Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 16 of 85 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi everyone!

More L$s coming in slowly.

I'll be attending another contest later, so will keep you updated on that. The Project is gradually coming together now.

Best wishes, Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

Forum Lurker
    View lottie2005's Feedback (+177)
    All-About lottie2005
    View lottie2005's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi all,
    Dont forget those youtube tutorials if you are stuck.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Lurker
    All-About lottie2005
    Forum Posts

Second Life is a great place to expand your computer skills and knowledge,network and expand your business.Meet new people from all over the world and learn about their cultures.You can visit the Empire State Building and fly over the Sidney Opera House.
    However first and foremost it should be fun.
    During my time on Second Life I have been lucky enough to make three very dear friends in,Peggy,Wendy and Simon.
    Second Life is fun whilst a few general rules of ettiquite are followed.Very much like real life really.
    Always remember that SL avatars have real people behind them,so treat them respectfully with your typed word and avatar actions.
    Ask permission of the person you wish to photograph prior to taking photographs and gain their permission prior to posting them on this thread.Remember please keep them clean as the thread could be removed by Ebid management.
    As a courtesy always IM SLers prior to teleporting to them as it may not be convenient for you to visit them at that time.The same goes to you wishing to teleport them to you.
    This thread should be kept within the realms of the subject matter relating to group activities,comptitions updates etc.
    Generally bad behaviour in SL is treated much like the way it is in real life,it is frowned upon.
    People can be suspended from Second Life or even have their residency revoked via a ban for bad behaviour,which happens frequently.
    So lets all enjoy our Second Lives work hard and let our hair down and have some fun.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela.
    Ebid SL er Lottie2005 Anthony.

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am most Upset that I am not included in your list of Friends! Sob sob

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barrattess View Post
    Ok....
    I finally arrived in 'world' after downloading onto my laptop. The problem was I was starkers' ... so I promptly logged off ...will try again tomorrow

Tess Fanshaw
    Hi Tess!

That's great news! (About you managing to get in-world, I mean, NOT the starkers bit! LOL ).

We should know when you're on, and can all meet up! It'll be great to see you! We can also all go shopping together, and help you get some nice free virtual clothes!

All the best, Simon. (Glad the Laptop worked for SL! That's how Lottie got on!)
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ok guys Heres me at work IN SL
    As you can see anyone that comes near the coffee Bar cant miss what is on my T shirt! Therefore this is one way of advertising EBid (Or your OWN website) The Management are working (Thats Rupert and Co.) On having a shopping Mall so Anyone can List in there. SL is fun at the same time!

Would it not be great if a Few more of you joined and Wore THIS T shirt around the place.

Once you grab the basics Its pretty easy. Even I am now starting to experiment Building things!

What I tend to do is sit in this coffee shop and earn L$ (Which is what we need to buy and build land At the same time I list items on Ebid (Having SL in the top half of my screen Becuase you have to keep clicking on a Little box to keep you Earning!

Its easy really.

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

very strange game ... one i must confess to not understanding one iota ..yet my brother plays it

maybe i should give it another try
    Tart with a Heart

Forum Lurker
    All-About lottie2005
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up

Hi Nosty,
    Well done on the swirl job.
    Great photo.
    Make sure Robin does not catch you in the Eid tee shirt though
    Kind regards,
    Michaela.
    SLer Lottie2005Anthony.

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Yes Nosty! Great work there, and a great photo too! You have done very well indeed!

I'm glad everyone is enjoying themselves in SL! It really is fun entering all these contests and doing other things to earn L$ for the project, isn't it, and as you say, if you're crafty, you can run SL and list on eBid at the same time too! LOL!

deeze792 - if you would like to give SL another go, and need any help with anything, just let one of us know. It'd be great to meet you over there. (We tend to look on SL more as an experience than a game, because there is no way to 'win' as such, but whatever it is, it's great fun, and I'm sure you would enjoy it). There are so many things that can be done over there, that you really have to expierience it. Everyday we come across new things, which in turn give us more ideas.

I am confident that it will be a great day, when we open the Mall, and is something that I know many of us are looking forward to. So many have put a great number of hours into this project and RL money too in some cases (you all know who you are), and come up with great ideas which all being well, will give the eBid Storeholders interested, a virtual presence to help boost sales.

Best wishes, Simon.
    Last edited by rupert691; 14th January 2008 at 03:04 AM.

Default errr

Hey rupert, I may have suffered from delayed simultaneous thought (a lovely oxymoronic thing to say, I feel), I started a topic "A niche I just thought of that could attract loads of buyers", "http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?p=589005#post589005"

Perhaps we should hook up? I'm a business person and a technical person and I've been on SL just enough to be dangerous.

---
    Edit

PS I make a suggestion in on the link above, of a collaborative eBid effort, we could all chip in and run a sim for almost nothing per person (depending on amount of people), or we could ask eBid to pay for sim, but allow us to develop an eBid-SL, and those who'd like to join the effort who aren't scripters or builders or funders could be marketers, with one of those Shirts and leaflets, one could even use build like a protestors sign thing, but put eBid on it, "Thousands of sellers on eBid who need a loving buyer - Prices are cheaper than eBay!" etc etc.

PPS IF you'd have used the refer mechanism for everyone you signed up you could have made LITERAL... pennies...... if they'd...become premium members. .... WOOOO.. let them lindens role
    Last edited by Yireh; 15th January 2008 at 02:46 AM. Reason: To make some PS's

Thread Information