Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 28 of 85 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

Went to SL this evening and met a few people from here, and as no surpise they were just as nice there as on this forum, it would be great if more people came to take a look, hope to see you there.

Forum Lurker
    View lottie2005's Feedback (+177)
    All-About lottie2005
    View lottie2005's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi all,
    Spaceman,
    Super to see you last night.Its great that another Ebidder has joined our happy group.I hope you liked the mall and the club roof.
    Simon and Peggy,
    Sorry I had a bad internet crash last night.So i could not get back to you.
    Had to reconfigure wireless this morning.
    Got some real life to do then i will go onto SL.
    See you later.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela.

Forum Lurker
    All-About lottie2005
    Forum Posts

Hi Simon,
    Just one quick question hun.I am on SL at the moment,at the mall.Did you take three quarters of the flooring up on the ground floor last night?Thought it was a clitch so relogged and its still the same.Also cant get on to the second floor cannot get up the ramp.I can acess the club roof though.Just thought i should tell you.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela

Hi Michaela,

Thanks for the kind words in your post.

It was great to see you all but I still have so much to learn, for example I need to know how to compose a note so if people come up to me and want to know more about eBid I need to be able to give them it.

I also think it would be good to go to places like help island and just hang around so peolple can see the T Shirts and hopefully ask about eBid.

What so you think?

Will see you soon. Take care!

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lottie2005 View Post
    Hi Simon,
    Just one quick question hun.I am on SL at the moment,at the mall.Did you take three quarters of the flooring up on the ground floor last night?Thought it was a clitch so relogged and its still the same.Also cant get on to the second floor cannot get up the ramp.I can acess the club roof though.Just thought i should tell you.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela
    Hi Michaela,

Floor is back to normal now. Thanks for the heads-up. I'll have another look at the settings for the access, - you should be able to get up the ramp. Noticed it was very laggy earlier. Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman76 View Post
    Hi Michaela,

Thanks for the kind words in your post.

It was great to see you all but I still have so much to learn, for example I need to know how to compose a note so if people come up to me and want to know more about eBid I need to be able to give them it.

I also think it would be good to go to places like help island and just hang around so peolple can see the T Shirts and hopefully ask about eBid.

What so you think?

Will see you soon. Take care!
    Hi Sabastian,

Great to see you last night. NP about sorting Notecards out. One of us will show you how next time you're on.

All the best Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just to let folks know.....

last night we had some problems at the Mall. For reasons too complex to go into, I had to switch the 'permissions' off for the land. (We are expecting delivery of something important, to help get people in, and they can't, if they can't build it).

Anyway, while the permissions were off, a Group Member decided it would be fun to put giant animals inside the entrance way. (We are only allowed so many 'Prims' (the basic building blocks of SL) on our land, and each animal took up more prims needlessly. Had any of these prims been 'lost' below the ground, or otherwise, it may have needed the complete removal of the Mall, clearing the land, and then putting it back. Fortunately my Active Script Detector informed me there was a problem, and all was rectified swiftly.

Unfortunately, whilst we are awaiting delivery of this item, we have decided to limit access to certain areas of the Mall. All will be back to normal after it has been delivered.

The Group has decided to ban the person who caused the problem from all Group land for the next seven days. It is such a shame that this needed to be done, as I took great pride in the fact that all members of the Group could be trusted to act responsibly (and most can!). I was on until 5am this morning with Ropegg who helped me greatly (I could not have done it without her, many thanks), setting many of the complex land options to restrict access. This time could have been better utilized.

Anyway, this is really just to let anyone know that the access restrictions will be back to normal as soon as we have taken delivery.

Thankyou for your understanding,

Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

Quote: Hi Sabastian,

Great to see you last night. NP about sorting Notecards out. One of us will show you how next time you're on.

All the best Simon.

Hi Simon,

Thanks for that, and I will see if I can see somewhere online about creating and using the notes, save bothering you, will see you soon.

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

GUILTY AS CHARGED YOUR HONOR.. I had no idea it would mess up the precious prims.... Perhpas it was a good thing I did that as anyone could have and then you would have been in BIGGER trouble! At least as it was little old me then I could easily clear it all up..

Is the member who brought the land opposite Banned too?

Becuase with the security on It restricts access to the Mall

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

Forum Lurker
    All-About lottie2005
    Forum Posts

Hi Nosty,
    I own the two plots in front of the mall.The security i have restricts access only to my property not the mall.It is my own private residence and garden so i have to restrict access to prevent trespass.
    I bought the plots to protect the mall.To prevent someone building a massive mega prim wall directly in front of the mall.I bought the land with my own money,I have already donated land to the group so i am entilled to keep this land for my self given i am paying monthly land tier charges.I purchased it will the full approval of Simon and Peggy.Simon this afternoon has purchased the next one along.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your kind wishes, re my anniversay.

It does sound like there has been a lot going on since I was there yesterday afternoon.

Congratulations Michaela and Simon on your land purchase and thank you for buying it near to the mall in order to protect it from any restrictions.

Michaela your house and garden look beautiful and definately enhances the area.

Simon Michaela and Peggy have done a wonderful job finding the land and working on the mall while I have been tied up with things in my private life.

Welcome to our new member Sabastian I hope you will be a regular visitor to SL and the mall.

I am proud to be part of this great project and to have found such wonderful friends along the way.

Kind regards
    Wendy (Zarin)
    Last edited by Lovetosell; 7th March 2008 at 06:11 PM.

Thread Information