eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 83 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3373747576777879808182838485 LastLast

Thread: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

Default Re: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

Glad you finally found us moonwitch. Hope you enjoyed it and visit again soon...

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

LOL these do bring memories ---

Not long after we found the place and started working on the mall I remember how embarrassed I was when someone ask why I had a shoe sticking out of my bottom end. Oh my!!! I had a lovely shoe on one foot and the other foot was bare because it apparently needed a little conditioning.

I don't have a picture --- LOL that is a good thing.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    LOL these do bring memories ---

Not long after we found the place and started working on the mall I remember how embarrassed I was when someone ask why I had a shoe sticking out of my bottom end. Oh my!!! I had a lovely shoe on one foot and the other foot was bare because it apparently needed a little conditioning.

I don't have a picture --- LOL that is a good thing.
    Hi there are you the same Peggy who has the church there?...lovely work that

I got blinded by what I thought was a flowery wall only it turned out to be the garden

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post

I got blinded by what I thought was a flowery wall only it turned out to be the garden
    Yes Moonwitch, that is the very same Peggy! She is a VERY clever lady, and we're all so proud of her for building the Church as her first build. It really is a very special place to us all in Narugo. We're glad you enjoyed your visit!

(I hope Peggy will be along real soon, if she is reading this!)

Glitch-of-the-day, is the 'Under the floor again' glitch, - named after a song I was listening to at the time we first noticed this one happening. Essentially it's the opposite from the 'Stairway to Heaven' glitch (mentioned earlier), but this time for no apparent reason, you vanish beneath the ground!

Photo below, depicts my luckless partner in crime, stuck under the floor again.

(Do any of the SL eBid Groupies have a photo of the 'Under water' glitch? Preferably with legs up in the air? We've been looking and can't seem to find one so far. If anyone has got one, please feel free to add).

Name:  undertheflooragain.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  178.2 KB
    Last edited by rupert691; 1st December 2011 at 09:35 PM.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes I am the same and thanks. Simon and Wendy had to help me sometimes as in the picture below (not sure this is a glitch) but as you can see the flowers were swarming the church and they were actually up in the sky above the church and invading some of my neighbors. I called for them and when they got there I was out of sight under the church trying to find why my plants were flying around. After they got through wiping the tears from laughing at my mess they corrected the problem for me. We have had lots of fun and I could not have built the church if it had not been for what I had learned from them. The church was in Digix instead of Narugo at that time.

Name:  Slchurchflowers600.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  120.5 KB
    Last edited by ropegg; 1st December 2011 at 10:31 PM. Reason: pic
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

I remember that night well! Me and Simon couldn't speak, we were laughing so much! But we eventually got it under control and looking good again.

Now for another glitch, this one must be the most well known one in SL everyone has experienced it or seen it at some point in their time there. We call it "being a cloud" but a lot call it "puff of smoke" It occurs when you log on and your inventory hasn't fully loaded so you haven't got a "body" Sometimes the only way to solve this one is to get "Ruthed" perhaps that will be explained later........

Have fun everyone!

PS: Second Life and the eBid Mall is always worth a look even if you don't want to stay, setting up an account is free for everyone! Just let us know your inworld Avatar name and we can find you.

Wendy
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Lovetosell; 4th December 2011 at 10:33 AM. Reason: mistake

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Well after a long session in the eBid Mall last night, that was a load of fun enjoyed by all that were there, - and made some of us stay up until 4am! (you know who you are heheehe. I wont say it was Peg*y, or she may get embarrassed), I forgot to do 'Glitch-of-the-day', so here it is.. late!

This one is very funny, though the photo doesn't do it justice really. It's a bit of a rarity, but can be faked up to a point. It's where the avatar's feet are 'just' slightly on an item that is invisible, and your feet aren't sure whether to stand on it, or on the ground, so they sort of flick between the two options rapidly. We call this the 'Riverdance' Glitch, for obvious reasons. The photo below, depicts Peggy caught doing the 'Riverdance' last night. Many thanks to Peggy for being such a good sport!

Also, if any of the eBid Second-Life Group are into long walks, we've got an exciting new promotion coming up soon, - in-world! Make sure you have your eBid T-shirts ready, so that everyone can see them. More details to follow.

Name:  Riverdance.png
Views: 53
Size:  176.6 KB
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh dear...Virginmedia has gone wonky and I haven't been able to stay on-line for more than 10 minutes or so at a time for days.

I'll be back when I get sorted

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Oh dear...Virginmedia has gone wonky and I haven't been able to stay on-line for more than 10 minutes or so at a time for days.

I'll be back when I get sorted
    I'm sorry to hear that Moonwitch. We hope you get sorted out soon, and return!

'Glitch-of-the-day' is 'The Ghost'. Not one that can be photographed usually, but it's where you crash, but don't get properly logged out, but somehow manage to relog, which really isn't possible, but it happens. When you relog, you sometimes see your 'other self'.. or 'Doppleganger'! This can cause a temporal anomaly and then all hell breaks loose!

I have news of an exciting event we're arranging in Second-Life to help promote eBid!

There are some very long roads in Second-Life, that cross many SIMs (large areas of land). These roads take in some great sights including both countryside and urban areas, and really demonstrate what is possible in Second-Life. All the content is 'user created'.

On Saturday 10th December, at 8pm UK time, we will begin to walk one of the longest and most interesting roads in Second-Life.. It's called 'Route 66'. We'd like anyone who wishes to, to join us. Free eBid T-Shirts will be given out at the start, so we can all wear them, and help get the name out there!

Now at the moment for some strange reason, the SLURLs (landmarks from the net to Second-Life places) aren't working properly, so we think the best option is for anyone interested in participating in this exciting event, to add their Second-Life names here, and we'll offer you all a teleport in-world just before 8pm on Saturday.

If you don't already have a Second-Life account, they are available free. Just google it.

Look forward to seeing you there. Please fire away with any questions.

Hope you all got the brand new eBid Tee Shirts! I sent one to everyone through the group but if you didn't receive it, you can get one from the box in the eBid Mall or if you want to IM me inworld I'll send one direct to you. We will all be wearing ours when we do the "Project eBid" walk, along Route 66 on the 10th of December at 8.00pm GMT (12.00pm PST)

Now for todays glitch, this one is quite rare and I was lucky to get pictures of it, we call this the "Sculpty Map Glitch" as the "wrong" textures resemble sculpty maps. You can see the correct views on the left and the glitch views on the right.

See you all on Saturday for that nice long walk!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Lovetosell; 9th December 2011 at 09:16 PM. Reason: mistake

Thread Information