My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Why have 5+ stores?

Talking Why have 5+ stores?

Do we have to have a seperate store for each category? I haven't opened my first one yet because I don't understand why if we can have all the categories we need in one store.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

You can have up to five free stores, but you don't have to have any if you don't want. And just one is fine. Depends how varied your stuff is, how much you have of it. I split my items by books, templates etc, pottery and "bits and bobs" to cover everything else, because there's little relationship between those things and a different shop made sense to me. But I could have put them all in one if I want a general store.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi there

A lot depends on what you sell and whether you want themed stores or want to sell everything in the one store.

One of the major benefits that I see for using all 5 stores is that the featured stores are chosen at random...so if you have five stores you have 5 times as much chance of getting featured than if you had the one store.

Of course...someone is bound to come along and tell me that the featured store thingy isn't there now we have a new site...or that it works differently

Red face Thank-You for your input!! NOW......

If I could only figure out how to work with the description cell on my bulk lister, I'd say "LET THE FUN BEGIN!" I just don't understand it...<p> in the middle of a sentence? (That's what the "Sample" shows) I'm confused. Spoiled by that "other" bulk lister I guess. I like bulk listing because I just have dial-up (Back-woods of NY) so I'm tying up my land line doing one at a time. Thanks everyone for your help.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

The bulk lister shows everything that has to go in the description box, and that includes all the html. <p> is a paragraph mark. If you don't want any formatting you can just put plain text in.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    The bulk lister shows everything that has to go in the description box, and that includes all the html. <p> is a paragraph mark. If you don't want any formatting you can just put plain text in.
    THANK-YOU!!! There I went again!! making things more complicated than they really are!! Thank-You again!! OK!!!! I am off to get some auctions ready to go!!!!! Thank-You LET THE FUN BEGIN!!

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

just get one store and fill it

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    Hi there

A lot depends on what you sell and whether you want themed stores or want to sell everything in the one store.

One of the major benefits that I see for using all 5 stores is that the featured stores are chosen at random...so if you have five stores you have 5 times as much chance of getting featured than if you had the one store.

Of course...someone is bound to come along and tell me that the featured store thingy isn't there now we have a new site...or that it works differently
    Excellent point. Our sales also come from within ebid, and the more ways to "advertise" the better.

Thread Information