Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 46 of 85 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

View kait's Feedback (+70)
    All-About kait
    View kait's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up Party On Duuuuuddddeeee !!!!!!

may i say a great thanks to all the team for their sustained efforts to solve the problems that have developed during the creation of the mall.

their time and efforts are very much appreciated by all of us who have Adverts in the mall and i am sure by the rest of the EBID members including D`Managment....... for trying to actively promote the site.

I take it that it will be formal dress

cant wait for the party, well done and thanks again

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kait View Post
    may i say a great thanks to all the team for their sustained efforts to solve the problems that have developed during the creation of the mall.

their time and efforts are very much appreciated by all of us who have Adverts in the mall and i am sure by the rest of the EBID members including D`Managment....... for trying to actively promote the site.

I take it that it will be formal dress

cant wait for the party, well done and thanks again
    Hi Kait!

Thank you very much for your kind comments on behalf of all of us. (Getting embarrassed now LOL)

Wear whatever you like Kait! Just NO 'FeePay' T-Shirts! ROFL!

All the best for now, Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rupert691 View Post
    Hi Kait!

Thank you very much for your kind comments on behalf of all of us. (Getting embarrassed now LOL)

Wear whatever you like Kait! Just NO 'FeePay' T-Shirts! ROFL!

All the best for now, Simon.
    Shall I come naked then? Or with a Yellow ribbon tied around my old ermmm well Old!

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rednosty View Post
    Shall I come naked then? Or with a Yellow ribbon tied around my old ermmm well Old!
    Hi Nosty.

Yes we could run a "Best in Yellow" contest! OR "Best with strategically-placed ribbon" ROFL!

Quick update: The Garden area ("For Romance, Relaxaton and available for hire for your Engagement/Wedding/Birthday/Handfasting Party etc." LOL), near the Mall, is coming along quite quickly now. I'm trying to keep the middle section a bit 'low-profile' in order to keep visibility to Mulan's Shop clear,(Mulan is our neighbour). The idea of these 'side-projects' is to promote the immediate area and get people into the Mall to see your adverts! (If you'd like an advert to promote your eBid Store or Listings, please let one of us know. We still have some available on eBid for rental).

The 'Opening': Don't forget to make a note in your diaries, as this promises to be a major eBid promoting day. Be great to see as many as possible come along, and enjoy the music of Bubba the Elvis Tribute Act, (well worth seeing even if you can't get the music, I am reliably informed ) and also come along for some good L$ contests!

Details: The Place:- 'Manderly Shopping Mall' Narugo Region of Second-Life.
    (Second-Life Account Holders, please click here http://slurl.com/secondlife/Narugo/230/210/96 )

The Date & Time:- Saturday, 10th May at 7pm UK Time / 11am SL Time.

The Programme of Events:- (Programme may be subject to slight change). 'Opening' just after 7pm, and a few words about the Project and eBid, Contest, Dancing, Contest until 9pm UK Time / 1pm SL Time at which point 'Bubba' the world famous and highly-acclaimed, prize-winning Elvis tribute act, will be performing live on the roof top.

I've also been experimenting with 'Zero-prim rezzer boxes' over the last couple of days. 'Prims' are the basic building blocks in SL and each piece of land will only support so many, - when you run out, that's it! 'Zero-Prim boxes' in some cases, will enable you to make many prims into just one.

The Project will continue to be ongoing, in an effort to promote the Mall and build 'traffic' up. We have lots of events planned for the future, on a weekly basis, including 'Contests' and 'Building Classes* " (*probably to be run on a L$ donation basis, covering all sorts of topics, Basic, Advanced, Textures, use of basic Scripts, Tools etc).

All the best, Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have now invited Flickrites of Second Life to the opening.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I have now invited Flickrites of Second Life to the opening.
    Many thanks for that Madelaine. Much appreciated!

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Just a quick note for those who haven't read the earlier posts. The 'Opening' for the Mall is taking place Saturday 10th May, 7pm UK time / 11am SL time. We hope to see you all there, at the culmination of a Project that has taken around 4 months to get to this point. Please come along and join in the fun with contests, dancing and Bubba!

Details follow:-

The 'Opening': Don't forget to make a note in your diaries, as this promises to be a major eBid promoting day. Be great to see as many as possible come along, and enjoy the music of Bubba the Elvis Tribute Act, (well worth seeing even if you can't get the music, I am reliably informed ) and also come along for some good L$ contests!

Details: The Place:- 'Manderly Shopping Mall' Narugo Region of Second-Life.
    (Second-Life Account Holders, please click here http://slurl.com/secondlife/Narugo/230/210/96 )

The Date & Time:- Saturday, 10th May at 7pm UK Time / 11am SL Time.

The Programme of Events:- (Programme may be subject to slight change). 'Opening' just after 7pm, and a few words about the Project and eBid, Contest, Dancing, Contest until 9pm UK Time / 1pm SL Time at which point 'Bubba' the world famous and highly-acclaimed, prize-winning Elvis tribute act, will be performing live on the roof top.

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Giving Rupert a Bump!

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Whats is this all about.
    Completely lost as to what is going on.

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rednosty View Post
    Giving Rupert a Bump!
    Hi Nosty!

Many thanks for that! (Hope to see you there tomorrow).

Quote Originally Posted by TrinaKarenJollyGollyJambo View Post
    Whats is this all about.
    Completely lost as to what is going on.
    Hi Trina,

Thanks for your interest. OK it's a very involved Project which was conceived in mid December 2007, and although ongoing, will be reaching a milestone tomorrow.

I'll just give the basic facts here.

'Second-Life' is a huge 'virtual world' with around 1,500,000 users. (See my opening post for all the details about SL). Anything you can do in real-life, can be done there.

Over the last few months a small group of us formed the 'SL eBid Group' and have earned virtual money (Linden Dollars), found and bought land, and built a virtual shopping Mall called 'Manderley'. The Mall has lots of interesting items inside to make sure that lots of people visit it each day.

We have 'advertising panels' inside, (about 48 in total) which are available for rental periods of 3 months, 6 months and 12 months, which eBidders are buying in order to promote their eBid Stores, and/or listings. These are available to buy on eBid from myself (rupert691), Ropegg and Lovetosell.

Each advertising panel has the details of the eBidder on (logo etc. and is very eye catching), and once clicked upon will give a direct link to your eBid Store! This increases traffic to your Store a great deal. Also on being clicked, the advert gives a 'Notecard' (a readable text-file) with further details of the Storeholder on, including extra links (though these are not clickable), information on what is being sold etc. etc. (anything you like in fact!).

We have been gradually building up traffic in the Mall over these last few months, and I am pleased to say that we now get more traffic than some of IBM's smaller Islands. We will be holding weekly events on our 'Roof-top' Club area, which will include Contests for L$ Prizes, Fashion Shows (MB? You there MB? LOL), Dancing and Building Lessons etc. In order to make sure that the 'Manderley Shopping Mall' is constantly attracting new visitors (so they see the adverts), I have also been building in adjacent areas and have recently completed a 'mini-mall' called 'Haven' (selling SL Surveillance Devices and 'Corrines Fashions' (on the Second Floor). Corrine designs and sells some of the most beautiful dresses ever seen in Second-Life! I've also nearing completion of a Garden for relaxation and romance.

Saturday 7pm UK time (11am SL time) will see the much anticipated 'Opening' of the Manderley Shopping Mall! We have an interesting programme of events lined up, including Contests for L$ Prizes, Dancing, and Highly-acclaimed SL Elvis Tribute Act 'Bubba' performing live on the Roof-top.

Getting on SL needs only a Basic (free) account, and the Programme can be downloaded from http://secondlife.com/

If you would like to pop on SL and need any help, please let us know, and if you are already on SL, let me know your ID and I'll send you an 'invite' for the Group. Or if you would like an advert, please check my listings, or that of Ropegg, or Lovetosell.

Many thanks, Simon.

Thread Information