what they want. I still think all advertising should focus on attracting sellers, i would expect that most sellers on ebid also buy on ebid if what they want is here which means that new sellers are also potential buyers.
    Fair enough and I agree with you (again! ) re: advertising. It's just that whenever anyone mentions the dreaded 'A' word or the other old chestnut of 'lack of sales' most threads seem to quickly descend into a House of Commons-style debate with lots of shouting back and forth and then no end result.

There are some great, positive ideas on this thread for eBid members to help spread the word without having to invest anything other than a little time.

I used to write opinions on both dooyoo and ciao about 7 years ago when they'd pay you a few £ just for writing rubbish articles like "I fink dat TV is gud" or "Tomb Raider is wicked and she's well fit"...but had fogotten all about it until I happened to see it mentioned in another thread a few months ago on here. I'm going to see if I can remember my old login details or create a new account if not and pen a few words of 'wisdom'

Fair enough and I agree with you (again!) re: advertising. It's just that whenever anyone mentions the dreaded 'A' word or the other old chestnut of 'lack of sales' most threads seem to quickly descend into a House of Commons-style debate with lots of shouting back and forth and then no end result.

There are some great, positive ideas on this thread for eBid members to help spread the word without having to invest anything other than a little time.

I used to write opinions on both dooyoo and ciao about 7 years ago when they'd pay you a few £ just for writing rubbish articles like "I fink dat TV is gud" or "Tomb Raider is wicked and she's well fit"...but had fogotten all about it until I happened to see it mentioned in another thread a few months ago on here. I'm going to see if I can remember my old login details or create a new account if not and pen a few words of 'wisdom'
    The only reason i made the point was because i feel people are genuinely trying REALLY hard to bring buyers in but its mostly in vain because they dont stay around due to what they want not being here. I dont like to see people's hard work go to waste. If i didnt participate on the kt i wouldnt bother looking here first for what i wanted i would go elsewhere, im just being completely honest.... but because like i said i post on here and have friends here i always look here first and try to support ebid where i can. I really hope i didnt come across as anti-ebid because that's not what i intended

Fair enough and I agree with you (again! ) re: advertising. It's just that whenever anyone mentions the dreaded 'A' word or the other old chestnut of 'lack of sales' most threads seem to quickly descend into a House of Commons-style debate with lots of shouting back and forth and then no end result.

LOL - yes, house of commons debates are usually like that.
    Regarding the charity shops thing - it's just that I noticed that a few charity shops have tables or areas where piles of leaflets are left for customers who enter the shop. But the leaflets are only reserved for events related to charity - YDC auctions would fall under that category. I don't know - was just brainstorming - am not a charity shop expert.

Thread Information