Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 17 of 85 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barrattess View Post
    Hi Simon...
    I have been wandering around for the last two evenings.. I'm still naked! Listen I forgot to mention that I have a different name...Tess Fanshaw ... can you send me an invite again?...

Cheers Tess
    Hi Tess,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I've had lots of messages to sort out today, so my apologies.

Thank you for updating us with your new ID (very posh!). I'll add it to my friends, and also to the eBid SL Group, so you'll get another invite. (If you don't for any reason, please let me know).

It'll be great to finally meet your 'virtual-self'. (Lots of free clothes in SL if you know where to look, so no worries there). If you need any help, just let one of the SL Project Regulars know.

Best wishes, Simon.

"The SL Project is not linked to eBid Ltd. in anyway. It is run and funded independently from eBid Ltd., and is a venture undertaken by, and on behalf of members of the eBid
    Community."
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Hi everyone!

Great to see Tess and OnlyTheVeryBest on last night!

A few things you could both try which will help fine-tune your SL experience and may stop you crashing, and also may make you be able to 'see' etc. are to try the following:-

Once the initial SL window loads, look at the PRFERENCES.

Then open the GRAPHICS tab, and set the DRAW DISTANCE a little less. (Most of these options need just experimenting with).

Then open the GRAPHICS DETAIL tab. Set TERRAIN DETAIL to LOW, and move the 'sliders' down a bit. (Maybe start with about a third the way up, rather than the halfway default).

Next open the ADV. GRAPHICS tab. Set the OUTFIT COMPOSITE LIMIT lower.

Then hit APPLY.

If all else fails, remember you can just reduce the size of the SL window. That will usually speed thnigs up a lot.

NOSTY - thanks for your message. Sounds very good! I'll make the others aware of the hat contest a little later, and hopefully we'll get a good turn out! LOL. (I've just got to catch up with some RL work, but will try find a camp spot as I'm working, so if anyone can't get me, you'll understand why. LOL)

Best wishes, Simon.

"The SL Project is not linked to eBid Ltd. in anyway. It is run and funded independently from eBid Ltd., and is a venture undertaken by, and on behalf of members of the eBid Community."
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Last night was a Lot of Fun in Sl FAR MORE then these FORUMS! as you can chat live! And congrats to Zarin on Winning the HAT competition which I thought I might win as I had a Nuclear Missile on my Head most of the night!

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rednosty View Post
    Last night was a Lot of Fun in Sl FAR MORE then these FORUMS! as you can chat live! And congrats to Zarin on Winning the HAT competition which I thought I might win as I had a Nuclear Missile on my Head most of the night!
    I'd just like to add my congratulations to Zarin too! Well done with winning the HAT/BOOTS contest! Great work! (More L$ for the fund. LOL!)

A big thank you is in order to Nosty too, for finding the contest in the first place!!!

Great stuff! I'm sure everyone will agree that it was a splendid evening, with a total of seven members of the eBid SL Group in attendance for the evening, dancing the night away!

I'm convinced that 'contests' (and some surveys), are the quickest way to earn lindens for the Project.

Will see you all again a little later.

Best wishes, Simon.

"The SL Project is not linked to eBid Ltd. in anyway. It is run and funded independently from eBid Ltd., and is a venture undertaken by, and on behalf of members of the eBid Community."

All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

In swirl in the next few days theres a Competition to suggest the Next competition Idea! Get you thinking caps on!

My idea is The most bizzare Avatar!...Now I wonder why I got that idea! Being a blue person with a Nuke On his head last night! As I dont know how to enter my idea I will leave it to one of you! Get thinking its worth 1000 L$
    Last edited by Rednosty; 17th January 2008 at 05:58 PM.

and collectables

Forum Lurker
    View lottie2005's Feedback (+177)
    All-About lottie2005
    View lottie2005's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi All,
    Re competition ideas for swirl contest,really boring i know but what about ....The Best Coffee cake Recipe or The Best Chocolate recipe.
    Also found a fantastic way around the constantly checking your avatar whilst camping problem.Any of you Ebid SLers,with teenagers, try getting your teenagers to do it whilst they are doing their homework.Thus freeing you up for RL things.It works well for me now.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good news guys I won the Idea for a contest in Swirl! They liked my idea so much they gave me the 1000 with no arguments! Its all for the cause!

and collectables

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rednosty View Post
    Good news guys I won the Idea for a contest in Swirl! They liked my idea so much they gave me the 1000 with no arguments! Its all for the cause!
    Puts the L$73 I got last night in the shade a bit

Still don't know how I actually managed that much lol

Well done Red....ur a star!

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lottie2005 View Post
    Hi All,
    Re competition ideas for swirl contest,really boring i know but what about ....The Best Coffee cake Recipe or The Best Chocolate recipe.
    Also found a fantastic way around the constantly checking your avatar whilst camping problem.Any of you Ebid SLers,with teenagers, try getting your teenagers to do it whilst they are doing their homework.Thus freeing you up for RL things.It works well for me now.
    Great idea Lottie! The more ideas put in, the more we could win! Robin would usually pick several ideas, and award prices for each of the top three or four, so it's all worth doing!

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyTheVeryBest View Post
    Puts the L$73 I got last night in the shade a bit

Still don't know how I actually managed that much lol

Well done Red....ur a star!
    Well done Nosty! Excellent work! (Sorry, been busy in RL tonight!)

Well done Yvonne too! All L$, whatever amount, will be great towards the project, but don't forget to keep a few back to have fun in SL too! LOL

All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Someone suggest these Ideas into the swirl Comp too then

A black and white 60's Night and a Topsy Turvy night and a My fav A Bad taste night!

No good all comming from me.

and collectables

Thread Information