Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 45 of 85 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I need information for Flickr so that I can tell people (on one of the Second life groups) how to get to Manderley ("Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley...). I've uploaded the pictures in anticipation but need more information before there is any point adding them to groups.

Actually, it would be a good idea if that information was on here anyway.
    Hi Madelaine,

Many thanks for that! Much appreciated.

OK the SURL (the link to take you to Manderley), is on this thread pretty regularly, and is as follows http://slurl.com/secondlife/Narugo/230/210/96

Clicking on that will take you there.

Not sure what sort of information you'd like, but here's everything I could think of.

The Manderlery Shopping Mall has been built on 1536m of land and is located in the Narugo Area of Second-Life, which is a particularly interesting area, with lots of Oriental 'Residents', and Eastern-themed Buildings. The style of Manderley, is very close to the original concept and is a combination of Modern and Traditional, being constructed from glass panels and wood. Streamed music is playing for the duration of the Residents' stay at Manderley.

The Ground Floor features rentable advert panels, advertising eBidders Stores and Listings, with each panel featuring a direct, clickable-link that will take the potential buyer to the web-page of the Seller. Additionally, each advert panel will upon clicking, give the viewer a Notecard (text-file), with full details of the eBid Store / Seller etc., as well as a Landmark for the Mall for ease of location. There is also a 'Greeter' that automatically welcomes visitors and gives information, a Landmark and a T-shirt out.

With a view to getting residents into Manderley, there are a number of novel items within the Mall. The back wall features many unusual and interesting 'freebies' for use in Second-Life, including Clothes, Businesses, Vehicles, Gadgets, and so forth. These are simply clicked upon, and taken by the avatar. The Ground floor also features a fully animated Fish Tank (for sale), a Height Detector (which gives the height of the Avatar), and Strawberry 'Camping' chairs, ('Camping' is the term used in SL, where an avatar will usually sit, or perform some other task for a given length of time, and be rewarded at the end. In the case of the Strawberry chairs, the avatar receives a chair after 30mins sitting. The chairs have been placed facing the adverts, in order to 'force' the 'camper' to view the adverts whilst camping). The Ground floor also features a 'Join SL eBid Group Box', and 'Direct-link to eBid' Box, and a teleport device for swift transportation to the second floor and roof, although the second floor is accessable by using the ramp.

The second floor is of a similar layout to the Ground Floor, with spaces for future adverts, more 'freebies', and 'camp' chairs. We are also lucky to have an 'SLexchange' terminal on the second floor, which allows for 'SLexchange Account Holders' to pay L$ into their accounts, and purchase in-world items from www.slexchange.com . Many residents use these Terminals all over SL, so once again, the object was to create 'traffic'.

We are all especially pleased with our roof-top. It has been designed as an area for social events, contests, dances, live entertainment etc. Again the idea is to get Residents in to Manderley, and putting on a weekly event is a good way to ensure interest. Residents entering Manderley are automatically encouraged by our 'Greeter' to join the SL eBid Group for regular updates of forthcoming events. The roof features a large, square, animated dance area, and three small circular animated, stepped mini dance floors. These make a nice feature and can be clearly seen from the sky and on the SL Maps, making Manderley easy to locate in-world. There is a 'Dance board' and a 'Dance Ball' which when touched, will allow the Avatar to 'dance'. There is also a second 'Join SL eBid Group Box' located on the roof. There is a seating area located at the side of the main dancefloor, and a smaller, one with a table. Located on the end side of the roof, is a 'Profile Picture Displayer', which randomly displays the last nine profile pictures of Residents who have past within 96m of this board. There is a smaller 'Profile Picture Displayer' located on the rear side, which also announces the Residents name. Two 'Contest Board Pro's are situated on the back wall, which are used for voting purposes at the contests which will be held regulary.

All residents will be given a very warm welcome at 'Manderley', which has sparked a great deal of interest in the area. The Manderley Project has been funded independantly of eBid.

I am now in the process of working on nearby projects, again with a view to getting Residents into the area and stimulating interest in the Mall. The first which is virtually completed (pun intended), is a mini-store, selling SL Security and Surveillance devices on one floor under the Trading Name 'Eye-Spy', and Quality, Elegant Clothes for ladies on the upper floor made by a young lady under the Trading Name 'Corrine's Fashions'.

Close to this, I am currently working on a large garden which is to have a calm, relaxing feel to it, where 'Residents' can enjoy themselves. It will feature poseballs and exclusive skyboxes for short term rental, as well as a sky-shop selling 'romantic' items.

Zarin or Peggy, please let me know if I've missed anything, or Madelaine let me know if you need anything else.

All the best for now, Simon. (Now off to do the virtual garden ).

"The SL Project is not linked to eBid Ltd. in anyway. It is run and funded independently from eBid Ltd., and is a venture undertaken by, and on behalf of members of the eBid Community."
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

Wonders if Simon needs virtual weedkiller for virtual weeds in the virtual garden
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Wonders if Simon needs virtual weedkiller for virtual weeds in the virtual garden
    LOL I think he has figured out a way to beat the system on weeds as I saw his garden last which is looking great without a weed in sight. No smelly weedkiller and it certainly is going to make an attraction around the mall.

Simon what you wrote for Madelaine looks really good to me.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Hi Ken!

I love your posts! Always make me smile!

Here I am, relaxing in the early stages of the garden, drinking a virtual rum & coke! LOL

All the best, Simon

Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks, Simon. I just have very little idea of what would be the right things to say but the Second life group that I have joined is very active and I need to post the right stuff there to draw people to Manderley. Actually.. I rather think someone who actually does second life needs to join in as I feel somewhat out of my depth. For the moment, I'll just try.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

All-About madelaine
    Forum Posts

http://www.flickr.com/people/ravenelle/

If you look at the list of groups this person belongs to you will see that SL is VERY prominent on flickr
    Madelaine

My Postcard Shop
    and

All-About madelaine
    Forum Posts

I've posted pictures to a SL group. will join some others.
    Madelaine

My Postcard Shop
    and

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I've posted pictures to a SL group. will join some others.
    Hi Madelaine,

Many thanks for that! Greatly appreciated. I'm sure someone from our Group will join up soon. I'd do it myself, but don't have the time at the moment.

Please let me know if you need anything further.

All the best, Simon.

All-About madelaine
    Forum Posts

just let me know about the events and the opening so I can invite people, Simon.
    Madelaine

My Postcard Shop
    and

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Default Official Opening!

Hi everyone!

Many thanks for hanging in there!

I know this is the announcement that many of you have been waiting for, for a long time now. As some of you will know, we have had a variety of 'unforseen circumstances', but I am now very pleased to announce that we are ready for the 'Opening'!

The Place:- 'Manderly Shopping Mall' Narugo Region of Second-Life.
    (Second-Life Account Holders, please click here http://slurl.com/secondlife/Narugo/230/210/96 )

The Date & Time:- Saturday, 10th May at 7pm UK Time / 11am SL Time.

The Programme of Events:- (Programme may be subject to slight change). 'Opening' just after 7pm, and a few words about the Project and eBid, Contest, Dancing, Contest until 9pm UK Time / 1pm SL Time at which point 'Bubba' the world famous and highly-acclaimed, prize-winning Elvis tribute act, will be performing live on the roof top.

Full details of the Contests will be announced on the day (as is usual with SL contests) and geared up to cover both UK and USA time zones, with good L$ Prizes!

We hope to see as many of you there as possible, and we are sure that you will have a really enjoyable time!

I'd like to thank all who have worked so hard to put this Project together and help make it a success. It's been a long time getting there, but we have achieved so much! A very big thank you to Cepas, Zarin and to everyone else who have helped along the way, and who I know would prefer to remain nameless as I know they get embarrassed Thank you!

Please support the Project by renting an Advert panel in the Mall to promote your eBid Store/Lisitngs, and help get the eBid word out there.(We still have some available, but they are filling up).

If anyone has any questions, or would like any further information, please let me, 'Ropegg' or l'ovetosell' know.

All the best, Simon.

Thread Information