Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 25 of 85 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rednosty View Post
    Rupert! Theres one thing really worring me about the Master plan! You idea is to set up a Mall and rent the spaces to fellow ebid sellers? Correct? With direct links to there ebid Stores etc. Ermmmmmm Whats to stop anyone copying it? OK you call your the Ebid Mall someone else with Money and the know how can set up a mall within days and call it Ebid Auction House.! AMybe charging cheaper rent (if any!) therefore destroying all your hard work in Minutes. I hate to put a downer on things as I love SL. Just wondered if there is anything you can do to stop this happenning by the way I have just over 4k for the pot!
    Hi Nosty.

To be perfectly honest, I can't see it would be worth a competitor buying a parcel of land, paying the extra monthly tier fees, building a mall, contacting the advetisers (which I am sure would have a certain amount of loyalty to the project), uploading all the advertisers logos (bearing in mind that we will set the Permissions for everything on Group land other than promotional freebies, as 'no-copy', 'no-transfer' etc). They would also have to charge something Nosty, unless they are nuts. SL accounts cost money, and so do Monthly land tier fees (above 512m). Then as you know there are upload fees in L$ for any picture/logo. I honestly can't see a problem. The idea of the mall, is not to make a huge profit out of fellow eBidders, but to cover costs, and a little bit towards the time setting up the individual stores. The price for each store, should be less, the greater the amount of advertisers we get.
    I'm actualy in the process of running some figures though, and working it out now. I have no idea how many will wish to advertise, but we are hoping it will be a fairly large proportion of the Forum regulars. My sales (and NPB LOL!) have gone up since this Project, and Lottie has also said the same, so I am confident that we CAN imporve sales for eBidders.

Well done on all your L$ Nosty! We're getting there! I won L$ 203 last night on Sploders, and will be Splodering again soon.

All the best, Simon.

"The SL Project is not linked to eBid Ltd. in anyway. It is run and funded independently from eBid Ltd., and is a venture undertaken by, and on behalf of members of the eBid Community."
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

Forum Lurker
    View lottie2005's Feedback (+177)
    All-About lottie2005
    View lottie2005's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Nosty,
    My sales have shot up since starting the SL project.It is all the extra networking,the Ebid notecards and profile clicking.I have had 9 bids and 2 BINS in 24 hours,mostly to new members.Luckily I have had no extra NPBs though.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela.
    Ebid SLer Lottie2005 Anthony
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Lurker
    All-About lottie2005
    Forum Posts

Hi Ebid SLers,

This is a really intresting and exciting time to be involved in SL.The potential for store promotion is excellent.

I have been researching a project that SLers can apply for and get paid to partake in,according to the second opinion panel group.

This is the project concerned.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr3vXuxEPB8&feature=user

Kind regards,
    Michaela

Forum Lurker
    All-About lottie2005
    Forum Posts

Heeellooooo,
    No one post here anymore.
    I have won my first SL competition.Did not think I would.It was a closed house vote and I could not bring in Ebid group votes.
    I have sold two pairs of copy,mod,transfers boots for more lindens than I paid for them to friends.
    I went to a SL wedding last night very strange but good company.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lottie2005 View Post
    Heeellooooo,
    I have won my first SL competition.Did not think I would.It was a closed house vote and I could not bring in Ebid group votes.
    I have sold two pairs of copy,mod,transfers boots for more lindens than I paid for them to friends.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela
    LOL! I'm still here. Just not much to report until we find what I affectionally refer to as 'you know what' for the Project. Will be hunting for it again a little later. (got the dishwisher to fix first though, so not sure how long that's going to take). Went Splodering again last night, did quite well. Lots of total pots of 5000 or so.

Anyway, congratulations are in order for you winning the contest! Well Done!
    Great news on the boots too! (I've got 'something' I built, but no matter what I do, it still remains 'transferrable', so I need to get to the bottom of that before I can sell it in my spare time. It's a bit of a blow really)

Hmmmmm an SL Wedding! How exciting! Still at least it wasn't me getting married LOL!

Hope to catch you soon, - hope the dishwasher isn't too long a job, but I've got a feeling the solenoid that controls the valve for the water coming in, needs stripping down, so may take a while.

All the best, Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Heeellooooo,
    Kind regards,
    Michaela
    Wow Lottie ------------
    Congrats on the win and on the boots.

You are so creative and talented. Some of the things I see are so amazing like the fish tank in that store. I sure don't understand that part of how things are done but I plan to learn.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Forum Lurker
    All-About lottie2005
    Forum Posts

Hi all,
    Wendy,
    It was great to catch up with you.I know you are busy at the moment so it was great that you spent time with Simon and myself this afternoon.
    Love you lots hun.xxxx.
    Peggy,
    Thankyou for your congratulations.The win will go towards the land tiers.I try to learn something new every day building wise.I usually spill tiny prims all over then i cannot find them.
    Simon,
    Thankyou too for the congratulations.Your build is very good.You have spent so much time perfecting it you must be proud.It blew me away anyhow.
    Anyway i am splodding now,so i might see some of you later.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela.

À mes deuxièmes amis de la vie i espèrent que vous aimez

Forum Lurker
    All-About lottie2005
    Forum Posts

Hi Simon,
    Just had a phone call from my friend in Harrogate.Apparently she has joined Second Life and the Ebid group.I do not know what her avatar name is yet though.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela.

Yummy AK..

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Hi Simon,
    Just had a phone call from my friend in Harrogate.Apparently she has joined Second Life and the Ebid group.I do not know what her avatar name is yet though.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela.

Yummy AK..
    Hi Michalea,

Thanks great news! Keep us posted. I'll be in-world a little later on the hunt for what we need to progress, - must relist some items first.

All the best, Simon (In-haste)

"The SL Project is not linked to eBid Ltd. in anyway. It is run and funded independently from eBid Ltd., and is a venture undertaken by, and on behalf of members of the eBid Community."

Forum Lurker
    All-About lottie2005
    Forum Posts

Hi Peggy and Simon,
    Sorry,I had to rush back into RL last night.Some idiots decided it was a great idea to tip my domestic and recycling rubbish all over my garden.
    I stayed inside I promise.
    Then when I realised I had left SL on.My lap top had frozen and I tried to log off and crash but the laptop would not switch off.I had to unplug it and let the battery drain.It was very hot,I wondered if it had over heated.
    I did not want you to think I had "gone and done a Lottie"
    Good SL day bad RL day.!!!!
    That aside I want to get onto SL later and finish transfering an inventory item if i can.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela.

Hello Peggy...Give us a kiss...LOL love Chatterbox. XXX

Thread Information