Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 23 of 85 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

I'll just stop reading the thread then, I had previouslly wanted to help with this as far as I could, so in the future I won't know how to.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    I'll just stop reading the thread then, I had previouslly wanted to help with this as far as I could, so in the future I won't know how to.
    I still love you though KEN! I voted for you to become PM remember

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi everyone,

Well to be honest I think Ken has a point. (I've always felt a bit guilty about posting pics on here)

I love all the SL photos, and think it's nice to let those not on SL, know what goes on, and also makes the thread much more interesting.

However, bearing in mind that we are only allowed one Pimp thread each, we obviously need to watch bandwidth carefully.

Just my thoughts. (Runs for flameproof jacket!)

All the best, Simon.

"The SL Project is not linked to eBid Ltd. in anyway. It is run and funded independently from eBid Ltd., and is a venture undertaken by, and on behalf of members of the eBid Community."
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

Forum Lurker
    View lottie2005's Feedback (+177)
    All-About lottie2005
    View lottie2005's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi All,
    I am trying to put a RL photo on my SL profile.My photos are on photo bucket.
    How do i transfer a photobucket picture into my SL photos in my inventory.
    Any ideas...
    Kind regards,
    Michaela.

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lottie2005 View Post
    Hi All,
    I am trying to put a RL photo on my SL profile.My photos are on photo bucket.
    How do i transfer a photobucket picture into my SL photos in my inventory.
    Any ideas...
    Kind regards,
    Michaela.
    Hi Michaela!

Sorry I missed you last night after the Club. ! I had every concievable SL glitch many times last night (Crashes, lag, non-rezzing, the 'male-becomes-female' avatar glitch, everything).

Don't quote me on this, but I believe you use the Upload Image bit (is that's what its called? Something like that anyway) on the top left menu of SL. You are charged L$10 for doing it, and I'm not sure which sizes and formats it accepts. Z said she just used a straigh camera pic. (Only two I know that have done it are Zarin, and Hiya! so maybe one of them can help more than I can. LOL). Reminds me, I really will have to change my awful SL Avatar Profile Pic!

Just working my way through loads of messages, IMs and emails. Should be able to get on soon all being well. LOL

All the best, Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

Forum Lurker
    View lottie2005's Feedback (+177)
    All-About lottie2005
    View lottie2005's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello Peggy,
    I am so sorry I have not caught up with you over the weekend.I hope you are well.You words of comfort and your prayers have been a great help to me.You are a greatly valued friend to Wendy,Simon and myself.
    I think we three could do with getting together for a group meeting sometime soon.
    Hi all Ebid SLers,
    Given the state of the camping spots at the present time.I am going to trawl the listings for camping again and check out the note card Simon gave me.I will landmark anything decent and note card them.
    The Ebid group is becoming popular and we are welcoming new members.SLers have been showing a great intrest in Ebid,which can only be good for us all.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela.
    Ebid SLer Lottie2005 Anthony.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by lottie2005; 4th February 2008 at 11:52 AM.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Michaela,
    Thanks for all and I am doing great. I will try to get on later today and look you up -- it will be a while yet as today is beautiful and I am going to town.
    Regards,
    Peggy
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by simickeyp View Post
    I tried to use SL for a little free exposure for ebid and my store but the damnd thing blew my graphics card, lol! Too demanding I guess!
    What would you guess would be the bare minimum in way of graphics card that SL would happily run on?
    Only ask as I had an AGP Nvidia Geforce 4 256Mb and now she's dust!
    Hi Simickeyp,

If you'd like, please let me have the links to your eBid Store/s, and I'll add them to the eBid SL Group Notecard we all hand out to residents on SL. That will help get you some exposure. (Also let me have your SL Av Name, and I'll add you to the group. No comitments).

OK Graphics cards. Well I've only got a NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440SE with AGP8X 64 MB, and that works LOL. I've never needed anything more, for just doing letters and things LOL. There are lots of things you can do in the PREFERENCES section of the SL Client Prog. Go through the GRAPHICS Tabs, and set some of the options lower. Takes a bit of time to sort sometimes, as there are lots of options to try. Even at a very slow frame-rate though, SL can work quite well. There are some graphics cards listed on the SL web-site, that will not work, - I can't remeber which they are off hand. To be honest, so many of us had problems getting on SL in the first place, but we all got there in the end. LOL.

The ways in which Group members can help, is that some of us are earning L$ for the Group, as we wil soon be buying land for a virtual Mall, to promote our Stores, and also, when advertising is available, to support the project by advertising with us. I will let everyone know, when we are ready to offer this. (Oh and remember anyone who clicks the link at the bottom of my posting, and fills out the quick survey, (only takes a few minutes), will earn L$100 for the project!)

If you have any further questions, please let either myself, or Lottie or Ropegg know, and one of us will be pleased to answer.

All the best, Simon.

"The SL Project is not linked to eBid Ltd. in anyway. It is run and funded independently from eBid Ltd., and is a venture undertaken by, and on behalf of members of the eBid Community."
    Last edited by rupert691; 4th February 2008 at 06:13 PM.

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi re camping Spots I have found a great spot Hardly anyone knows about!
    Rate of 2L$ per 5 mins (Not sure about how long I can leave it without returning to the computer as yet as It seems to vary Or I keep touching the wrong Keys on the keyboard!) Only drawback is you can get killed in the area its in! (Well you just get transported back to your Home location!. Camped here for about an hour and not seen anyone at ALL! Will pass the notecard around later PSSSSSSSSt Keep it quiet!

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Hi Nosty!

OK, sounds interesting! Thanks for that.

ONLY drawback is you can get killed! LOL (You sure do live Second-Life in the fast lane!)

Will be back to the Sploders a little later! So may not be about much to talk.

All the best for now, Simon.

Thread Information