Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 43 of 85 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi everyone!

Things are really moving now!

We have set a date provisionally for the Opening! Contests are being arranged to cover both UK and USA time zones.

I am still trying to secure some entertainment for what promises to be an exciting event.

After the opening day, we are planning to arrange and run contests on a weekly basis, - each Saturday, with a months worth of contests being announced at the Mall at a time. This will ensure that there is a steady interest in the Mall, and will help to maximise expose for the advertising.

As an aside, I was surprised to find out that the 'Traffic' for the Mall now exceeds that of some of the smaller IBM islands! We must be getting it right.

Full details of the opening will be announced very soon.

All the best, Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

Quote Originally Posted by rupert691 View Post
    Hi everyone!

Things are really moving now!

We have set a date provisionally for the Opening! Contests are being arranged to cover both UK and USA time zones.

I am still trying to secure some entertainment for what promises to be an exciting event.

After the opening day, we are planning to arrange and run contests on a weekly basis, - each Saturday, with a months worth of contests being announced at the Mall at a time. This will ensure that there is a steady interest in the Mall, and will help to maximise expose for the advertising.

As an aside, I was surprised to find out that the 'Traffic' for the Mall now exceeds that of some of the smaller IBM islands! We must be getting it right.

Full details of the opening will be announced very soon.

All the best, Simon.
    Hi Simon,

Yes things are finally coming together now, what a great day the opening promises to be.

The Mall is looking great now with all the ads. The freebies on offer also seem to attract quite a lot of visitors.

A weekly event will keep up the interest and keep people dropping by.

Good to know that we are up there with IBM when it comes to visitors.

Regards Wendy

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

I've just received a request for a list of SL ebid Group Members and their eBid IDs. I haven't done one for a while, so here goes. Apologies for any errors, omissions, typos etc. (Let me know and I will update it) - The other names that are on the Group List, but not below, are not active eBidders, but those who have expressed an interest in it.

eBid ID - SL ID

rupert691 - Ignatius Lytton
    lovetosell - Zarin Nightfire
    ropegg - Cepas Frog
    Rednosty - Eye Nostram
    OnlyTheVeryBest - Misterbid Ansome
    Barrattess - Di Vultee
    Mishpish Munster - Hypnotoad
    Books for sale - Booksforsale Hale
    Jimbo - eBid Moon
    Merlin - Oopsy Merryman
    CME Jewellery - Kalina Nightfire
    KAIT - Kait Dreadlow
    Scanjet1954 - Ziggy Segal

all the best, Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Hi everyone,

Another 'milestone' was reached last night wth the Project, as the three of us bought, installed and ran preliminary tests, on two Contest Boards. (For the uninitiated, these boards are used for entering and voting in contests). We had teriffic fun all entering and voting at random, in order to determine the basic settings.

Over the next few days, I'd like to run some small, informal 'contests' for the boards, with a few, small L$ prizes, the object being to test everything in a 'contest' situation.

Please watch this space for details.

All the best, Simon.

Go Simon Go Simon go simon

Cheerleader Crazymama
    See all the items up for sale this week at Crazymama's

http://us.ebid.net/stores/crazymamas

Simon I have an interest too and would like to know more about it.
    crazymama on ebid
    See all the items up for sale this week at Crazymama's

http://us.ebid.net/stores/crazymamas

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Simon, I think there is the possibility of cross promoting on flickr and facebook. If you email me pictures of the mall, I could put them on both. Announcements about the mall opening really should appear on the ebid is better than the other place group on facebook. I'll do it, if you don't have time.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crazymama View Post
    Simon I have an interest too and would like to know more about it.
    crazymama on ebid
    Hi Crazymama,

Many thanks for your interest. 'Project Second Life' is an exciting project to promote eBidder's Stores and Listings.

I'm not sure if you wanted to advertise your Store/Listings at our virtual 'Manderley Shopping Mall', (if so, please have a look at my listings under 'Second Life', for advert panels). Rental of Panels starts at a very low price, and features 'direct linking' to your eBid page, as well as giving out a 'notecard' with full details of your items on. Advertising has the potential to reach many thousands of portential buyers. The Mall is putting on regular events on our 'Manderley Club' Roof, which will boost the number of people likely to view the adverts. Additionally, I am also in the process of building another smaller Store 'in-world' very close to the Mall, and have other projects in the pipeline with the idea of bringing more 'residents' into the area.

Or if you wanted to join the SL eBidders Group within Second Life, if just let me know. You can activate a SL account free of charge. If you have any specific questions, please ask either me, 'lovetosell' or 'Ropegg'.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Simon, I think there is the possibility of cross promoting on flickr and facebook. If you email me pictures of the mall, I could put them on both. Announcements about the mall opening really should appear on the ebid is better than the other place group on facebook. I'll do it, if you don't have time.
    Hi Madelaine,

Thanks for that. OK I've made a note and will take some new pictures for you later today. Many thanks for offering to do this. The opening will be announced on here as soon as everything is finalised, but if I could supply you with the info, for promotion on Facebook nearer the time, it'd be a real help to me.

All the best, Simon.

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Hi everyone!

Now we've got these two, lovely contest boards, we need to give them a good 'test' under 'semi-contest' conditions.

Tonight at around 9pm UK time, we are intending to run a number of contests, for test purposes of the Roof. It's intended to be very informal, but should promise to be a laugh. I think contests will last maybe 10-15 minutes a time, and prizes will be low (L$10) as we're running several of them. The themes will be a surprise, but prepare for the usual ones LOL, "Best in Red", "Best Hat", "Best Wings", "Best in Formal", "Best in Shorts" maybe? (Just kidding, for those that have seen me in 'virtual' shorts), that sort ot thing. Remember that this is a test situation, so there may be hiccups, but this should just add to the fun. Also once we start the real contests after the opening, L$ prize money will be increased of course.

If anyone needs any info, just let me know.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Narugo/230/210/96

It'd be really great to see as many come along as can make it, for what will surely be a great evening.

All the best, Simon.
    Last edited by rupert691; 20th April 2008 at 03:37 PM.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rupert691 View Post
    Hi everyone!

Now we've got these two, lovely contest boards, we need to give them a good 'test' under 'semi-contest' conditions.

Tonight at around 9pm UK time, we are intending to run a number of contests, for test purposes of the Roof. It's intended to be very informal, but should promise to be a laugh. I think contests will last maybe 10-15 minutes a time, and prizes will be low (L$10) as we're running several of them. The themes will be a surprise, but prepare for the usual ones LOL, "Best in Red", "Best Hat", "Best Wings", "Best in Formal", "Best in Shorts" maybe? (Just kidding, for those that have seen me in 'virtual' shorts), that sort ot thing. Remember that this is a test situation, so there may be hiccups, but this should just add to the fun. Also once we start the real contests after the opening, L$ prize money will be increased of course.

If anyone needs any info, just let me know.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Narugo/230/210/96

It'd be really great to see as many come along as can make it, for what will surely be a great evening.

All the best, Simon.
    Hi Simon,
    We have been anxiously waiting for our Official or Grand Opening and we are almost there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am excited about the test run tonight on the contests and adding to our fun we have had trying to learn how to use the contest boards -- not something I am an expert at. Mentioning expert -- I would not say I am an expert at sploding but I am much better at it than the other things involving getting the mall going and last night I went out playing the sploders for a while. It started out pretty bad but got better and I ended up having a pretty good night so I would like to donate L$10 to each contest making each one worth L$20.

I think Manderley Shopping Mall is looking great and has at lot to offer.
    • Most of all the adverts for RL spreading the word that eBid is around and what their sellers have to offer the buyers.
    • Freebies and items for sale that can be enjoyed in world.
    • Contests and a dance floor on the roof.
    • Nice looking area and your new beautiful glass and black building which compliments the mall and more things will so be added in the area to attract more people.
    Hope to see a lot of eBiders there tonight around 9pm UK time -- we will all have fun.

See you then,
    Peggy
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Thread Information