eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 1 Pound No Reserve Promotion between now and Christmas

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well said, Bluefincircle! Now all we need to do is find all these people and invite them on a virtual shopping trip to eBid
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Too bloody cold to do a boot fair in my old age!

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Nosty! You only look about 6 months old in your piccy! LOL
    How's the 1NR promotion going, folks? I have been trying to spread the word and just cannot believe that the people I have been telling have failed to jump on some of these bargains! It was unfortunate that many of us did the scrolling bars and then lost the pictures out of them during this promotion but I would really like to hear what everyone else did to promote it. eg:
    I wrote an article about it in NYK newsletter
    I added links to it in several places
    I mentioned it on several forums and even had emails asking for links
    I have it on my websites
    My conclusion is people want convenience and don't care what it costs! Or, they either a) have too much money and don't need to save a fortune or b) fall into the category of online buyers who look down their noses at online auctions, car boot sales and local markets. (I know plenty of people like that, believe me!)
    This is where 'the other site' has reaped the benefits because, despite every kind of court case and every piece of muck they have had thrown at them, they are working very, very hard at making their site 'acceptable' across the whole social spectrum by spending a fortune trying to clean up their act.
    As a prime example of above theory, I ran a very inexpensive experiment this past week. I offered a small item on a single web page and gave 2 options for buying. One option was cheaper than the other, but it meant signing up to eBid in order to pay. Sadly, I have had NO eBid sales, but 6 via a Buy Now PayPal button. I did a search for the item I was offering, and it came up number one listing in Google, so if someone is looking for the item, they do learn about eBid as soon as they find it. However, this does not introduce any new sales, so I now need to look at the possibility of including a 'buy now' button that links straight through to eBid - is anyone following my reasoning for this?
    Last edited by nykmedia; 26th November 2007 at 03:01 PM. Reason: update added

People might not have leapt at all the bargains but then I don't rush into a supermarket and buy all the bogof items. I walk in, nose around the store and pick what suits me, not necessarily what the store is anxious to push.

Interesting reaction to the experiment, a link to your eBid site can't do any harm. Do you take paypal on this site? I know that it is expensive but the buyers seem to like and trust it.

[QUOTE=bluefincircle;574119]People might not have leapt at all the bargains but then I don't rush into a supermarket and buy all the bogof items. I walk in, nose around the store and pick what suits me, not necessarily what the store is anxious to push.

/QUOTE]

I'm the exact opposite! I'm totally conned into buying all the BOGOF offers even if I don't need them! LOL

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nykmedia View Post
    How's the 1NR promotion going, folks?
    Hi Susan,
    I only listed one 1NR item, a Marcrest stoneware bowl, that has already went off without a bid and I had it listed for $1.00 and it was less including shipping than the purchase price of the other ones I found listed on Google Products.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

How's the 1NR promotion going, folks? I have been trying to spread the word and just cannot believe that the people I have been telling have failed to jump on some of these bargains! It was unfortunate that many of us did the scrolling bars and then lost the pictures out of them during this promotion but I would really like to hear what everyone else did to promote it. eg:
    I wrote an article about it in NYK newsletter
    I added links to it in several places
    I mentioned it on several forums and even had emails asking for links
    I have it on my websites
    My conclusion is people want convenience and don't care what it costs! Or, they either a) have too much money and don't need to save a fortune or b) fall into the category of online buyers who look down their noses at online auctions, car boot sales and local markets. (I know plenty of people like that, believe me!)
    This is where 'the other site' has reaped the benefits because, despite every kind of court case and every piece of muck they have had thrown at them, they are working very, very hard at making their site 'acceptable' across the whole social spectrum by spending a fortune trying to clean up their act.
    As a prime example of above theory, I ran a very inexpensive experiment this past week. I offered a small item on a single web page and gave 2 options for buying. One option was cheaper than the other, but it meant signing up to eBid in order to pay. Sadly, I have had NO eBid sales, but 5 via a Buy Now PayPal button. I did a search for the item I was offering, and it came up number one listing in Google, so if someone is looking for the item, they do learn about eBid as soon as they find it. However, this does not introduce any new sales, so I now need to look at the possibility of including a 'buy now' button that links straight through to eBid - is anyone following my reasoning for this?
    Dear Mummy I am 7 months old and you have forgotten me already! An Abandoned baby Left to rot away in front of a computer.

The £1 promotion is difficult to judge how its going I have sold about 7 of my items but 5 of those went to one person that knew all about it through these forums anyway! (no names !Thanks wizbooks durrrrrr) And the other 2 items I've sold have not been paid for as yet (so I dont call them sales until the dosh is paid!)
    I have a few (Ok I admit they are cheaper end market watches on sale) at 99p But HEY you go and get a battery fitted in any watch and it costs you more then that! They should sell easily!
    Having said that I did this similar thing on Thiefbay and Listed about 10 cheap watches at 99p and only 1 sold? Maybe just maybe it is like a boot fair and people just cant accept that its a real bargain and so you have to ask more. Weird life!

The problem we have of Course is Maybe people ARE seeing the £1 promo and then searching the site for other items as I have just had 3 bids for 3 Gold watches (£100) from a New buyer to ebid?

I think we need to ask all the new buyers how they find out about us? Yes I know Ebid ask general questions like How did you find us A) Search engine B) recomondation etcetc but nothing percific (how do you spell that?) I would like to know if they came here via A pen? Seeing a T shirt, Mug etc etc
    Last edited by Rednosty; 26th November 2007 at 10:09 AM.

and collectables

All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default I can't pass a BOGOF! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bluefincircle View Post
    People might not have leapt at all the bargains but then I don't rush into a supermarket and buy all the bogof items. I walk in, nose around the store and pick what suits me, not necessarily what the store is anxious to push.

Interesting reaction to the experiment, a link to your eBid site can't do any harm. Do you take paypal on this site? I know that it is expensive but the buyers seem to like and trust it.
    I'm with *Arts* on this one, I never pass up on the opportunity of a bargain and if it means going home with double the amount of shopping, so be it. I normally go with a friend so that instead of getting one free for myself, we each get the item half price and pocket the difference

I think it's a mentality thing. I'm not ashamed to be seen buying bargains and every time I do, I ALWAYS save whatever amount I have saved, straight into the bank/building society so I can see just how much I have saved over the year. But that might just be because of a certain friend who has it drummed into my head that, 'frugal may sound funny, but funny can make money." Think about it

PS: I accept PayPal but don't usually sell anything direct as I'm not really a seller of goods. Anything I do offer for sale is through eBid, but I felt that the experiment was warranted. It led me to my 2008 'mottos' for my participation in the Cyberdosh Challenge - "Simplicity is essential" and, "Convenience is paramount."
    Last edited by nykmedia; 26th November 2007 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Adding more info (the PS)

All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Is the £1 no reserve (1NR) working

Alright stats fans, as per usual I have been running a few 'research' projects and experiments alongside this to try and gauge what can work best for us all. 1NR is currently running at approximately 40% sell through without any official support or advertising. In my book, anything under 50% is a failure BUT the sell through figures here aren't that far different from stats elsewhere. With a bit of extra promotion and the right products, the 1NR could be a great selling point, but it won't work as an auction without bidders. Even saying we all manage to achieve over 50% sell through rate, this is a completely pointless exercise if the sellers involved aren't in a position to write off the bargains as loss leaders. Has anyone participated in this promotion and worked out if it is financially viable at this point in time, assuming the fact that this should be the busiest period of any self-respecting bargain hunter's year?

All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Alright stats fans, as per usual I have been running a few 'research' projects and experiments alongside this to try and gauge what can work best for us all. 1NR is currently running at approximately 40% sell through without any official support or advertising. In my book, anything under 50% is a failure BUT the sell through figures here aren't that far different from stats elsewhere. With a bit of extra promotion and the right products, the 1NR could be a great selling point, but it won't work as an auction without bidders. Even saying we all manage to achieve over 50% sell through rate, this is a completely pointless exercise if the sellers involved aren't in a position to write off the bargains as loss leaders. Has anyone participated in this promotion and worked out if it is financially viable at this point in time, assuming the fact that this should be the busiest period of any self-respecting bargain hunter's year?
    Aye I've had sales BUT still got 5 with non paying bidders! grrrrrrr Also I agree Sellers cant keep this up as you lose money if the item does not get more then one bid!

and collectables

Thread Information