Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Can anyone help with pictures

Forum Saint
    View RonOne's Feedback (+4296)
    All-About RonOne
    View RonOne's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pinkerpod View Post
    I couldn't have done it without you! "But beware", I will be back!!

Don't stay away to long now, Mary Poppins.
    Sorry, Pinkerpod.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

The optimum size of a picture is a maximum of 500 pixels tall or wide. Smaller than that and it is used 'as is' and gives less detail of the item than it could. Larger and eBid will resize it to fit the available screen real estate. That resizing can degrade the quality of the image. Best to crop and resize the image to fit within a 500 x 500 pixel square using a program on your own PC. There you have more control and can submit a better quality image.

Irfanview is a good free (for non-commercial use) program that can work in batch mode, so you can point it at bunch of files and it will apply the same changes to them all in one go. Available from http://irfanview.com/index.htm

Good to hear you are sorted anyway. Have never uploaded a massive picture so have never seen that reaction to one. I would have expected the system to reject the file rather than sulking about it though. Have stored the foible away in a spare brain cell in case it crops up again.

A lot of picture editing programs have a bulk facility where you can process a load of files at one go.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Larger and eBid will resize it to fit the available screen real estate. That resizing can degrade the quality of the image. Best to crop and resize the image to fit within a 500 x 500 pixel square using a program on your own PC. There you have more control and can submit a better quality image.
    Hey there Astral, I thought that I read before somewhere on the forums that no matter what size you upload it will be degraded? Are you saying that if we make our pics exactly 500x500 then they will not be degraded at all?

I think I tried it when I first joined and the quality looked the same to me but they could have changed it since then.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

eBid do employ image compression - somewhere in the region of 60% of original image size comparing images stored in My Gallery to the originals on my disk. That does far less damage than clumsily resizing an image taking no consideration into account other than 'Make it smaller'. If you resize yourself so that eBid doesn't need to then it should give you control and eBid should leave it alone.

Just checked the main image and the size now appears to be 504 x 504 pixels since the site update.

We always resize our pictures down because they load much, much faster. A few times I forgot to resize and realized it because the upload was taking too long, it makes a noticeable difference in speed.

hi
    i could not get photos and ask google what was wrong they said the site was not verified had not identity ...photo would not load

you go to computer then under that to computer manage and there is a list there go to the word application identity and if it is manual the put it to automatic this will work
    Gillian

Thumbs up photos will not load //// found answer //////

hi gemstones12345

i could not get photos to load and ask google what was wrong they said the site was not verified had not identity ...photo would not load

you go to computer then under that to computer manage and there is a list there go to the word application identity and if it is manual then put it to automatic this will work ...... and made my first buy today
    Gillian

Thread Information