Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Please a hundred times Gazza can you advertise for us in the UK

Default Please a hundred times Gazza can you advertise for us in the UK

Hi Gazza. Hopefully all at Ebid are pleased at eBays idea's of free Postage and the knock on effects which may evolve. I also have read that many are changing sites, and eBid appears to be the selected site.
    I would assume from 22nd October a migration of new members to eBid will be taking place. At this time, speaking for myself is there any chance of eBid advertising directly in the UK Media in October, this would be such a great help in Telling the UK Public that Ebid excists, we would all profit from this excerise and it would be such a boost for all of us in the UK. Please a hundred times!!!!!!!!!
    Colin dingledell2books
    Last edited by Mark; 14th September 2009 at 03:17 PM.

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

There are other major changes taking place over there as well at the moment. All of which seem to be designed with the sole purpose of driving people away.

Now would be a very good time to take advantage - As there ARE still people using Ebay who seem totally unaware that there are alternatives!

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

And not forgetting other countries here that eBid represent, not just only UK - USA is big, imagine the potential.

x

Advertising is a good idea but the cost is extremely high, millions of dollars with no guanteed results (most of the time we remember the commercial but forget who the company is - not great for company, is it?).

Don't know if ebid is in a position to take on that kind of $$$$$$ cost without any hope of attracting the right kind of people.

In meantime, now is the time for all of us to contact our past customers, millions of them and ask them to make the switch. I believe the date of bigger changes is Sept 22 on feebay?

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Not going to happen,simple as that.
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    What ?? For France - or elsewhere/anywhere???
    Anywhere not the sort of major advertising people want
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

The cost of an effective advertising campaign would be prohibitively expensive. Mass advertising costs a small fortune nowadays. The only people who can really afford it are well established companies already generating mass income. Startup and small companies simply do not have the wherewithal. That's why you see people signing over large parts of their business to entrepreneurs (as on Dragon's Den) or shelter under an umbrella company like JML who market the product.

eBay grew virally and not by advertising. They had the good fortune to be first in the market which was worth a fantastic amount of advertising at no cost. No 'me to' company following has that advantage.

Many small companies look at sponsorship. This, if you get in early, can cost relative peanuts. If you are fortunate to pick the right person to sponsor and they go on to make it big it can bring big rewards for little outlay.

I can't see that G&M have the money for mass advertising. I doubt they sit at home nights counting their wads of spare cash. Even if they did have it I don't feel that mass advertising across several countries would see a worthwhile return on the investment. It's their business and their business plan. They should know what is their best way forward and it is not the user's place to try and tell them. If the user does not like the direction and pace of the site's progress then they have to option to seek out somewhere they do like.
    Last edited by astral276; 14th September 2009 at 09:29 PM.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

i dont agree the cost of advertising would be prohibitively expensive. it would be expensive granted, i would like to see advertising of ebid go up a gear or two, but until there are more sellers selling more diverse goods then it would be a pointless exersise, and no doubt do more damage than good.

going up a gear or two to my mind would be getting ebids already partner in advertising to advertise themselves a little more ie, google products my customers are all newbies they found me through google products, i know this because i asked them, if i ask folk around me have you heard of google they say yes, i then ask them have you heard of google products, nine out of ten say no! google products is a great search tool that shows buyers a large range of products they are looking for, ie available whitch is the key i think for ebid, there would be no point bringing folk to the site if what there looking for is unavailable.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Thread Information