Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Bounce Ideas around on HOW to promote EBID

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

There have been some Good ideas comming through But it seems theres only a few of us Actually putting ideas forward...LIKE I SAID AT THE START ANY IDEAS EVEN IF THEY SOUND REALLY STUPID might inspire others!

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by *artsbanquet* View Post
    Regarding the charity shops thing - it's just that I noticed that a few charity shops have tables or areas where piles of leaflets are left for customers who enter the shop. But the leaflets are only reserved for events related to charity - YDC auctions would fall under that category. I don't know - was just brainstorming - am not a charity shop expert.
    During a past promotion we offered to supply several chains of charity shops with booklets - this was refused by ALL of them because of the hassle it would cause with paperwork and I can't really remember what it was all about, other than the fact that they didn't want the trouble. It's easier just to pop a couple into your local shops than try to involve yourself in major distribution nightmares. Publications of ANY description, even online newsletters, are goverened, yes, you guessed it, by laws. All editions of all publications, digital and in print, must be submitted to the legal deposit office of the British Library and, although it is not yet compulsory, they also need individual registration numbers - ISBN for books and ISSN for serialised newsletters, magazines etc and each type needs its own number, hence the reason the printed NYK newsletter and the online version have different numbers, meaning you cannot print and distribute the online version. I'm sorry this has taken the subject off topic but it is relevant because we already have a monthly newsletter to help promote eBid and it is now FREE (the original version was 50p and the 80-page special editions were £2.99). The whole system has been in place since 1999 and we still struggle to find people who seriously want to get involved for anything more than a couple of months.

Charity auctions on eBid - many thanks to Yorkie and Shezz for taking the time to run the YDC event - I report it in the newsletters and think that it is worthy of mentioning because there are people who wouldn't be aware of the fact that they could sign up to eBid and offer goods for sale to help raise funds for their chosen charities. (Shezz, I think I PM'd you last month or month before to make sure I had the correct dates). If you would prefer that I didn't mention the event and simply reported the fundraising opportunities on here, then the subject can be dropped next month.

My personal opinion remains unchanged - too many empty stores, not enough choice, not enough 'real' bargains and let's not forget the fact that nobody is earning their living out of eBid because it's too much like hard work, so who, in all honesty, is out there running this as their only business relying entirely on it for their income?

We need all those absentees to come back and fill their empty stores and the eBid management are the only ones with the ability to contact them and ask them back. As per an old thread on here, a millionaire doesn't care if he sells 10 items at 100k, 100 items at 10k, or a million items at £1, he knows it all adds up to the same thing eventually. Bring this place to life with variety, bring quality, bring quantity and, most of all, show your friends only the best of what this place has to offer.
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nykmedia View Post
    During a past promotion we offered to supply several chains of charity shops with booklets - this was refused by ALL of them because of the hassle it would cause with paperwork and I can't really remember what it was all about, other than the fact that they didn't want the trouble. It's easier just to pop a couple into your local shops than try to involve yourself in major distribution nightmares. Publications of ANY description, even online newsletters, are goverened, yes, you guessed it, by laws. All editions of all publications, digital and in print, must be submitted to the legal deposit office of the British Library and, although it is not yet compulsory, they also need individual registration numbers - ISBN for books and ISSN for serialised newsletters, magazines etc and each type needs its own number, hence the reason the printed NYK newsletter and the online version have different numbers, meaning you cannot print and distribute the online version. I'm sorry this has taken the subject off topic but it is relevant because we already have a monthly newsletter to help promote eBid and it is now FREE (the original version was 50p and the 80-page special editions were £2.99). The whole system has been in place since 1999 and we still struggle to find people who seriously want to get involved for anything more than a couple of months.

Charity auctions on eBid - many thanks to Yorkie and Shezz for taking the time to run the YDC event - I report it in the newsletters and think that it is worthy of mentioning because there are people who wouldn't be aware of the fact that they could sign up to eBid and offer goods for sale to help raise funds for their chosen charities. (Shezz, I think I PM'd you last month or month before to make sure I had the correct dates). If you would prefer that I didn't mention the event and simply reported the fundraising opportunities on here, then the subject can be dropped next month.

My personal opinion remains unchanged - too many empty stores, not enough choice, not enough 'real' bargains and let's not forget the fact that nobody is earning their living out of eBid because it's too much like hard work, so who, in all honesty, is out there running this as their only business relying entirely on it for their income?

We need all those absentees to come back and fill their empty stores and the eBid management are the only ones with the ability to contact them and ask them back. As per an old thread on here, a millionaire doesn't care if he sells 10 items at 100k, 100 items at 10k, or a million items at £1, he knows it all adds up to the same thing eventually. Bring this place to life with variety, bring quality, bring quantity and, most of all, show your friends only the best of what this place has to offer.
    SO you want the log box then (Whoops our little secret!)

AND WHATS this picture I found!

Not a very good photo as theres NO CUSTOMER in sight! Durrrr
    Always have a Customer in the picture!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

and collectables

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

That's Agnes 'n' Senga flying the flag for NYK at a street market in, I thing, 2004, where about 6 of the writers were signing limited edition copies as they sold them. And I don't even have any of the limited edition signed copies or I'd have sold them on eBid Got unsigned back-copies if you want one? LOL
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nykmedia View Post
    That's Agnes 'n' Senga flying the flag for NYK at a street market in, I thing, 2004, where about 6 of the writers were signing limited edition copies as they sold them. And I don't even have any of the limited edition signed copies or I'd have sold them on eBid Got unsigned back-copies if you want one? LOL
    Actually YES i would like any back copies you have!
    Never know they might be worth a fortune in years to come when EBID Buys Feebay out.

How about EBID wallpaper! See Silly!

and collectables

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Rednosty View Post
    LIKE I SAID AT THE START ANY IDEAS EVEN IF THEY SOUND REALLY STUPID might inspire others!
    Hi Red...I'm beginning to get disheartened with all this now...the only thing I seem to 'inspire in others' ...is astonishment that I could suggest such a thing!

How about every seller 'donates' £1.00 and it goes towards an advert on telly?...or Radio......G&M can make up the difference.

Right, I'm holding me breath....go on....do your best...

Have a click...You know you want to...

What about google search's for you individual stores, as you set up your own monthly spend, have mine at £30.

Very easy to do and a great way to advertise and hopefully peeps will look thru the whole site too.....

just an idea!
    Last edited by LegallyErotic; 4th June 2007 at 02:14 PM.

All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LegallyErotic View Post
    What about google search's for you individual stores, as you set up your own monthly spend, have mine at £30.

Very easy to do and a great way to advertise and hopefully peeps will look thru the whole site too.....

just an idea!
    Hows it work explanation please How do you set it up etc etc.

and collectables

ok... https://adwords.google.com/select/Login

What is AdWords Starter Edition?

Starter Edition is a simplified version of AdWords for new users.

New users have occasionally asked us for a fast way to create and run ads with just the most basic campaign choices. Starter Edition is the answer.

Starter Edition lets users create an AdWords account using a one-page signup form. Users write their ad text, target locations and keywords as well as choose a currency and monthly budget. Once their account is activated, the ads start running. The user's account page is also simplified, showing key information for each keyword and allowing simple changes to the account. The Google Budget Optimizer automatically determines when to show your ads to earn the most clicks possible within your monthly budget.

Starter Edition is an excellent way to get your ads up and running when you want to advertise a single product to a specific audience. It does come with limitations: only text ads and keyword targeting are allowed and only one ad campaign is possible. Advanced features like conversion tracking, multiple campaigns and Ad Groups, are only available with the full-featured AdWords Standard Edition. The good news is that you can graduate from the Starter Edition to Standard Edition any time you like. Both versions of AdWords cost nothing more: after a nominal setup fee (£5), you pay only for the ads that you run.
    Last edited by LegallyErotic; 4th June 2007 at 02:14 PM.

All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

mmmm HAve we ran out of ideas already?

and collectables

Thread Information