eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wow just got a big sale now im worried

View BARJOYS's Feedback (+1566)
    All-About BARJOYS
    View BARJOYS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BAGHAG999 View Post
    Huddys right Paypal dont give the same service for non feebay sales.
    Just make sure you send recorded delivery with that ammount of dosh.

all my items are sent via courier with tracking and all have to be signed for as well

lost over 300.00 couple of months ago when a buyer said item wasnt received i thought no problem i send paypal the tracking number and the signed for delivery signiture guess what they refunded the money to the buyer saying that was not conclusive proof
    https://stores.ebid.net/essex-hospitality-supplies

Hospitality Supplies from Toiletries to Bedroom accessories all aim to help keep your customers coming back again and again

View BARJOYS's Feedback (+1566)
    All-About BARJOYS
    View BARJOYS's Listings
    Forum Posts

if only sales here were as good as the other side i would leave there like a shot

talking of shots ... any one want a jd lol
    https://stores.ebid.net/essex-hospitality-supplies

Hospitality Supplies from Toiletries to Bedroom accessories all aim to help keep your customers coming back again and again

Paypal do protect eBid sales as long as you send in accordance with their terms (paypal confirmed address etc)

For this amount of money I would not send recorded I would send either DHL or special delivery, more likely send special delivery as it's covered upto £500 standard, I think DHL is only £100

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hmmmm... PayPal, they must cover all sites, heck many Big Stores take it now.

Agree with Sarah - recorded delivery only covers you for £39 and even that level of cover is not applicable for mobiles, jewellery, cash etc.

You must use special delivery (or similar paypal-approved service) insured for the cost of the item.

Remove the £200 from your paypal a/c before sending the item.
    Just leave a couple of quid in it, and make sure paypal cant take the funds direct from your source.

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

PHONE POOPAL And explain to them what it is your worried about Meanwhile Keep asking the buyer to confirm!

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

PP does provide seller protection on ebid, or anywhere PP is accepted but has quirks sellers have to be careful about.

Seller must ship to listed address and that address MUST BE CONFIRMED. If address is not confirmed, if there is a despute, even if you have proof you mailed it, PP will rule in the buyer's favor. A scammer will use this to advantage by uisng unconfirmed address, buying an item, paying, waiting until you mail it, and then filing a despute. They end up with item and money.

PP, like feebay, changes its rules all the time, and maybe the above rule has changed. But just check out address, if unconfirmed, give PP a telephone call and find out for sure how you stand BEFORE you mail out your package.

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    Paypal do protect eBid sales as long as you send in accordance with their terms (paypal confirmed address etc)

For this amount of money I would not send recorded I would send either DHL or special delivery, more likely send special delivery as it's covered upto £500 standard, I think DHL is only £100
    Agreed, except that if the address is unconfirmed in PP (actually has this written in PP, not info taken from buyer), then it would be very foolish to ship it at all. No special delivery, etc will keep PP from taking money back when seller breaks PP rules and ships to unconfirmed address!

Agree totally. If you ship according to paypal standards and it's a confirmed address they cover you. I have a business account with them. Not sure if it's the same if you just have a regular account. Any site I've built they gladly let me add them as a payment processor also. Makes it easy to accept payments anywhere.

Thread Information