eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What are the other payment options like?

View Naturelady's Feedback (+653)
    All-About Naturelady
    View Naturelady's Listings
    Forum Posts

I use PP Google and Postal money orders and checks. Most sales come through PP. Love Google and the way the mark paid in AAL through ebid. Also deposit money directly to bank don't have to do a thing. Have had one customer send a personal check. Everything has worked good for me! Thanks to Jeweleffects for the step by step to set up Google account. I could never have done it on my own. But it is a great payment method!

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just noticed that Money Bookers IS on the ebid list !

Silly me !

Forum Newbie
    All-About Goyals
    View Goyals's Listings
    Forum Posts

money bookers is in the list but ebid doesn't asks for its email address in profile/settings..!!
    Aluminium bonsai wire, 10 kg free .. http://in.ebid.net/for-sale/50x-1kg-...e-29365445.htm

Aluminium bonsai/florist wire .. 100 gram freeee .... http://in.ebid.net/for-sale/1kg-roll...e-29365450.htm

Cheaper and better than Paypal.. https://www.moneybookers.com/app/?rid=17260430

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Yes please add Moneybookers.
    And have a really hard look and talk to PPpay, and consider removing them.
    They seem to be very unprofessional.
    I have heard good and bad about them. Everyone has their preference. I use paypal because I have never had a problem. Others will say they have. I do not mind paying for protection. I know the big auction site owns them.

About one in four of our buyers used Google Checkout. About one in ten sent checks or money orders. One trusting soul sent cash, although we didn't have that listed as an option. The rest used PayPal. We've never had any problems with any of these.

The only difference for us is that PayPal has a fast and convenient system to print the mailing label and postage.

Abertillery, Blaenau Gwent, United Kingdom
    View jane6905's Feedback (+195)
    All-About jane6905
    View jane6905's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    About one in four of our buyers used Google Checkout. About one in ten sent checks or money orders. One trusting soul sent cash, although we didn't have that listed as an option. The rest used PayPal. We've never had any problems with any of these.

The only difference for us is that PayPal has a fast and convenient system to print the mailing label and postage.
    One problem I have encountered with PayPal (notwithstanding the charges), regarding the mailing labels etc... you can not send via second class recorded or second class...! silly when I give the buyer the option to chose their own postage rates and therefore the onus of delivery time falls with them.... Luckily for me though, I also have a Royal Mail online postal account and regularly print labels off through them, which also gives me an order reference direct to the website so that buyers can then look and see that postage has been purchased and the item dispatched....

Apart from that any method to get money TO me is a good one! lol

Not that I am at all materialistic, I just like to keep my home!

Janey (the picture does not have me in it at all... I'd not sit on his lap, you've no idea where he's been!)

Quote Originally Posted by dontpayagarage View Post
    Take care - tried to register with PPPay, sent all my details and waited for the confirmation email link... and waited... and waited. Checked my spam system, it's not there. Went back and checked I'd given the correct email address etc, all correct. Which means either the system hasn't sent the confirmation link, or WORSE, they've sent a link to my full personal and card details to someone else! I emailed immediately, explaining it was urgent, but so far no reply!

To be fair to them, I'll update this thread as to how i get on, but thier lack of response (no read-reciept for my email either, so they obviously take no notice of the URGENT in the email title!) - This is quite worrying I think!

I didn't find PPP very helpful. I got a confirmation link but it was in html and I couldnt activate my account so I got in touch with the ppp support. All they kept on saying was to send them the original confirmation email I received from them and then not doing anything about it. Don't think they were much bothered

Forum Newbie
    View Heruur's Feedback (+180)
    All-About Heruur
    View Heruur's Listings
    Forum Posts

Paypal was all well and good until they out of the blue froze my account and stole $15K of my money. I will never use them after that. Here is what they did. I was selling on greedebay, and they put a 21 day hold on my account because of "high risk" since most of my customers were overseas. Than at day 20 they froze may account sending me this:

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

We have reviewed your PayPal Account, and due to the excessive risk
    involved, we would like to begin parting ways in a manner that is least
    disruptive to your business.

Please reply to this email by logging in to your PayPal account and filling
    out the Limited Account Access web form to facilitate the disbursement of
    any funds remaining in your PayPal account. You can locate the web form by
    typing the following in your browser: https://www.paypal.com/emailus,
    choosing the topic "Limited Account Access," clicking "Continue," and
    writing your instructions in the message box.

Disbursement can be handled in one of two ways:

1. Your remaining account balance can be used to provide refunds to your
    buyers (if applicable).

OR

2. Your remaining account balance will be held in your PayPal account for
    180 days from the date your account was limited. After 180 days, you will
    be notified via email with information on how to receive your remaining
    funds.

If you choose to provide refunds to your customers, please log in to your
    account and contact us with a list of transaction IDs for the buyers that
    you would like to refund.

We thank you for your prompt attention to this matter and apologize for any
    inconvenience this may cause.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Sincerely,
    Tammy
    PayPal Account Review Department
    PayPal, an eBay Company

It's been well over 180 days since it happened on December 17 2009,and they are still holding my money in paypal, except THEY WON'T EVEN LET ME LOG ONTO PAYPAL ANYMORE saying my account has been locked. THEY ROBBED ME and ruined my greedebay business! In contrast google checkout acts as a money transmitter, the security check/payment hold is 3 to 5 days then your money goes right into your checking account. As for paypal NEVER AGAIN!!!
    Heruur Electronic Specialties Co.
    ~If you can DREAM of it We can build it!~
    http://us.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...arch&type=user

Forum Lurker
    View vq5speed's Feedback (+79)
    All-About vq5speed
    View vq5speed's Listings
    Forum Posts

I use Paypal and Google. As much as I may have issues with Paypal I use it pretty much exclusively as almost everyone now has Paypal even if you don't buy on e bay a lot of other online merchants accept Paypal. Paypal's been around so long and there company it huge so they have the staff to answer emails and phone calls almost immediately. I like Google as payments go directly to my checking account.

Thread Information