Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 35 of 85 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lottie2005 View Post
    Hi all,
    Cepas,I agree.We could request these cats.However we will have to put the ads somewhere short term.The only cat i could see was internet games.
    Regards,
    Michaela.
    Hi!,

Michaela (hope your knees are back to normal now).

I also agree totally. I'll suggest the cats. in a mo. (Cepas' suggestons) BUT as you say, we need to get up and running now! I'm sure they will be found if they're put in 'Internet Games' Lottie, so short-term I will go with that, and suggest for the sake of eveness between 'The Four', we all do that for now. (I notice that several think SL is a game anyway, so chances are they will look there). Also with the plugging, I do not think we will lose potential customers. I'll give Zarin a few days to get settled, and then contact her with the update, although I a sure she will read the thread .

(Cepas I checked the scripts in the ads and couldn't see anything wrong, but I reloaded the scripts again just to be on the safe-side. I'm guessing that it IS possible that after we have all been given the same Notecard a certain amount of times, we don't get it anymore. A bit like the 'Greeter' only Greeting us once). I tested two chairs and they were fine too.

Hi Simon,
    Just been in the Mall.I think the radio station may need tinkering again.There is some seriously spooky music playing.I think it may be sci fi.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela.
    Thanks for the heads-up there Michaela. I put an 'ambient' channel in. Thought it would be conducive to a calming atmosphere, but will check again and see what else there is. Loads of Radio channels but none really seem right. We don't want anything too over powering.

I will see to the freebies later today. So many odds and ends to sort out, so apologies if I can't speak in-world for long for a bit. I need to make up for lost time today, as my net connection was so unstable last night, the worst ever and I crashed about 40 times in about 2 hours.

Cepas Re. the classified ads. It's vague about cost, only saying that you have the advert for a week, and you pay more for it, the higher up the list it goes. Apparently it tells you how much just befre you hit the Pay button. I'll give it a go last thing, as it's no good advtertising the opening, until we are sure of the date. I'm waiting for to hear from G+M and also have not been able to track 'Bubba' down yet. (Can anyone do this please? Just need to know when he's available and if he does work for tips). If all else fails we will just have to put the opening back a week, but we can at least get the ads going.

All the best, Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Hi,

Just found this category which may also work, but I will still suggest something more appropriate.

Business, Office & Industrial > Business Services

Best wishes, Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

Forum Lurker
    View lottie2005's Feedback (+177)
    All-About lottie2005
    View lottie2005's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Simon,
    Will go in world now and try and track down Bubba.I will also find out who else plays for tips, as a backup and get back to you later.As,if G&M get back to you we dont want to hold up the opening because of an elvis impersonator.
    That cat is looking good too.
    Guys i am setting to busy.So apologies just so i can concerntrate.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Hi Simon,
    Will go in world now and try and track down Bubba.I will also find out who else plays for tips, as a backup and get back to you later.As,if G&M get back to you we dont want to hold up the opening because of an elvis impersonator.
    That cat is looking good too.
    Guys i am setting to busy.So apologies just so i can concerntrate.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela
    Thanks VERY much for that Michaela! That's a great help. Do what you think fit for finding something to get people in. I'll put a few ads in that Business Cat., for now, so that we can cover a bigger market. Also, I've deliberately not suggested a 'title' or 'keywords' for the advert listings, so we come up with our own and will again, cover a bigger market.

All the best, Simon (in haste!)

Forum Lurker
    All-About lottie2005
    Forum Posts

Hiya,
    If you are around hun.Do you know Bubbas second name?If so could you post it.
    Thankyou,
    Michaela

Forum Lurker
    All-About lottie2005
    Forum Posts

Simon,
    If "Bubba" is Bubba C John,Elvis impersonator.I have found him and where he is playing.According to the SL search he is playing in Isere at 1300hrs.Listed as BubbaCJohn@MusicPark at Prim E.....I will now search him and IM him.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela.

View kait's Feedback (+70)
    All-About kait
    View kait's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking

in regards to the cat for listings, could you not use the Business, Office & Industrial cat with the sub cat of Printing & Graphics.

just as in effect you are supplying a Graphic.

just a thought to throw into the mix.

by the way nice to meet you all Inworld the other day, thanks simon for the building tut. and to Cepas for the splodder run, was great.

seem to be inworld too much just now, not getting other things done just as i am exploring this new world.

very addictive............................... back to splodding then

speak later

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Guys a simple way (Ouch my fingers hurt typing this!!!) Is for Ig (Clever so and so!! LOL ) to make a T shirt UP advertising the MALL! Similar to the Ebid.net Tshirt!

And who are you? Ig? Simon? James? Rupert? Have you another 8 disciples?
    Last edited by Rednosty; 16th March 2008 at 06:14 PM.

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've joined.. but I can't sign in! I'll try again tomorrow. I only want to have a look at the ebid stuff. I really haven't time for this as well as facebook, myspace, flickr and bebo.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Lurker
    All-About lottie2005
    Forum Posts

Hi Madelaine,
    When you open a SL account Lindens have you do a simple quick tutorial.
    It consists of communication,movement,inventory and search,if i remember correctly.It takes just a few minutes.The tutorial is a pain but helps you understand live chat modes and transporting around the Sims.
    If you let one either Simon or myself know your SL name we can search it and try to help.Post it here or Pm if you would prefer.I hope to see you soon and you get to see the mall in world.
    I understand SL but not facebook so we are opposites LOL.I keep getting poked,sheep thrown at me and offers to play games.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela.
    Lottie2005Anthony

Thread Information