Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 24 of 85 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by simickeyp View Post
    Hi ya ropegg, just would like to know what you used to add you buddy join-up link to your Ebid pic?
    Hi Sinickeyp.

When I put the picture in my signature I then highlighted the ID of the picture, right clicked and pasted my buddy link URL in the pop up.

Your Buddy Link can be found in your "My Buddy Points" under the My Account section.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Welcome to eBid.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Forum Lurker
    View lottie2005's Feedback (+177)
    All-About lottie2005
    View lottie2005's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi All,

Sinickeyp,
    Welcome to Ebid.Have you given Simon your store and or auction links yet?If not please do as it is extra free promotion for you,with no strings attached.Everytime someone in SL sees our EBid group tag above our heads that is someone else who has been made aware of Ebids existance and the links on the Ebid notecards are invaluable.My sales have increased since been in the Ebid SL group.

Peggy,Simon and Nosty,
    With regards to the lag surrounding the splodders.Last night i flew around the venues and did not land.I played the splodders from the air,had no lag and did not crash once.The night before my lag was appalling and i was continually crashing.
    Also something strange happened overnight.I finished flying and splodding at 10.30 pm.I went to sleep straight away,forgetting to log off SL.I woke up and realised i had left my lap top on at 3.45 am.Went to switch it off and realised i had not frozen,drooped nor been automatically logged out of SL for inactivity.Which is usual for me.I will try it again tonight at the same place and try and get paid for domestic cleaning the pyramid overnight.Worth a try for nothing i think.
    Only strange thing was my friends list had gone weird.It showed everyone,who had been on in the evening,as on line.Which i did not believe,apart from Peggy of course,due to the time difference and Simon.

Ken,
    I watched that BBC 2 SL programme on BBCiPlayer.The american woman certainly had issues,which SL would not help.Her poor husband.The part that made me laugh was the lady with the beautiful avatar who was getting married.She was so not like her Avatar.LOL.
    Many of us try to reflect what we look like in RL,with our avatars,facial features,hair and build etc.There is a member of the Ebid group who will remain nameless,to spare their blushes,who has a very realistic avatar.

Simon,
    PLEASE PLEASE try and get more rest.I know the group project is important BUT it is not worth risking your health.I do not want to have to visit my SL best friend in a RL hospital !!!. Anyway it is unfair to expect Peggy to have to travel so far to visit you in hospital....LOL.You are after all,always telling me to get more sleep.

Apologies for the long post.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela.
    SLer Lottie2005Anthony.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Lurker
    All-About lottie2005
    Forum Posts

Hi Simon,
    I have been thinking about your recent griefer attack.After a little research.I have a theory of what caused it.
    Generally griefers work in one of two ways.
    Firstly they work in groups or communities.
    At their worst they attack by flight.Immobilising an avatars flight and walk by the use of scripts.So the only option is for an avatar to port.They cause chaos and then leave.Griefers can do this from an adjoining parcel if they have been banned from the land you are on.
    There are a number of things that can be done to prevent griefers which will be more relevant when the land is purchased.For example when holding an event or meeting do it by invitation only.Then click on the land boundry and set the guest list.The other thing you can do if griefers approach is to quickly ban them and they will then disappear.
    Obviously reporting them to Lindens.When you report someone an instant image of the event is captured and sent to Lindens.So to back up your claim it is best to get everyone around you to take a photograph as well.
    It seems the general opinion is to ignore griefers,as they then do not get the attention they crave,so they then leave you alone.
    The other way griefers work is by leaving items with bad scripts as freebies so people pick them up.This can be much more damaging.Once in your inventory it can explode causing you to lose everything.It is really important after a griefer attack of this nature to delete said item.Lindens cannot get rid of the bad scripts as they would have to get rid of all the good ones as well.This is what i think has happened to you Simon and i have an idea of what item caused it.
    Intrestingly,all the items you create although made by you ultimatley belong to Lindens as this gives them the right to delete items which cause harm to others from people inventories.
    Sorry about the long post.
    See you later.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lottie2005 View Post
    Hi Simon,
    I have been thinking about your recent griefer attack.After a little research.I have a theory of what caused it.
    Generally griefers work in one of two ways.
    Firstly they work in groups or communities.
    At their worst they attack by flight.Immobilising an avatars flight and walk by the use of scripts.So the only option is for an avatar to port.They cause chaos and then leave.Griefers can do this from an adjoining parcel if they have been banned from the land you are on.
    There are a number of things that can be done to prevent griefers which will be more relevant when the land is purchased.For example when holding an event or meeting do it by invitation only.Then click on the land boundry and set the guest list.The other thing you can do if griefers approach is to quickly ban them and they will then disappear.
    Obviously reporting them to Lindens.When you report someone an instant image of the event is captured and sent to Lindens.So to back up your claim it is best to get everyone around you to take a photograph as well.
    It seems the general opinion is to ignore griefers,as they then do not get the attention they crave,so they then leave you alone.
    The other way griefers work is by leaving items with bad scripts as freebies so people pick them up.This can be much more damaging.Once in your inventory it can explode causing you to lose everything.It is really important after a griefer attack of this nature to delete said item.Lindens cannot get rid of the bad scripts as they would have to get rid of all the good ones as well.This is what i think has happened to you Simon and i have an idea of what item caused it.
    Intrestingly,all the items you create although made by you ultimatley belong to Lindens as this gives them the right to delete items which cause harm to others from people inventories.
    Sorry about the long post.
    See you later.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela
    Hi Michaela,

Many thanks for that! Lots of helpful information there for all who've suffered from griefers.

Yes, we will have to be careful once the land is obtained! You make some very interesting points.

Will 'think' a lot , and get back on later!

All the best for now, Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

"griefers" I assume are second life versions of Trolls
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    "griefers" I assume are second life versions of Trolls
    Hi Ken,

Great to see you on the thread again !

Essentially yes, griefer attacks come in many forms, but the most usual is being suddenly transported to another area (sometimes in a cage). If you can make your avatar sit down quickly enough, apparently the cage/transport thing wont happen. Griefers can also make your avatar say and do things that you're not saying, or doing. Lots of variations really, including making you float in the air, and not being able to return to earth. Self-replicating boxes are another, and will soon fill an empty area.

All the best, Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

So someone has invented a sort of hacking tool to disrupt things then.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    So someone has invented a sort of hacking tool to disrupt things then.
    Yes, but Griefer attacks don't happen very often. I suppose I've had about four in the last three months. (A couple of flying/transportation ones, a remote access one, and a implanted speech one). Just adds to the excitement really LOL. They're done by 'scripts', the little programs that control items in SL, and don't really cause much harm, just minor annoyance.

I mean you can get abuse sometimes, but you can 'mute' residents that are trouble, and report them too. Most residents are OK really. Many are friendly and helpful.

All the best, Simon.

Forum Lurker
    All-About lottie2005
    Forum Posts

Hi Ken,
    Griefers are merely minor irritants of SL,best ignored.They have existed since the advent of online gaming.
    Very much like the sad,pathetic members of real life who shout obscenities in the street,get drunk in public places or throw eggs at your window.
    I have spent many hours in SL,more than i care to remember and have never been subjected to a griefer attack.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela.

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Rupert! Theres one thing really worring me about the Master plan! You idea is to set up a Mall and rent the spaces to fellow ebid sellers? Correct? With direct links to there ebid Stores etc. Ermmmmmm Whats to stop anyone copying it? OK you call your the Ebid Mall someone else with Money and the know how can set up a mall within days and call it Ebid Auction House.! AMybe charging cheaper rent (if any!) therefore destroying all your hard work in Minutes. I hate to put a downer on things as I love SL. Just wondered if there is anything you can do to stop this happenning by the way I have just over 4k for the pot!

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

Thread Information