Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google Base My Experience So Far

Default Google Base My Experience So Far

I will start by telling you what I have done. I set up a new Googlemail address and used it to upload the contents of my film store. I used jimbo750's thread to do it. I would like to add that one should add a product_type column if suitable.

I've found base to be a bit hit and miss. For instance there is the problem that if I do a search for 'Annie Hall VHS' (one of my items) I get a good hit to it with an image. But product type is listed as Other. After uploading them on Dec 22nd I then modified Annie Hall on the same day to include a product type (VHS Cassette). But in the base search the item with my image is listed as posted Dec 28th and Product Type: other. Also it is duplicated, but the duplicate does not have an image. But it does include my product type modification. Lastly, on this bit anyway, the duplicate listing with no image uses the description column that was in my upload whilst the listing at the top of the list uses the description from my ebid listing.

Then of course there is the constant redirection to the dot com base. I have so far only listed on the .co.uk site but when checking my items for there prevalence in searches I found I had been redirected to the .com site but my item was listed! Not a problem for me as I am happy to ship abroad but it is yet another bug.

Another piece to add to jimbo's sterling work:

I also decided to add some of my adult items but as I have over 500 I decided to do them in small amounts. I just did the first 4 of my inventory to start with. I used a different googlemail address and uploaded them no problem. Then a day or so later I did the next 5. I thought that by adding a separate data feed to the same base account I could keep doing this until I had got them all up on base. But it dosnt work like this. Even if you have different data feeds on the same base account the next time you upload a new feed it replaces the old one. Not a serious problem and there is an obvious way around it but it something to be aware of.

Main thing I cant work out is:

I used the firefox plugin to copy links and tried pasting them into a spreadsheet but obviously all the other links on the page were also pasted in. What is the best way of doing this if you have 522 items to upload at the same time?

View Brunwulf's Feedback (+90)
    All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inversions View Post
    I used jimbo750's thread to do it.
    Great to see that post helped you

It's a bit out of date now but I will update when I get some time

Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View celticqueen's Feedback (+28)
    All-About celticqueen
    View celticqueen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, I just signed up to google base and listed something to try it out.I can't find a space to display postage and packing charges so I included them in the selling price. Is this usual ?

thats what I have done with the one item I uploaded without going thru the process of uploading my items as part of my ebid listings.

Almost worked. HI I managed to get 150 of my items uploaded to Google Base. Only one problem. NO pictures. I copy and pasted the link from the spreadsheet and it says this pic is no longer available?

Well, where is it?? They are on my auctions and store???

Is there some secret code I have to use????
    HAH

Any advise is of course appreciated.

EZ

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

What's the difference between google base and google products?

I've changed some of my listings to BIN so that ebid automatically upload to google products for me. I know i'm getting more sign ups and sales because of this- especially international ones.

All I know is that if I search base I get different hits than if I search products with the same search.

If your item is rare enough it turns up in normal google searches, you dont have to have it uploaded into base/products. I have had a number of sales recently because buyers have been searching for a particular glamour model using a normal google and they have found eBid on the second/third page. Thats because the models name was in the title of one of my auctions.

It dosnt seem to be working for the books I have for sale. I guess there are just too many of what I have around for sale anyway.

Hi, Can somone point me to the link for uploading to base? Thanks
    For low price gifts that are suitable for pratically everyone !
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Riviera-Shades

Jazz your car up with these great accessories
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Hartiff-Auto-Styling

Golfers..Have a look here for a wide range of golf ball markers
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Golfers-Corner

Not an ebid member yet? Click below to sign up.

http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/normal....=register-main

Riveria:

Go to google.com and below the search box is a clickable link for business solutions. Click on that and you should be able to find it from there.

If you don't already have one you will be required to create an account. No big deal and it's free.

Hope this helps!

Connie*
    What lies before us and what lies behind us are small matters compared to what lies within us. ~~Henry David Thoreau

http://us.ebid.net/stores/Connies-Closet

My question is: Can Google's "STORE CONNECTOR" be used with eBid and if so, how do I do it?

If not, I see I can upload my items individually, which I'd really rather not do 'cuz I'm at 72 and counting and they expire after 31 days or something and I'd probably be that long just trying to get them loaded into Google. However, I noticed a way to do it using an XML file? Please don't take me for stupid but what is that and how do I create one?

Thanks... just trying to do my part in promoting my store and eBid. And, yes, I've emailed everyone I can think of including my relatives

Connie*
    Last edited by conniescloset; 29th February 2008 at 03:48 AM.
    What lies before us and what lies behind us are small matters compared to what lies within us. ~~Henry David Thoreau

http://us.ebid.net/stores/Connies-Closet

Thread Information