eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hmmm When you Place an Auction on the Front page

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Hmmm When you Place an Auction on the Front page

When you place an auction on the front page albeit an Happy Hour, 60minute or Front page Auction, You would expect it to be put on the other countries sites! Would you not?

I have just looked and found to my surprise this is not so..Theres nothing on the USA, Canada, Aussie etc etc This is Naughty! yes?

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

Quote Originally Posted by Rednosty View Post
    When you place an auction on the front page albeit an Happy Hour, 60minute or Front page Auction, You would expect it to be put on the other countries sites! Would you not?

I have just looked and found to my surprise this is not so..Theres nothing on the USA, Canada, Aussie etc etc This is Naughty! yes?
    why?

each country has its own front page for this as far as i know

you have the option of offering your stuff to overseas though

so if you really want to buy something on happy hour off the states log into the usa site

but in general have noticed theres not as much uptake on the other sites for front page auctions as there is in the uk

Forum Saint
    View Cocksparrer's Feedback (+424)
    All-About Cocksparrer
    View Cocksparrer's Listings
    Forum Posts

Maybe the yanks havent thought about putting their missiles on front page yet..

Angry eBid moving Happy Hour Auctions about

Another annoying thing which has happened to me twice when I've done a happy hour auction in the past week -
    I don't know if it's the same for most people, but on the eBid home page, only the top row of featured Happy Hour auctions show unless you scroll down. I've only been listing a Happy Hour auction if the top row is not already full. Tonight, I got the 2nd and 3rd spot on the top row, but now eBid have added two of their specials (Wii and cybershot camera), they have put it in the first 2 spaces so my listings have moved down to the 2nd line.

I am pleased that eBid are offering promotions like this to get new members, but they should either add them on straight away, so you know which positions are available on the Happy Hour, or if they list them later, they should add them in the next available position.
    I think a lot of people just use the home page as a starting point and don't scroll down, so I only really want to pay for Happy Hour auctions if I see the top row free.

Well that's my rant over :-) - if any of you are interested in my Happy Hour auctions, scroll down on the homepage!

I see what you mean about the 'scrolling down' - I guess you would never consider the 60 minute auctions then as that is quite a bit down.

I tried my first Happy Hour today to see how it worked - I had 25 people viewing but no sales

I don't really know why my sales have stopped - I was selling well for about 7 months then nothing for 4 months! Maybe it will pick up again later on in the year??

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rednosty View Post

Hi Red,
    Since there is a set time for Happy Hour auctions, I think it would be hard to show them on the other sites in the designated time for each country because of the time difference. Could be confusing.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrowlasCrafts View Post
    I don't really know why my sales have stopped - I was selling well for about 7 months then nothing for 4 months! Maybe it will pick up again later on in the year??
    The summer months are always slow for sales I personnally have had steady sales but the last week has totally dried up, My thinking on this is that its the end of Most peoples Holidays and therefore they come back with little or no money and have to wait until next pay packet (About the 20th of sept onwards) Then they clear there credit card bills (or pay as much as they can) so Theres no money until Oct..Another reason could be the Increase in the Mortgage rate...

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

Forum Saint
    View Cocksparrer's Feedback (+424)
    All-About Cocksparrer
    View Cocksparrer's Listings
    Forum Posts

ToyCrazyUK OOOOOOOOOOO I didnt know you could scroll down.

I wish peeps would leave instructions when they do this sort of thing.

Im doing pretty good again few weeks ago I done well, then again last week & this week. See im still on front page been bobbing up & down on front page all week.

Nosty stole my virginity he was the first person to pay me with pppay and hes bragging about it in AAL lmao

It's just that a lot of people only use the front page as a base for searching and are not interested in what's on it. I was hoping my happy hour auctions would catch their eye - I did have quite a few hits when I first listed them before they got moved down.

I have also listed 60 minute auctions even though you have to scroll down - it's less risky for me than the £10 ones as there's less to lose if you only get one bid. For the auctions starting at £10 it's likely that I'm listing something worth £20-£30 (like my missile launcher which RRP is £29.99), so if I only get £10 for it, it will be a large loss. I know I'm taking a gamble selling it anyway, but at least if I get a lot of hits, some may click through to my shop and see other things they like.

Thumbs up

On the positive side, though, over the last week I have been watching eBid's auctions for the DS lite etc and nosing at the bidders. I haven't looked at all of them, but I have seen 2 bidders who have joined especially to bid on their auctions. The other night the DS lite finished at about £50, so hopefully it will get a few more new people watching if they think they can get a cheap DS!

Thread Information